Surprise WDW Wedding

DisneyMarg

WONDERFUL post! Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us all about it! I have forwarded this link to my sisters. They will love it. But I did not send to my daughter. Don't want her getting any ideas - unless she can afford it herself like you!

My favorite parts are that you picked out different resorts for the guests, they didn't know who else was there, and, for some reason, those ice slippers really impressed me. Wow.

captcanada

That has got to be the greatest wedding story I have ever heard!
Truely magical. Wow. Seriously....wow!
The fact that you were able to pull this off, wanted to pull this off, and made something so truely amazing as this, says a lot about the love you two share for each other. Which, in my oppinion, is truely magical by itself.
This is one of those moments that could be turned into a huge blockbuster movie that women for decades would watch over and over again, and tear up every time.
(You also set an impossibly high standard for all us guys out there to try to match when our time comes. I don't see how this could be topped....but it sure would be fun trying ;-)
Thank you for sharing this moment with us.

UKHelen

WOW
Can't think how to put in words how fantastic this sounded and how the photos looked so again
WOW
Many, many congratulations!!!:D

NitroStitch

:cry: Oh, how romantic and wonderful! I'm a mushy mess. :eek: Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful story and photos with us. I'm amazed that you were able to think of such wonderful details and pull the whole surprise off.

Congratulations to the two of you! What a beautiful start to your marriage!

Laura

Premium Member
Wow that story was AWESOME. I can't even imagine the emotions as the family members each got on the bus and learned the surprise! *wipes tears*

WeLuvDisney

SO I am sitting here at work crying. Am I a nutt or what.
What a beautiful story. You sound so happy and your wedding truly was a fairytale. Dreams do come true. I am so happy for you too.
Do you have any pictures of your wife telling her sister on the balcony??

Teenchy

Original Poster
Do you have any pictures of your wife telling her sister on the balcony??

Yes I do but I have not had the chance to download all of our photos since we returned, still trying to consoldate 2 houses! But I will post some of those as well when I get a chance.

Teenchy

Original Poster
Wow that story was AWESOME. I can't even imagine the emotions as the family members each got on the bus and learned the surprise! *wipes tears*

Thanks, I love your Avatar, big Nationals fan/ season ticket holder, opening day right around the corner...although I think we are going to be pretty bad.:cry:

Thanks to all who have responded, we not only had the wedding of a lifetime we have had such a great time sharing it with others who were not there. We received our "proof" pictures (waiting for the official album) and our incredible video....it really has brought the Disney magic to all that have seen it!

Teenchy

Original Poster
Just one other quick update. We received 2 annual passes from Disney in the mail last week as a Thank You/gift for having our Fairytale Wedding.
Wow was that a nice surprise. We will wait for our others to run out this year and then activate these new passes. :sohappy:

WWallaceII

:D

That is a truly stunning, and magical, wedding. I wish you and your wife the very best of futures.

I get married next year, and we had priced a Disney wedding, but as you can imagine getting the family across from Scotland + the price of the wedding was just a little too much:cry:

But the honeymoon may still be there, so hopefully we can experience even the smallest piece of what you had if we do!

Honor

I'm in tears

This was spectacular. I hope nobody comes into my office right now because I'm blowing my nose and tears are leaking out of my eyes.

(I'm on my lunch hour so it's ok that I'm surfing).

pirate-princess

sorry this post is so late but i only joined a week ago and saw your link under your name

OMG!!!! that looked so magical - dream come true for you! i have seen the carriage a few times at polynesian but wow it looks so good!

a wedding never to forget

oh and late congrats to you both!

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
:cry::cry:

That's so beautiful!!!!! I want the Castle-cake when I get married.

Since no one else has asked...I must...how much did it all cost?

I know I was looking at Disney weddings and Cinderella's Coach alone is like $2700.

ImaYoyo

How was the team? Was Bill very responsive? Was he able to take care of all of your needs and provide helpful suggestions? On a scale of 1 to 10, what would you rate him?

hcswingfield

This is all such a beautiful, romantic story! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who got misty eyed while reading it! Thanks for letting us share in the magic by posting such a great report.

Teenchy

Original Poster
How was the team? Was Bill very responsive? Was he able to take care of all of your needs and provide helpful suggestions? On a scale of 1 to 10, what would you rate him?

The entire team was incredible. From our wedding coordinators all the way to the D.J. and photographers. I don't think things could have been much better. Bill and the entire team were very helpful. He suggested our reception location, which we had never considered, but it was perfect for our size and one of our coordinators helped us with the idea of our English Butler riding the bus and reading the poem and revealing the surprise.
I think like I have said before with so much at their fingertips, if you can dream it (and afford it:animwink: ) they can do it. And with all their experience they can help you create things you really only would have dreamed of.

Teenchy

Original Poster
:cry::cry:

That's so beautiful!!!!! I want the Castle-cake when I get married.

Since no one else has asked...I must...how much did it all cost?

I know I was looking at Disney weddings and Cinderella's Coach alone is like $2700.

I don't feel comfortable giving an exact figure, but I will say this....you read everywhere that the average wedding cost about $25,000 these days....well we passed that figure. (not to mention covering everyones rooms for their stay) I feel very lucky and blessed to have the ability to have such a special event. Were pretty conservative in some ways (until 2 years ago my wife drove the same car for 12 years!) but obviously not completely frugile...considering the blow out wedding LOL.

One reason we were able to have such an elaborate wedding was we spent what many people spend on a wedding in this day and age, the difference is most people who spend that much, it covers like 100+ people, we had about 40 people and still spent that much :lol: . But we had been thinking about a more intimate mostly family wedding anyways.

I can only say that anyone who loves WDW and I think you do if your reading this!, If you are thinking about getting married, WDW is the place to do it. Even if you can only afford a smaller intimate wedding and spend the minimum amount, I cant think of a more magical place to make those memories.
We still pop in the video every 3-4 weeks and goosebumps and tears still flow...especially the revealing of the surprise.

Thanks again to all for the continued well wishes.:)

BrittanyRose428

awww thats so sweet, one of my dreams is to get married at disney, i hope it comes true, and by the way the brides dress was absolutely gorgeous =]]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom