News Swan and Dolphin Tower Expansion - The Walt Disney World Swan Reserve

SpaceMountain77

It seems strange that Google has selected this site for a satellite corporate office. Maybe they will be working with Disney to improve the IT infrastructure?
Screen-Shot-2018-02-26-at-11.50.57-AM.png

Monorail_Red_77

They also own the land the LBV resorts sit on. I wonder what the situation is for the Four Seasons and the Flamingo Crossings development.
Here's what I could find based on Orange County Property Appraiser site as well as Sunbiz (Florida Div of Corporations) and a little google along the way. I have included screen grabs of maps and other supporting docs.

So here goes......

Four Seasons property was actually sold off and is no longer owned by Disney at all.
FS AND GOLDEN OAK ZOOM.png

FS SEARCH 1.png

Golden Oak which surrounds Four Seasons and includes the Multi-Million Houses on Property.
This was changed from being Disney Parks and Resorts US owned to a spin-off Golden Oak Develpement LLC owned.
Which is still owned by Disney, just not parks and resorts. This was done so as to not cause any issues with Reedy Creek Voting members. The seven or so people that actually live in City of Bay Lake beside MK backstage and the same amount that live in City of Lake Buena Vista, behind Disney Springs area. So since Golden Oak residents do not technically live in WDW they cannot vote on WDW which is good. However, they still sort of live on property as it is owned by Disney.

FS AND GOLDEN OAK ZOOM.png

GOLDEN OAK SEARCH 1.png

GOLDEN OAK SEARCH 2.png

Flamingo Crossings was spun off as Flamingo Crossings LLC similarly to how Golden Oak Development LLC was and is still owned by Disney as can be seen in the below supporting screen grabs.
FLAMINGO CROSSINGS LLC MAP 1.png

FLAMINGO CROSSINGS LLC SEARCH 1.png

Out west past Flamingo Crossing, Disney Parks US owns some land right up to CR 545 (Avalon RD)
FLAMINGO CROSSINGS LLC MAP 2.png

If you look east across I-4 from Disney Springs Hotel area. Disney Parks US owns land around little Lk Bryant, which is Mickey's Retreat (area for CM recreation) Some of the land they own and land is probably leased. Most of this is for the College Program CM's to reside in. I found it interesting that the own one property Meadow Creek but not the other four or so nearby. If you have ever noticed the TranStar buses that run off property. Theses are for CM transport off-site. At night I've actually seen some CM still in costume on the buses.
NEAR MICKEY'S RETREAT MAP 1.png

Since I was looking through the map I thought I'd also throw in a bit of DHS fun. You can see that they have some of the Toy Story Land building already on the Prop Appraisers site now too.
TOY STORY MAP 1.png

Celebration, FL had a similar fate once it was completed. It was spun off on it's own while Disney still owns some property in that town such as Disney Cruise Line Offices, etc. Yet Celebration gets all of their utilities from Reedy Creek Improvement District. Also you can see that RCID also owns property surrounding Celebration as well.
Pics of this may come in a later post.

That's all for now.

Attachments

• FS AND GOLDEN OAK ZOOM 2.png
    FS AND GOLDEN OAK ZOOM 2.png
    689.8 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:

orlandovv7

Has anyone heard an update to this? I couldn't find anything online. Would be interesting to see a new luxury resort go here, perhaps Marriott branded? (A St. Regis would be a nice addition to Marriott's other luxury properties in Orlando...)

alex0c

I work in the real estate development industry and can share a few tidbits that just came across my desk:

-Tishman is partnering with MetLife to build the new 350 room hotel
-They are currently seeking a 7-year, $627 million loan to refinance the existing debt on the property
-$180 million of that would be a construction loan for the new hotel
-The Swan and Dolphin hotels generated $35.5 million of net operating income last year, up from $25 million in 2016 (guess those renovations paid off!). Occupancy last year was 91%
-Tishman has a land lease which runs through 2041 with two 25-year extension options

ABQ

Uh oh, someone will try to conenct dots and claim that MetLife is resurrecting its sponsorship of Wonders of Life and hence the renovations over there.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I work in the real estate development industry and can share a few tidbits that just came across my desk:

-Tishman is partnering with MetLife to build the new 350 room hotel
-They are currently seeking a 7-year, $627 million loan to refinance the existing debt on the property
-$180 million of that would be a construction loan for the new hotel
-The Swan and Dolphin hotels generated $35.5 million of net operating income last year, up from $25 million in 2016 (guess those renovations paid off!). Occupancy last year was 91%
-Tishman has a land lease which runs through 2041 with two 25-year extension options
Thanks for sharing!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Their cost of rooms have gone up significantly in the past 5 years even before the renovation was completed.

Disney Dad 3000

This is certainly true, but I find an anomaly every once in a while. You can nab Labor Day weekend rooms for $155 a night at the moment. $129 a night if you are a friend or family member of a Marriott Employee.

Saw that too and thought really odd. We stayed Jan '16 for 170/night i believe and Jan '18 same weekend would've been 300

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Saw that too and thought really odd. We stayed Jan '16 for 170/night i believe and Jan '18 same weekend would've been 300
That's exactly what happened to me too! We decided to stay at the Yacht club for the extra 50 bucks a night.

For our Labor Day trip we are only going Friday to Monday so we decided on the Dolphin. All in its about $203 a night including resort fee and parking. For me, that's a bargain for its location and updated rooms. Of course that's the exception not the rule.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Yeah, last minute fill-the-room deals are great. Booking far in advance... not so much.
Historically, September (and Labor Day Weekend) as well as January (except this year) have always had some type of discounted room, but certainly not like they used to. I remember the days of booking those rooms for $139 a night consistently. Now you have to go to the Disney Springs area for that price.

NiarrNDisney

Even if they closed Fantasia Gardens, that still seems like too small of a space for a hotel unless it's a high rise stacked on top of a parking garage. I suppose they could fill the ponds in for more room.

I asked the same question a while back and MisterPenguin shared this:

It would have a larger footprint than the Dolphin (minus the conference center).

See here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...-fantasia-gardens.908737/page-16#post-7529936

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom