Survivor S40: Winners at War

PUSH

Original Poster
I was reading about the fire tokens and I’m not enthusiastic about it since it involves edge of extinction.
I think it has potential. At least it could give some strategy to EoE, which might make people feel a little better about getting back into the game, rather than just sitting there and skipping most of the game.

Or not. Probably not. But if Parvati comes back at the final 6, I can't say I'd be disappointed... but if Ben did I'd be furious.

PUSH

Original Poster
This is a good watch. Also, if you go to ET Canada's YouTube page and find the Winners at War playlist, they have great preseason interviews with all the players. Highly recommended. I've been making my way through it the past couple days.

artvandelay

I think it has potential. At least it could give some strategy to EoE, which might make people feel a little better about getting back into the game, rather than just sitting there and skipping most of the game.

Or not. Probably not. But if Parvati comes back at the final 6, I can't say I'd be disappointed... but if Ben did I'd be furious.
I read that Jeff said fire tokens are part of the game going forward. Does that mean EoE is part of the game going forward? I hope not.

PUSH

Original Poster
I read that Jeff said fire tokens are part of the game going forward. Does that mean EoE is part of the game going forward? I hope not.
In an interview with Dalton Ross, Jeff said if fire tokens go well this season, they could be a staple of the game going forward. He said it could end up being they hide fire tokens instead of idols, then you can use the tokens to purchase different advantages. I honestly don't hate that over having no idols hidden. But he didn't seem like it was locked in for future seasons - only if it goes well in WaW.

I also got the sense in an offseason interview with him that EoE is only coming back to reassure these players that they will have another shot if they get voted out early. It didn't seem like it was by design, but rather fabricated to get enough winners on board. Because as a player it's awesome.

PUSH

Original Poster
I'm interested to see how alliances play out. I am hoping for more of an old-school style of play with all these old-school players. The smart thing to do would be to get the big threats together to take out the smaller threats. Not sure egos will let that happen, but otherwise it's going to be like recent seasons where all the threats go home early. I'd love to see an alliance involving Rob and Parvati. Not that I am a massive Rob fan, but I feel like it's smart for both of their games.

artvandelay

I'm interested to see how alliances play out. I am hoping for more of an old-school style of play with all these old-school players. The smart thing to do would be to get the big threats together to take out the smaller threats. Not sure egos will let that happen, but otherwise it's going to be like recent seasons where all the threats go home early. I'd love to see an alliance involving Rob and Parvati. Not that I am a massive Rob fan, but I feel like it's smart for both of their games.
It seems like the big threats would have to team up to protect themselves.

Another idea floated on RHAP has is the old school players taking out the new kids (Michelle,Sarah, Adam, Ben, Wendell and Nick). Dalton Ross tweeted a picture of Kim that kinda backs this up. The picture shows who she’d vote out first, and it was Sarah. Under Sarah’s name Kim wrote “you just try to f’ing hard”.

I’m hoping we’ll get to see strategy moves instead of advantages every week.

PUSH

Original Poster
It seems like the big threats would have to team up to protect themselves.

Another idea floated on RHAP has is the old school players taking out the new kids (Michelle,Sarah, Adam, Ben, Wendell and Nick). Dalton Ross tweeted a picture of Kim that kinda backs this up. The picture shows who she’d vote out first, and it was Sarah. Under Sarah’s name Kim wrote “you just try to f’ing hard”.

I’m hoping we’ll get to see strategy moves instead of advantages every week.
I've been looking at those picture on Twitter. Ethan said his first target would be Nick because old school crushes new school. I would love to see an old school takeover. I think we are all getting burnt out by advantages, and the return of many of these players hopefully brings back a simpler, yet more strategic game.

BrianLo

I am a bit worried about Danni. From what I can wrack my brain to recall, she might be the only true coat-tail rider on the cast. She would not have won on modern survivor, since modern survivor buffers the lesser of two evils vote with a third finalist.

Amber may have a similar play style, but comes in with a much larger ball and chain.

The big target people (of which half the cast qualifies) really need to band together in the early game, if they stand any chance at winning.

artvandelay

I am a bit worried about Danni. From what I can wrack my brain to recall, she might be the only true coat-tail rider on the cast. She would not have won on modern survivor, since modern survivor buffers the lesser of two evils vote with a third finalist.

Amber may have a similar play style, but comes in with a much larger ball and chain.

The big target people (of which half the cast qualifies) really need to band together in the early game, if they stand any chance at winning.
Danni is Jeff Probst’s pregame pick to win Because she can lay low and is not seen as a threat to the bigger players

artvandelay

I've been looking at those picture on Twitter. Ethan said his first target would be Nick because old school crushes new school. I would love to see an old school takeover. I think we are all getting burnt out by advantages, and the return of many of these players hopefully brings back a simpler, yet more strategic game.
Today it was Parvati’s turn to write Sarah’s name as her first one out. Sarah better hope her tribe wins the first three challenges or she’ll be the mayor of EoE.

BrianLo

Danni is Jeff Probst’s pregame pick to win Because she can lay low and is not seen as a threat to the bigger players

Precisely! I'd say she has one of the best shots at making the finals... but I wouldn't give her good odds on winning.

I don't think this cast in particular would reward a lay low game. Her game doesn't align with how the majority play it and I really don't think they'd be eager with her being a two-time winner.

Unless she actually plays a great game.

PUSH

Original Poster
Rob Cesternino made a good point. With a $2 million prize, and the majority of the cast having kids... it's not likely they reward someone who doesn't have kids with that much money.

PUSH

Original Poster
Winners:

Jeff: We need EoE so winners will come back!

As more and more press is coming out, more and more winners are saying they don't like EoE. Kim said she does not like EoE or the abundance of idols. Tony says he doesn't want EoE. My guess is one or two players wanted the Edge *cough Boston Rob cough*, so Jeff used that to get it back in because he loves the idea. EoE was nearly on IoI, too.

I have always loved Jeff and have always thought he is what Survivor is. The past few seasons I have felt more and more like Jeff is out of touch with what fans actually want. It seems that he has what he likes, and that's what is going to be on the show. I think Jeff is hurting the show quite a bit these days, and I do worry for its future if he continues these ridiculous twists that fans hate and casuals won't realize if they're gone. I think this is a growing feeling among fans, too. Maybe it's because of the success of international seasons with less craziness. It shows the show can succeed without Jeff, and is better received without the gimmicks.

PUSH

Original Poster
Tony, Jeremy, Kim, and Sandra have all publicly stated they hate EoE. Four of the biggest names on the cast. Yet Jeff says they wouldn't have come back without it. I call baloney again. If one or two players wouldn't come back, fine. Don't bring them back then.

PUSH

Original Poster
IMG_20200201_100414.jpg

PUSH

Original Poster
I feel like they're pushing EoE down our throats with all the "historic moments" they are showing tonight. EoE is an awful season. Great cast. Awful season. I feel like that's the common thread lately, outside of DvG. We've had fantastic casting for a long time now. Since the string of bad casts in 21-24, I feel like the worst casts we've had are probably Worlds Apart and Ghost Island, but even those casts have had awesome characters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom