Survey crews on the Streets of America

Next Big Thing

And he said no to ever selling the rights. Why would they give them up? They get free advertising from all the movies Disney is releasing. GOTG is the only exception to this. Also BH6.
Disney loses GOTG to Uni the second they appear on-screen with The Avengers in Infinity Wars, too.

Next Big Thing

We don't know this for sure.
I'm fairly certain the contract dictates that. Universal has the rights to Avenger characters and the Guardians will officially become a part of The Avengers in Infinity Wars. Also, the GOTG have already appeared with The Avengers in the comics.

The only way I see rights staying with Disney is if they strike a deal. Even if they can use GOTG now, they seem awful apprehensive... You would think a daily M&G would be in place if not. The only time M&Gs have happened have been for private events on 2-3 occasions.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm fairly certain the contract dictates that. Universal has the rights to Avenger characters and the Guardians will officially become a part of The Avengers in Infinity Wars. Also, the GOTG have already appeared with The Avengers in the comics.

The only way I see rights staying with Disney is if they strike a deal. Even if they can use GOTG now, they seem awful apprehensive... You would think a daily M&G would be in place if not. The only time M&Gs have happened have been for private events on 2-3 occasions.

It's not that straight forward. I don't want to muddy up this thread with it, but it has been discussed over in the Marvel coming to WDW thread. There was even some discussion of this point today.

deere839

Was at DHS yesterday nothing going on for SOA just has a ton of leafs on it but looks like Backlot tour has its doors open again and the lights are on for the restaurant next to it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom