Survivor S40: Winners at War

BrianLo

DENISE - what a boss!

DGB8fBuXUAAPE9K

RIP Parv, it was a good run.

I think Sarah remains the front runner for the end game. She has secured herself quite a few offshoot alliances. Even if the Yul collective returns, Sophie will keep them steered clear of her for a while.

I think the downside for Yul's alliance is that they are now a very clear trio in a game without another trio. I see the tides turning on Wendell (fingers crossed).

I'm really cool with almost anyone winning at this point apart from Wendell and perhaps a few of the men that are ironically the goats of this season. The women are playing hard.

Wendy Pleakley

What was Sandra thinking? In a tribe of five, she gave up immunity AND made it so Denise could save herself a fire token by voting her out. How does "the Queen" decide that an Erik style move makes sense? This has to go down as one of the worst moves in Survivor history.

Wendell is similarly lucky to have survived. In front of his alliance, he flat out said that he would swap his vote to anyone of Parvati's choice, in return for fire tokens. Maybe he was trying to pull a fast one on Parvati as well, and his alliance knew it? Otherwise it just makes no sense. If Parvati wasn't the big threat that she is, I wonder if he would have gone home.

artvandelay

Seriously, I’m the first one here?!? 😲

Sandra, Sandra, Sandra ... The Queen? More like King Edward VIII.

Forgive me if I read it wrong, but she didn’t even stay on Edge a single night?
I can understand why she quit. She is not good at challenges. Sandra has sat out most of the challenges this season. She has a very small chance of winning a challenge against the other people at Edge.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
My son pointed out something - Sandra will no longer be the Queen, period. At the end of this, someone will have $3 million to her $2 million, and they will both be tied at two wins.

PUSH

Original Poster
And the old schoolers are all gone. 😔

1. I do not fault Sandra at all for leaving, or even sitting out of all of the challenges. She knows her strengths and her weaknesses. Her weakness is the challenges. She got this far by sitting out of the challenges. If she would have pushed to play, she would cost her tribe in the challenges, which not only gets her to more Tribal Councils, but also puts a target on her back for being bad at them. She knew she had the smallest chance to succeed in any return challenge. You have some of the best challenge competitors of all time out there - Rob, Tyson, Parvati, Natalie... I do not fault her at all.

2. The old schoolers have not had a hard time keeping up with modern Survivor. They were in the minority. They are the bigger threats. They've had time to have their legends grow compared to these new players, in which many grew up watching the old schoolers, which just makes them bigger targets. For all we know, there could have been a new school alliance that we haven't been shown. I think that's pretty likely to some extent.

3. The challenges this season have been incredible!

4. I loved the scene between Parvati and Ethan.

5. I HATE to say it... but the Edge has given a lot of interesting material this season. But also a lot of not so great material that takes away from the game. A thousand percent better than season 37 so far, but I'd still hate to see it return. I think the only reason it kind of works this season is because it's winners, and everybody knows about it.

6. I think it will be one of these players getting back in at the merge: Rob and Tyson in the first tier, Natalie and Yul in the second tier.

7. Who I want to return: Parvati (duh) or Ethan

8. As much as it stinks having all the old school players gone, I would still be thrilled with one of the following winning: Kim, Tony, Denise, Jeremy, Michele, or Sophie. That's a lot of players!

surfsupdon

Love this show. Survivor ratings are also spiking (I know people are home) bit new eyes can keep this show on for many, many more years.

Sandra as Queen was not bc she had $2 million in the bank, compared to this winner having $3million. It’s because she won for a second time while playing against people who were not previous winners. A previous winner will win this season bc ALL ARE previous winners. Sandra was a previous winner who managed to win again amid non winners.

The scene between Ethan and Parv was great TV, but real life! Wow.

Boston Rob wrote the book- he is good, despite being a ‘portly chap’ lol Tyson.

My favorite legends are all on Edge. They were outnumbered against the new winners. That was annoying. An old school vs new school tribe would have helped them out.

Really enjoying this season!!!! Survivor is ALWAYS great tv time!

BrianLo

My son pointed out something - Sandra will no longer be the Queen, period. At the end of this, someone will have $3 million to her $2 million, and they will both be tied at two wins.

There might be a king... but I'm very hopeful for a woman to win this season. For many reasons including dethroning Sandra.

BrianLo

Is the line for new school and old school delineated by season 20?

I actually think Denise, Sophie and Kim as single season players in the early 20's aren't particularly what I would call 'new school'. Tyson sandwiches them. But I guess they aren't old per say either.

Sarah remains on track as a front-runner. I really think she'll play well to the jury and Yup will be a good spokesman.

Another elimination with Adam and Wendall making it by the skin of their teeth. I guess I need people to root against.

PUSH

Original Poster
Is the line for new school and old school delineated by season 20?

I actually think Denise, Sophie and Kim as single season players in the early 20's aren't particularly what I would call 'new school'. Tyson sandwiches them. But I guess they aren't old per say either.

Sarah remains on track as a front-runner. I really think she'll play well to the jury and Yup will be a good spokesman.

Another elimination with Adam and Wendall making it by the skin of their teeth. I guess I need people to root against.
I personally use season 20 to determine old and new school. But really there are different eras:

1-7
8-15
16-20
20-27
28-33
34-present

But if we are saying old vs new, I think you have to use HvV as the split.

artvandelay

And the old schoolers are all gone. 😔

1. I do not fault Sandra at all for leaving, or even sitting out of all of the challenges. She knows her strengths and her weaknesses. Her weakness is the challenges. She got this far by sitting out of the challenges. If she would have pushed to play, she would cost her tribe in the challenges, which not only gets her to more Tribal Councils, but also puts a target on her back for being bad at them. She knew she had the smallest chance to succeed in any return challenge. You have some of the best challenge competitors of all time out there - Rob, Tyson, Parvati, Natalie... I do not fault her at all.

2. The old schoolers have not had a hard time keeping up with modern Survivor. They were in the minority. They are the bigger threats. They've had time to have their legends grow compared to these new players, in which many grew up watching the old schoolers, which just makes them bigger targets. For all we know, there could have been a new school alliance that we haven't been shown. I think that's pretty likely to some extent.

3. The challenges this season have been incredible!

4. I loved the scene between Parvati and Ethan.

5. I HATE to say it... but the Edge has given a lot of interesting material this season. But also a lot of not so great material that takes away from the game. A thousand percent better than season 37 so far, but I'd still hate to see it return. I think the only reason it kind of works this season is because it's winners, and everybody knows about it.

6. I think it will be one of these players getting back in at the merge: Rob and Tyson in the first tier, Natalie and Yul in the second tier.

7. Who I want to return: Parvati (duh) or Ethan

8. As much as it stinks having all the old school players gone, I would still be thrilled with one of the following winning: Kim, Tony, Denise, Jeremy, Michele, or Sophie. That's a lot of players!
Spot on!

artvandelay

Who is the biggest target at the merge? Last time EoE was used, the returning player was safe at the first tribal, so it can’t be the returnee.

Wendell has been getting a villain edit.

Could it be Tony? I hope not. He brings energy and chaos that this season needs.

PUSH

Original Poster
Who is the biggest target at the merge? Last time EoE was used, the returning player was safe at the first tribal, so it can’t be the returnee.

Wendell has been getting a villain edit.

Could it be Tony? I hope not. He brings energy and chaos that this season needs.
I think there will be a lot of targets, but Tony is the one that immediately pops into my head. I could see Kim, Jeremy, or Denise, too. Sarah potentially. Or whoever returns from the Edge. I have a feeling the returnee won't have an idol this time for two reasons. First, production took so much heat from the idols being handed to them (because getting back in the game is already their second chance). Second, there's an option to buy an idol on the Edge, which is only good if they get back in the game.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom