Surprise trip

CLandrum

My friend and I are taking our kids to WDW May 1st. Here is the kicker we are not telling them that we are going. This is my daughters 4th trip to WDW but my friends son has never been. We are going to pick them up from school that Friday and head straight to the airport with out a word. My question is does anyone have any tips or advice to make this more fun? I know other people have done this so please let me know what you think. Oh incase you need to know my daughter is 8 and my friends son is 9.:wave:

coltow

We are actually doing this tomorrow. DS, 4, doesn't know we are going tomorrow. We've talked about the next time we go and where we'd stay, but that's it. We are going to celebrate his birthday (a few days early) while we are there too.

We are picking him up from pre-k at 11am, our flight is at 2pm. We are going to have our airport ride at our house when he gets home. I've had family members take him on errands this weekend so I could pack. So far so good.

Upvote 0

CLandrum

Original Poster
Happy birthday to your son. You will have to get back to me after your trip and let me know how it went and if you have any tips from stuff that you learned. Have a great trip.

Upvote 0

Cubs Brian

We are doing that for a Surprise Christmas present for our 2 sons. We're leaving on Jan 1st at 4:00am to drive down.On New Years Eve the kids want to stay up till midnight and that's okay. I'll be sleeping by 8:30pm. Let them tire themselves out. Then in morning my wife and I will run screaming into their room that it's time to get up and go on a vacation. We'll see how long it takes for them to figure it out.:ROFLOL:Then the 2nd part of their surprise will be 2 days later when their Grandparents show up in the room next to ours. So far so good. We've been planning this trip for over 10 months.:lookaroun:lookaroun

Upvote 0

heliumalias

My parents did the surprise trip thing with me when I was 11. I'd just had some major exams (evil UK schools!) and they picked me up in the car and just drove really casually. Eventually, I realized that we'd been in the car waaaaay too long and asked where we were going and they said Disneyland Paris. It was awesome. One of the best surprises ever.

Upvote 0

smk

I wish I was a kid again and someone would "suprise" me with a trip to WDW! What great parents your kids have, I am up for adoption too by the way :lookaroun..... already college educated and have a steady job....let me know! :p

Have fun on all your trips to all who are going soon! :wave:

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

We kept this trip a secret from the kdis (ages 7 & 9) until Thanksgiving day. We debated not telling them until we were on our way to the airport, but decided to give them a couple weeks to be excited about it. I had one of my Christmas trees up, and when they came over for dinner, there was package from Mickey under the tree with the Birnbaum's WDW Guide for Kids, along with a couple T-shirts and pin lanyards. It didn't take them long to figure out what was going on!

Upvote 0

Gig 'Em Mickey

We are doing the same thing. My 4 yr old son does not know we're going. We keep sort of talking about next time we go and how we have to save money and stuff. He's been finding loose change and putting it in a jar. We're leaving the house at 2 am Sunday morning for the airport and will be in out hotel by 11 his time, and hopefully in a park by 1230. Also celebrating his birthday there.

Upvote 0

dove_

How exciting!!

The only time I was picked up from school with a surprise trip somewhere was going on a 9hr drive to the upper peninsula. Yay. I remember throwing a huge fit because I was in middle school and my mom had forgotten to bring my Harry Potter book so I'd have something to do :brick:.

Disney is a MUCH better surprise! :D have fun! I can't wait til I have kids and I can do this to them!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom