Swan and Dolphin Inclusion?

Rob562

As they are not Disney resorts, don't have charging room privileges in the parks, can't have Disney park tickets encoded onto the room keys, etc I'd wager that they'll be in the same boat as all the other off-site Guests. Namely, they'll have access to FP+ in some fashion, but won't have MagicBands unless they are AP holders or are given the opportunity to buy Bands.

-Rob

CarlFredricksen

Original Poster
As they are not Disney resorts, don't have charging room privileges in the parks, can't have Disney park tickets encoded onto the room keys, etc I'd wager that they'll be in the same boat as all the other off-site Guests. Namely, they'll have access to FP+ in some fashion, but won't have MagicBands unless they are AP holders or are given the opportunity to buy Bands.

-Rob

Interesting. This is kind of what I figured, however I hadn't heard anything definitive one way or the other. Since they aren't technically Disney resorts, however are the closest thing since they're on the bus line, can book from WDW.com, have access to EMH, etc, it'll be interesting to see how it's handled.

GrumpyFan

Disney has alluded to the possibility of adding other hotels/resorts to the system in patents previously filed, and it may happen at some future date, but I wouldn't expect it while they're still in test mode.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
There has been some debate about S&D and also the Hilton across from DTD that has EMHs. If Disney doesn't include these resorts when the system fully rolls out it will be ugly like when the Disney buses stopped servicing the hotel row resorts. Boy I remember that, it was ugly.

As far as charging, Disney has set up an agreement I believe with American Express prepaid debit card for Free as of now. It will allow guests, including localsAP holders to attach money to their magic bands.

Wow, hadn’t really thought about how this would affect the S&D.
We stayed at the Swan last year drove up from Miami & flew back to the UK from there as well so we had no use for DME so apart from not being able to charge things to our room key & having a separate card for park entry we really didn’t feel like we were missing out on anything.
We’ve booked OKW for our trip next year, so we are looking forward to making use of the magic bands, DME & room charging privileges.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom