Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X

PUSH

I agree. Though honestly thinking back about it more, they have kind of always been a thing, just to a lesser extent. It wasn't until Fishbach gave it a name that it feels that much different :p
I love Fishbach's commentary on Survivor. He gives such great insight on RHAP. Together those two help satisfy the Survivor nerd in me.

PUSH

I was reading Rachel's exit interview, and she shed some light on the evacuation.

Holmes: Last night’s evacuation was a “Survivor” first. What happened after you were loaded onto the boats?
Ako: They evacuated us pretty late. I was getting my butt handed to me by the wind because I’m little as it is. They put us in this boat that was pretty rocky. Then they put us in this room with concrete floors, no pillows, no anything. We were separated by tribes and we weren’t able to talk. The producers were monitoring us. It was pretty awful.
Holmes: That sounds worse than being in the jungle.
Ako: That’s what I thought at the time.

http://my.xfinity.com/blogs/tv/2016/09/22/survivor-castaway-rachel/

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Three days late to the party, but here I am.

First - Paul should have won. Paul deserved to win. Not friendship. I knew from his answers to the questions that he was out of luck.
Team Victor & Paul for TAR!

Now on to Survivor. I'm showing my age here, but I didn't give a hoot about the Millennials. Upon going through a cast list, I sorta figured out who everyone is. I like Michelle (of course, I do), Hannah, and like many of you, Zeke. Zeke is clearly a Gen-X'er at heart. He's such an old soul. Heck, he might even be a Baby Boomer deep down.

Gen X - My very clear favourites are Ken (plus he's pretty, so yay!), Chris (the lawyer) and Bret (the cop).
As per usual, I far prefer the male players.

David, I started out not liking, but his confessionals really tugged on my heart strings. I think he's too emotionally fragile for this game, and I hope it wasn't a mistake casting him. Time will tell.

And Will ... 18 years old, still in high school. You go kid! We didn't see enough of him this episode, which often happens when there are so many people. I seriously doubt he has any chance of winning, but what a life experience for him. I cannot imagine being his mother, sitting at home worrying about her baby during cyclone season. Yikes!

The good-looking three - Triforce? Not that good looking. Not that nice. Not that smart. Hopefully, not going that far.

Last edited:

PUSH

Three days late to the party, but here I am.

First - Paul should have won. Paul deserved to win. Not friendship. I knew from his answers to the questions that he was out of luck.
Team Victor & Paul for TAR!

Now on to Survivor. I'm showing my age here, but I didn't give a hoot about the Millennials. Upon going through a cast list, I sorta figured out who everyone is. I like Michelle (of course, I do), Hannah, and like many of you, Zeke. Zeke is clearly a Gen-X'er at heart. He's such an old soul. Heck, he might even be a Baby Boomer deep down.

Gen X - My very clear favourites are Ken (plus he's pretty, so yay!), Chris (the lawyer) and Bret (the cop).
As per usual, I far prefer the male players.

David, I started out not liking, but his confessionals really tugged on my heart strings. I think he's too emotionally fragile for this game, and I hope it wasn't a mistake casting him. Time will tell.

And Will ... 18 years old, still in high school. You go kid! We didn't see enough of him this episode, which often happens when there are so many people. I seriously doubt he has any chance of winning, but what a life experience for him. I cannot imagine being his mother, sitting at home worrying about her baby during cyclone season. Yikes!

The good-looking three - Triforce? Not that good looking. Not that nice. Not that smart. Hopefully, not going that far.
And here we are again with our disagreements. I found the Gen X tribe was the one I didn't give a hoot about. They bored me. Similar to Nicaragua where the older tribe bored me (granted the younger tribe was a pretty boring one, too, aside from Brenda), but the older tribe was very bland from what I remember.

The only "good looking" force I like is Figgy. I think she has a solid head on her, and she can use that, along with her flirting capabilities to move far into the game. Or her game with be figured out quickly. Everyone is scared of the strategic, social flirt.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
And here we are again with our disagreements. I found the Gen X tribe was the one I didn't give a hoot about. They bored me. Similar to Nicaragua where the older tribe bored me (granted the younger tribe was a pretty boring one, too, aside from Brenda), but the older tribe was very bland from what I remember.

The only "good looking" force I like is Figgy. I think she has a solid head on her, and she can use that, along with her flirting capabilities to move far into the game. Or her game with be figured out quickly. Everyone is scared of the strategic, social flirt.
You like Figgy because she is Parvati-light.
I dislike her, for the same reason.

No worries. We seldom agree.

PUSH

What just happened? A crazy episode!

Let's start with David. I feel like he's starting to play a lot smarter. He's being more discreet, and he's building trust. He has a solid 3-person alliance, plus and idol. Still far outnumbered, but he's making progress. I think he'll shape up well in the long run.

Paul's medical issue was concerning. It really seemed like he was having a heart attack, and it's something to keep monitoring as the season progresses. Overall I don't think it will play a huge role, though.

As for the millennial tribe, what? I had a strong feeling because of the edit tonight that Figgy wasn't going home, but what an incredible job by Michelle to sway Michaela AND Hannah. Do you know how historically improbable it is for someone to change their vote at Tribal? It's happening more and more in recent seasons, but it's still crazy when it actually happens. I'm curious how they seat the players at Tribal. I've heard they put alliances together, and the people on the hot seat in the middle. But how did Hannah end up on the far side, away from her "alliance"? There's got to be something more that the producers didn't show us, or it just happened to be luck, because Michelle had the perfect person to sway. Someone who is wacky and easily persuaded.

However, I was SHOCKED that it was Mari who went home. I thought last week she got a little bit of a "winner's edit", but I guess that proves that theory wrong (although it did apply to Michele last season). I'm disappointed Mari really didn't get to show her true Survivor colors, but I'm also happy Figgy is still in it. I think she has a lot of potential and will learn from her early mistakes. She definitely played the flirt card too early, but she just seems to have a knack for Survivor.

The person who I think gained the most ground this week was Michelle. She proved to be a player, which I didn't think she would be based off of her pre-game videos and last week's episode.

The people who lost the most ground were obviously Adam and Zeke. I think Zeke will pull himself out of this hole, but I don't think Adam will. He seems to be a guy who's just "there", although I do like him.

I'm going to hold off on a new winner pick, because I'm obviously not good at them.

PUSH

Just finished. Wow. Can't believe they were able to switch the vote up. For me, I would have stuck with voting off figgy to break up the power couple.
Either way I think Hannah is giving up a lot of power to someone - Figgy or Mari. Granted, I think her best option would have been to stick with Mari, but who knows what was actually said in those whispers. Michelle obviously told her something other than "vote Mari". If that's all she said, she wins the award for best persuader in Survivor history... or Hannah wins the award for most easily influenced.

Depending on twists and tribe swaps, and how the challenges go (a lot of huge variables, yes), I think Figgy and her core alliance are set up nicely. I also think Jay played it very well. He was kind of with both sides, and he is obviously the smarter of the two bros. Taylor is just an idiot.

NYwdwfan

I absolutely cannot stand almost all of the millennial tribe. I have a feeling Jennifer feels the same. Definitely an eventful episode although I didn't like the outcome.

NYwdwfan

I'm not a fan of them, except Zeke.
Yes - LOVE Zeke.

Hey - anyone else think Michelle and the other dude with the long hair (Jay?) look like they are related? Also, I can completely understand where Michaela is coming from while not agreeing with the way she is handling herself. Seems like Figgy and Dopey are all over each other all of the time and that has GOT to get annoying.

PUSH

Yes - LOVE Zeke.

Hey - anyone else think Michelle and the other dude with the long hair (Jay?) look like they are related? Also, I can completely understand where Michaela is coming from while not agreeing with the way she is handling herself. Seems like Figgy and Dopey are all over each other all of the time and that has GOT to get annoying.
Now that you mention it, Michelle and Jay do look like they're related!

And I definitely agree with Michaela's opinions - those two have to get annoying - but I don't like Michaela. She seems bossy, and I think that's going to cost her, especially now that she helped put Figgy, Jay, Michelle and Taylor in a power position.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Now that you mention it, Michelle and Jay do look like they're related!

And I definitely agree with Michaela's opinions - those two have to get annoying - but I don't like Michaela. She seems bossy, and I think that's going to cost her, especially now that she helped put Figgy, Jay, Michelle and Taylor in a power position.

I can see Jay turning against them sometime soon...

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I don't trust Jay. I would trust Figgy more than him. Jay is going to be the one to play both sides, and that will either work out well, or bite him if he plays that card for too long.

I prefer him over Figgy and Taylor. He is definitely there to play.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom