Trip Report Surprise! We went to Disneyland Paris!

238589AC-FA47-41BC-9255-32CA8E3AF1F8.jpeg

amjt660

Premium Member
The outside of Hyperspace Mountain has absolutely nothing to do with the inside 😂😂😂 Not complaining as the steampunk look is really cool and unique, but if I didn’t already know it was going to be a Star Wars themed ride I would have no idea based on the outside 🤣
Hyperspace is an add on after the fact - I have ridden it in Cali and Hong Kong - basically they add the pre show stuff and the on ride images but they do not do a lot for the outside of the ride because Hyper Space is normally just a temporary thing

Here is a few shots from Hong Kong where they at least added the x wing in the outside queue

Max
0632C019-F2E7-41F3-8C07-805E1228C1FE.jpeg
638FCFCA-D418-486A-BF7F-75DDF49D0228.jpeg
D74A79D1-CBC2-4976-B7FD-E6DA127079BB.jpeg

According to this webpage the original theme of the ride was based on a Jules Verne book.

1674050987486.png

Max

bee

Original Poster
And finally we got to ride Spider-Man WEB! There is a long preshow where Tom Holland appears as Peter Parker. The voice actor who recorded the French dialogue sounds soooo much like him! I’m guessing he filmed the scene while speaking French because his mouth matched the spoken French but then it was dubbed over with the French audio.

2A05884A-0CAD-47FB-AA04-808E7C4230F5.jpeg
EF39E915-3972-4462-A924-28ED0E168F57.jpeg

EA2CD8AD-7A0E-42E0-AFD3-DCACCE8F453A.jpeg

F9883117-4DCA-4AB1-ACC3-DBCBC2A0A89D.jpeg
6121D81F-0D6D-4750-8F10-7F3FC2D80038.jpeg
213C0B79-F073-4EDF-85E3-DDEB5C5FC91D.jpeg

The ride is kind of like Buzz or TSMM but you use your hands instead of touching some kind of control. Which I appreciate in the age of Covid! I don’t know how but I won for our car. I never win these things!

Around 6:00 we decided we had done everything we wanted to do. We had originally planned to stay until 8:00 but we were tired and cold and wet, and wanted to beat the crowds to the train. We stopped in a couple of stores in Disney Village (Downtown Disney/Disney Spring analogue) and bought a DLParis magnet for M’s parents.

Back in the train station we bought some sandwiches from Prêt a manger and took the 18:13 train back to Paris.

More thoughts in the next post…

Attachments

• 81B082F0-8F5C-4ACE-B571-E4FEC4548DF9.jpeg
    81B082F0-8F5C-4ACE-B571-E4FEC4548DF9.jpeg
    74.7 KB · Views: 39

bee

Original Poster
We were really glad to get to visit Disneyland Paris as part of our vacation! What Disney fan can be within an hour of a Disney park and not visit? 🤣

We had considered booking a couple of nights at a hotel closer to the parks at the end of our trip, but in hindsight I am glad we only did one day. Since it was off-season the crowds were light (despite how Main Street looked [btw we figured out it was so crowded because a parade was just finishing]) but a lot of things were closed. That meant we did nearly everything we wanted to do in about eight hours.

If you are planning to go during summer or another peak time when lines will be longer I’d say two or three days is plenty. Walt Disney Studios is SO. SMALL. And not like small and dense like OG Disneyland. Just small. There is more to do in the castle park but still not multiple days’ worth IMO. I’m sure others will disagree and recommend more days.

It was quick and easy to take the RER line A train from Paris. The tickets were 5€ each way (20€ total RT for both of us). It was a little tricky buying the tickets and then finding where to get on the train since some train stations house the Métro, RER, and large trains for inter-city or international travel. Luckily we scoped out the station the day before we planned to go, so it was easy the morning of.

If you only speak English and are worried about the language, don’t be! Although M and I speak basic/limited French we were able to understand the important stuff (how many people in your party, row number, pull the lap bar down, etc.). But pretty much any time someone told the CM the number in their party the CM automatically said the number in both French and English. I would guess most CMs are at least somewhat proficient in English and you are never more than like ten feet from one who is fluent. Safety instructions are in both languages. In other words, don’t worry about not speaking French!

If anyone has questions about the experience feel free to leave them here!

bee

Original Poster
Let’s just get this out of the way,
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT RAIN!
Been following your adventures on IG. Looks fun! And cold.
🤣 Cold Disney>Hot Disney (Unpopular opinion? Probably!)

Ohhh! So excited!
😊

@bee , happy to read another TR from you (it's been a while since your last one). I don't know much about Disneyland Paris, so this is fun following along, with yours and M's vacation experiences and photos. :)
Thanks for following!

Very excited to see your report and postings on Instagram. I'll be going in June to DLP & Paris so I'm eager to see things to get excited for my trip.
How exciting! You’ll have a wonderful time!

Yay! Glad you’re back and doing well.
I think I like the look of the DLP castle looks the best. Hope it looks just as impressive in person.
It’s very cute and unique in person as well!

This is so fun to see, thanks for sharing!!
You’re welcome!

Thank you for sharing
You’re welcome!

Was really shocked to see how crowded Main Street was (though I tend to take the arcade on the left side and then take less traveled paths towards BTMRR and Phantom Manor when I get inside the park.) I was also surprised you said there were lots of strollers as I usually don’t see that many when I am there.

Looks like you had a great time and I hope you both have been enjoying Paris as well.
We were surprised by the MS crowds as well. Turns out a parade was just ending so it cleared up soon after.

I have not seen a trip report like this of Disney Paris and your photos are sure making me want to take the trip! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this!
You’re welcome!

@bee , from your photos -- that is a visually beautiful park in Paris. I especially liked the creative metal sculptures, of various Disney characters. (Never seen those before anywhere.)
It really is beautiful! Oh and I forgot to mention, the sculptures spin in time to the music during parades!

Hyperspace is an add on after the fact - I have ridden it in Cali and Hong Kong - basically they add the pre show stuff and the on ride images but they do not do a lot for the outside of the ride because Hyper Space is normally just a temporary thing

Here is a few shots from Hong Kong where they at least added the x wing in the outside queue

MaxView attachment 693108View attachment 693109View attachment 693110

According to this webpage the original theme of the ride was based on a Jules Verne book.

View attachment 693111

Max
I remember watching a YouTube video about the history of the ride but don’t remember much. Time to rewatch!

Lucky you! There is so much history regarding DLP!
Lucky us indeed! 😊

Swissmiss

Premium Member
My sister and I are both looking forward to this!

The great thing is that the upcharge for the souvenir cup really isn’t that much and they are good quality but not glass so they transport easily. We now have 4 (my friend didn’t want to keep hers when we went in September and my DD and I got a glass during our December trip - thank you country with a lower drinking age 😉)

Laurenciaa

Seeing your TR honestly.. does not make me miss DLP in the slightest.. did not renew my annual pass after one too many crowded experiences and downright arrogant European tourists who smoke/eat/.. whenever they please. I’am having Disney blues for sure but will be saving my euro’s for another more memorable trip to WDW in 2024.

Your final thoughts are indeed correct Studios is too small with slim pickings on the attractions and for me only BTMRR and PoTC could maybe lure me back into a day of DLP non-peak season!

Thanks anyway for your TR!! And sorry about the weather haha :D

bee

Original Poster
Seeing your TR honestly.. does not make me miss DLP in the slightest.. did not renew my annual pass after one too many crowded experiences and downright arrogant European tourists who smoke/eat/.. whenever they please. I’am having Disney blues for sure but will be saving my euro’s for another more memorable trip to WDW in 2024.

Your final thoughts are indeed correct Studios is too small with slim pickings on the attractions and for me only BTMRR and PoTC could maybe lure me back into a day of DLP non-peak season!

Thanks anyway for your TR!! And sorry about the weather haha :D
Glad to know others feel the same way! As an ex-Floridian WDW will always be nostalgic for me, and I enjoyed OG DL and the Tokyo parks enough that I can see myself returning. While I am quite glad we got to go to DLP and I did enjoy our day there, I’m in no rush to get back.

And once the initial shock of the cold and rain wore off (and once I accepted that my sneakers were just going to be wet the entire day [should have worn boots!]) the weather wasn’t really that bad! To be fair this is coming from someone who gets hot easily and HATES being hot and would rather be a little cold than a little hot any day.

Sandurz

The weather really does look miserable with the rain and all, but glad to hear it really wasn't that bad! Cold Disney is definitely better than Hot Disney, it's true!

DLP definitely has its negatives (the food, mostly, was not surprised to hear that your Hyperion burger was bad lol) but for any Parks fans who find themselves near Paris, I would never recommend skipping it and I'm glad to not see that extreme of an opinion in this thread. I almost did, just because of some of the things people would say back in the day, but it's got a lot of nice things to offer, including the best versions of some classics! If you're a Pirates fan, their version is a must see. If you're a Mansion fan, their version is a must see. If you're a Big Thunder fan, their version is a must see.

I think I visited at a good time of year, mid-September (2019), where the weather was nice and the crowds were manageable, and we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel, right off the lobby, so our room was all of 40 steps from the turnstiles– there was a lot going in our favor. And we had such a nice time overall that we stopped by again on a whim, two weeks later, on our way back through Paris.

Tiki Traveler

Thank you for all the wonderful pictures! I especially enjoyed the dragon in the castle, Paris version Haunted Mansion, and Nautilus (20,000 Leagues). I love France but have never been to DLP hopefully someday! Thanks again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom