News Swan and Dolphin Tower Expansion - The Walt Disney World Swan Reserve

DznyRktekt

Look at the thought put into that logo..

1543422079682.png

Missing20K

They went with something besides Helvetica. I’m on a phone but my guess is Avenir.

I thought maybe Gil Sans.

I like a nice Frutiger. Reminds me of airports.
Honestly I prefer this over the Riviera and Coronado towers.

At least this isn't pretending to adhere to any theme.
It's just full-on modern
That's a low bar. But I agree. Even though it's u-g-l-y, you ain't got on alibi, you ugly, oh, oh, you ugly.

Missing20K

T H E . C O V E . A R I A L . R O U N D E D . M T
The median line is different for Arial Rounded MT compared to what they are showing on the sign. Look at the 'E'. The median line is above the halfway mark on the Arial Rounded MT and is below the halfway mark on the logo.

EDIT: Now I'm not sure, the lighting is so bad. The first 'E' appears slightly different than the second 'E'. I'm guessing it's the lighting and angle of the photo.
cove.PNG

As an aside, someone ask my firm to build something.;)

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The median line is different for Arial Rounded MT compared to what they are showing on the sign. Look at the 'E'. The median line is above the halfway mark on the Arial Rounded MT and is below the halfway mark on the logo.

EDIT: Now I'm not sure, the lighting is so bad. The first 'E' appears slightly different than the second 'E'. I'm guessing it's the lighting and angle of the photo.
View attachment 329012

I see your point.

Looks rounded which would exclude Avenir and Gil, but, that may be the poor quality of the photo.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

View attachment 329012

How about Uniform Rounded: https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/millertype/uniform-rounded/regular/

Or Uniform Rounded Medium: https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/millertype/uniform-rounded/medium/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom