Survivor: Ghost Island

PUSH

This was easy to predict when Chelsea got her first confessional of the merge. For Laurel and Donathan, it's really a lose-lose. Either they go to the final 5 with Dom, Wendell, and Sebastian, and likely don't make it to the final 3... or they go to the final 5 with Kellyn, Chelsea, and Angela, and likely don't make it to the final 3. And in order to gain any credit for the blindside of Wendell, they would have had to initiate it. The fact that the Naviti women came to them with the plan, now Donathan and Laurel aren't the ones driving the strategy. They are just the swing votes, and the swing votes never get credit.

I predict the final 3 as Dom, Wendell, and Sebastian.

Power rankings:
1. Sebastian - He's this season's Troyzan. Nonplayer who will get no votes in the end.
2. Angela - Not a massive threat.
3. Laurel - A bigger threat than people realize, but they also need her for the numbers.
4. Wendell - He is the lesser visible threat between him and Dom, and he has an idol.
5. Domenick - Arguably the biggest threat in the game, at least by appearances.
6. Donathan - His mouth and TC could cost him. He's getting confident and cocky.
7. Kellyn - The biggest threat to the majority alliance. She has only one strong ally left, and she has no connections to Donathan and Laurel.

PUSH

I just found out that Parvati is married to John Fincher from Samoa... how did I not know this before?! And then I found out that they are having a baby together! How did I not know this?!

Happy for them, but also makes me kind of sad because it now might be less likely that Parvati would ever come back for another time, whether it's a winners season or not.

PUSH

Chelsea's Ponderosa video really has me wondering what she did to deserve the purple edit. She seems like a well-spoken, smart person. I guess she just fell in a predictable boot between some bigger players??

PUSH

I could see Kellyn going home the whole episode. Sad, because she's the only person I thought could upset Dom/Wendell. An off-chance, but possible.

Laurel will go down as one of the biggest goats ever. So many chances to make a smart move and blindside the top dogs, but she stayed loyal like a good puppy does. Honestly, the final 3 will come down to the fire making twist. Dom or Wendell is winning.

My final order predictions, with 1 being the winner:

1. Wendell: He's the perceived more likable guy out of the two, and they both equally pulled the strings the whole way.
2. Domenick: He needs to make it to the end to give Wendell a run for his money. Otherwise it's a no-brainer vote.
3. Laurel: The goat that nobody will respect in the end.
4. Angela: She'll make it past the final 5 because she's less of an immunity threat than Sebastian.
5. Sebastian: He's taken out before the final 4 because he's a bigger threat for immunity than Angela.
6. Donathan: He's the riskiest player left in the game for Dom and Wendell. He's the only one who is not a puppet or goat for the power duo.

PUSH

Also, they were getting so upset because Donathan was going off-the-charts. But the thing is... he was right about EVERYTHING! They just didn't like it because he was calling their bluffs. Yes, they talked about blindsiding him. No, they aren't going to take him to the final 3. Donathan could have played that better, but his reads were spot on.

Also, if you're Dom and Wendell and Donathan comes to you with concerns about going to the final 3 with them, REASSURE HIM!!! Don't just sit there and say nothing. Don't fold! Because now you've only confirmed his thoughts. Lie and tell him that you're still taking him. Especially when Wendell just said he's solid with you. But then as soon as Donathan questions it slightly, he isn't willing to tell him that they're still solid. BAD GAMEPLAY!

Wendy Pleakley

This feels like an old school season. For the most part, it has been a majority alliance controlling the game and voting people out, in a very straight forward manner.

It's ironic, considering to what degree the show has been throwing twists at the contestants. Multiple tribe swaps, Ghost Island, a seemingly endless string of advantages, and then almost none of them end up having an impact.

Is the final episode six contestants simply because it's going to be predictable, and there just wouldn't be enough drama to fill the two hours otherwise? It wouldn't surprise me, and it seems inevitable it's going to come down to Wendell and Domenick.

PUSH

This feels like an old school season. For the most part, it has been a majority alliance controlling the game and voting people out, in a very straight forward manner.

It's ironic, considering to what degree the show has been throwing twists at the contestants. Multiple tribe swaps, Ghost Island, a seemingly endless string of advantages, and then almost none of them end up having an impact.

Is the final episode six contestants simply because it's going to be predictable, and there just wouldn't be enough drama to fill the two hours otherwise? It wouldn't surprise me, and it seems inevitable it's going to come down to Wendell and Domenick.
Recently 20 person seasons have gone to a final 6. 18 person seasons have been 5 people in the finale. So that's pretty standard.

I think the consensus is Domenick and Wendell will take someone (likely Laurel) to the end, and it will come down to the two guys fighting for votes. If it's any different (aside from them taking a different person to the final 3), it's going to be so obvious that final TC won't be worth watching. And producers know they need at least an off-chance of somebody else winning at the final TC. For example, even though we all knew Sarah would win in Game Changers, there was another option in Brad.

I liked the pre-merge this season, although most said it was boring. What made the pre-merge was the cast. So many likable people with great edits: Stephanie, Brendon, Morgan, and even Bradley was entertaining. But the good, interesting characters went away early, leaving us with lesser players. There was nobody besides Kellyn who I was invested in. Truly good seasons have at 2, 3, or 4 characters post-merge that I can feel invested in. Whether that's rooting for or hating. Like Cagayan had Spencer and Tasha who I was heavily rooting for and Tony and Kass who I was heavily rooting against.

PUSH

Holy poop!

Pretty blah season, but I've never been so giddy and I've only had my jaw drop a couple of times in Survivor. This was unprecedented and I loved it. I think the editors had to play up how predictable this final 3 was in order to effectively make this a fantastic moment. I liked the premerge. The merge was awful, but arguably the best final TC ever.

When Jeff said he'd read the votes, my jaw literally dropped. I gave him a second to say "when we return to the US", but once he removed the lid I knew it was a tie and Laurel would vote for Wendell. I felt the energy of the final TC when he started to read the votes. I soooo wish I could have been there for that. Totally epic and historic moment. Jeff played it perfectly. The super fan in me is still freaking out.

Wendy Pleakley

Why didn't I see this coming? There was a reason they made a point of explaining what happens in the event of a tie last season.*

*correction, it was a previous season, before Ghost Island was filmed.

I think Domenick deserved to win a little bit more, but the tie vote was very much deserved. Wendell giving his idol to Lauren seemed like a symbolic gesture only, but it just goes to show how one little move can change the outcome.

I think Domenick was playing to the camera a bit when he suggested he might give up final immunity. Of course he wasn't going to, but he knew the season was playing out in a very straight forward fashion and he gave the producers some ammo for the editing bay. This whole episode and season, they really had to work overtime to distract from a lot of foregone conclusions.

The jury was pretty fair, but still a bit fixated on the emotional aspect, namely being upset at Domenick's grandstanding. This is always the story of Survivor, you have to be conscious of that. He let his body language and facial expressions during final tribal convey annoyance.

Overall, an oddly old school season despite an endless supply of twists, with an interesting and entertaining finale that exceeded expectations given how the season played out.

Last edited:

SAV

I was on Team Dom, but Wendell and he both deserved it equally. I also knew once it went to Yanny, that it was Wendell's win.

I am also fed up with the Post Game show. It seems like such a waste now. They barely talk to anyone and now they add in a commercial for the other shows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom