News Swan and Dolphin Tower Expansion - The Walt Disney World Swan Reserve

DisneyOutsider

I, for one, would be saddened to see it removed for another freakin Hilton.

Neither the Swan nor Dolphin are Hilton properties, but either way.. I love the fact that they exist. Well-run hotels in a fantastic location that I can stay in for $20/night using their loyalty program. And even if you don't consider the loyalty program, a Disney-owned equivalent of the Swolphin would likely charge much higher prices.

Of course we're still unsure of how the Marriott takeover will affect these properties, however I'm all for an expansion of these properties the way they are currently run.

Kamikaze

What if I said there are plans for a third guest room tower for the Swolphin complex?

It might be. It might not be ;)

And I would say I can't share more details yet aside from it will be a substantial development :D

(Assuming I knew what I was talking about) ;)

Don't worry. Any proposed monorail route isn't like this one.

Martin dropping knowledge all over the place.

raven

A bus driver told me there's a footer under the tennis courts already.
Anyone else spot the fault in this sentence? LOL!
Of course we're still unsure of how the Marriott takeover will affect these properties, however I'm all for an expansion of these properties the way they are currently run.
Marriot doesn't have plans to change any of the hotel side of Starwood properties, just overhead them.

ToTBellHop

Neither the Swan nor Dolphin are Hilton properties, but either way.. I love the fact that they exist. Well-run hotels in a fantastic location that I can stay in for $20/night using their loyalty program. And even if you don't consider the loyalty program, a Disney-owned equivalent of the Swolphin would likely charge much higher prices.

It would have hardly been a compliment had I said "...another freakin Marriott." Regardless of how they are run, the Swan and Dolphin, to me, are hideous and terrible to see from DHS and Epcot. I'm sure the bedding is soft.

Nubs70

Even if they took everything out, it's not a big area. They could build something tall there, but it would have to be something that doesn't require a lot of parking. They could squeeze a hotel tower there, but there would be no room left for parking.
However, the margin on the mini golf has to be very low or negative. Some sort of anything would have a higher margin.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom