Survivor! David vs. Goliath

PUSH

What’s great about this season is there are 7 people left and 6 people have a case to win the game (Angela is the only one with no chance of winning).
I'd be shocked if Angelina or Mike won, but I could see Mike making a case. I also think Kara has been a dark horse for quite a while. She has a very good social game. She could win by playing Michele Fitzgerald's type of game. Although I think Kara is more strategic. I would not mind seeing her play again.

artvandelay

I'd be shocked if Angelina or Mike won, but I could see Mike making a case. I also think Kara has been a dark horse for quite a while. She has a very good social game. She could win by playing Michele Fitzgerald's type of game. Although I think Kara is more strategic. I would not mind seeing her play again.
I wouldn’t mind this entire cast just reracking and playing again next season. The return of Napalm Natalie!

PUSH

I feel like Christian going home is a huge blow to this season, even if it's with only one episode to go. I felt like this would have for sure been a top 5 season with him as the winner. I just don't know if any of these other players can be as great of a winner as Christian would have been. I see the appeal for Davie, but I haven't been that high on him. Nick peaked early, but he hasn't done a lot as of late. Alison has not done much to warrant a win. Mike has bailed on 90% of his plans. Angelina would be a terrible winner. Kara is a dark horse. Everyone goes to her with information, and she's sneakily been behind the scenes and on the right side of several votes. I think this is how it plays out as to who should win (IMO) if they get to the end.

1. Nick
2. Davie
3. Kara
4. Alison
5. Angelina
6. Mike

Really the top 4 I could accept as a winner, although I can't say any of them would be a great winner at this point. Nick, possibly, with a strong finish.

Wendy Pleakley

I was expecting Christian to go home. I did not buy the whole "everybody is a target" in the preview from last week.

There's no way that these players who had identified him as the biggest threat to win would do a sudden 180 turn.

This is why I don't worry about "spoilers" from the previews, they're generally misleading.

artvandelay

I was expecting Christian to go home. I did not buy the whole "everybody is a target" in the preview from last week.

There's no way that these players who had identified him as the biggest threat to win would do a sudden 180 turn.

This is why I don't worry about "spoilers" from the previews, they're generally misleading.
Listening to Christian’s exit press he didn’t think he was going home that tribal. He thought he had pulled it off.

SAV

Original Poster
Tonight's the Night...Finale time!! I'll probably be watching it on DVR later tonight after everyone goes to sleep so I can focus and not be interrupted.

SAV

Original Poster
Very Deserving winner. Played a fantastic game. He went on a challenge win streak when he needed to. Brought the right people with to the final 3. Said the right things at the final Tribal.

I can't believe how bad Kara was at the fire challenge when during practice, she was "on fire". She got it started so quickly.

I'm glad Angelina didn't get any votes. She was very spiteful with her little fake idol plan. Didn't play a good game and was lucky to be brought along.

I didn't like how they cut the Reunion so short by having the final Tribal during that time. It's already short enough and then cut another 10-15 from it.

Wendy Pleakley

Overall, a satisfying conclusion to a really good season.

As short as it was, at least the reunion was good. Jeff actually spoke to the contestants instead of the usual pointless tangents.

I really wish they'd re-think that final fire building challenge. Building a small fire isn't that tough. It basically comes down to who gets a flame going first, so it feels more like luck than skill is at play.

Was that the least bitter jury ever? Refreshing to see.

Nick deserved the win. Made some smart moves, dominated challenges when he needed to, and did well at the final tribal council.

The finale felt a little bit flat, in that the season had some big, surprising moments, and this episode played out in a very straight forward manner. The moments people are talking about the most online are: drunk Mike, and Angelina using an 8-foot ladder to climb a 4-foot rock segment.

I thought they weren't going to do another season where they throw in a few remaining players? It wasn't well received before, as the returning players have the unfair advantage of past experience. Hence Rob winning his season.

PUSH

I enjoyed the finale, but wasn't blown away by it. Angelina was hilarious, and I've actually developed a liking toward her because she's so ridiculous and over the top. Good villain, great character, and no self awareness. She's good for a laugh. Mike with wine was hilarious.

No major strategic shifts, but I think that's okay because they played smart. Nick played smart, which I'd always rather have in a winner than someone making moves just to make moves, even if they're dumb for their game.

They've been cutting back on the reunion and using that time for final TC the past couple seasons. I would rather have more showings of the game itself than the reunion, but this reunion was very nicely done. I think overall Survivor took a lot of approaches this season that fans have been asking for, rather than going over the top with crazy twists and ideas. I did not feel overwhelmed by unnecessary theatrics like in almost every season since Koah Rong. I think it also helped that the advantages were spread out and played in an intelligent way.

I think Nick very much deserved this win. He fell off as the season went on a bit, but he was the person who built in his own room for error. He had so many connections that he could afford to be out of the loop once or twice.

I've wanted to see Kelley Wentworth and Aubry again, but I feel like it's too soon for an Aubry return. I'm okay with David coming back. Joe has already played one too many times for my liking. What I don't want to see is them take on newbies. The only time we've had a halfway decent season with that approach is in the Philippines, which I have a lot lower on my rankings than most viewers. Either do half and half, or all newbie, all returnees. Not 4 returnees and 16ish newbies. I hate that. It's so clearly a way to get a few faces to return and do well.

We shall see. But this season was FANTASTIC. I think the fact that Christian did not win puts this behind Cagayan in the rankings of newbie season, but it's in a solid 2nd place in that category. I'd have it #5 all-time if I had to choose.

artvandelay

A great season, with a deserving winner. It was either Brett LaBelle or Dominic Abbate who brought up a great point about the final 4 fire challenge. With that winner going to the final 3, you probably won’t get a 10-0 final tribal ever again. You’ll have at least 2 legitimate winner threats at the end.

Also wanted to say Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year to all of you. It’s great to be able to chat with other Survivor fans.

PUSH

A great season, with a deserving winner. It was either Brett LaBelle or Dominic Abbate who brought up a great point about the final 4 fire challenge. With that winner going to the final 3, you probably won’t get a 10-0 final tribal ever again. You’ll have at least 2 legitimate winner threats at the end.

Also wanted to say Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year to all of you. It’s great to be able to chat with other Survivor fans.
I think the final 4 fire making will either be hit or miss entertainment-wise. The first two times it had some excitement to it, but this season it was kind of dull because I think everyone knew Nick would beat either Mike or Kara. I think it will be here to stay for a few more seasons at least, but I think it could get old pretty quickly, and they might have to come up with something new. I'm not a huge fan of it. Honestly, making fire is much less exciting when you know it's coming. When it's because of a vote, it's much more entertaining, such as in Worlds Apart.

Also, I wish they would go back to having the final immunity challenge be an endurance challenge. It's less about skill/talent and more about will power. I'm tired of this ball in the tracks challenge. And these giant mazes and structures. I want to see they battle it out through uncomfortable conditions. But I also am a huge fan of endurance challenges. My favorites are the ones where they have to hang onto a pole, hold their hand above their head with a bucket of water chained to their wrist, etc.

DinoInstitute

I think the final 4 fire making will either be hit or miss entertainment-wise. The first two times it had some excitement to it, but this season it was kind of dull because I think everyone knew Nick would beat either Mike or Kara. I think it will be here to stay for a few more seasons at least, but I think it could get old pretty quickly, and they might have to come up with something new. I'm not a huge fan of it. Honestly, making fire is much less exciting when you know it's coming. When it's because of a vote, it's much more entertaining, such as in Worlds Apart.

Also, I wish they would go back to having the final immunity challenge be an endurance challenge. It's less about skill/talent and more about will power. I'm tired of this ball in the tracks challenge. And these giant mazes and structures. I want to see they battle it out through uncomfortable conditions. But I also am a huge fan of endurance challenges. My favorites are the ones where they have to hang onto a pole, hold their hand above their head with a bucket of water chained to their wrist, etc.
I kind of get why they don’t do the really long endurance challenges anymore, it takes a very long time to watch through the footage and edit them together. I read in an interview earlier this season that the Alec vs Christian endurance challenge this season forced the editors to dedicate a whole extra week just to producing that one challenge :p

But if they can’t do a classic endurance one like they used to, I’d much prefer to see something more elaborate and exciting with a big set. Though the Simmotion challenge that they used this season I do like, the other two times they used it in Tocantines and Cambodia were pretty memorable.

artvandelay

I’m not a fan of the fire challenge or the final 3. I’d love to see it go back to a final 2.

PUSH

I’m not a fan of the fire challenge or the final 3. I’d love to see it go back to a final 2.
I like the final 3 over the final 2 because there's a bigger chance for there to be some sort of mystery as to who wins. A final 2 makes it pretty easy to tell most times. Imagine Cagayan had Woo made a smart choice and taken Kass. Possibly one of the weakest final tribals ever.

artvandelay

I like the final 3 over the final 2 because there's a bigger chance for there to be some sort of mystery as to who wins. A final 2 makes it pretty easy to tell most times. Imagine Cagayan had Woo made a smart choice and taken Kass. Possibly one of the weakest final tribals ever.
True, but I liked that the winner of the final challenge got the power to pick who sat next to them. Woo picking Tony instead of Kass was crazy, but it’s a moment that every Survivor fan remembers.

And, like you, I like the grueling physical challenges at final 3.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom