Surprise! Red Tier Now Begins Sunday; Downtown Disney Restaurants???

Stevek

View attachment 536659
Here is the tweet again
I'll believe it when I see it. For the NHL, AZ, FLA, DAL, TB, NSH, STL, CBJ, VGK, BOS, NYR, NYI, BUF, NJ, CAR, PIT and adding PHI would make 16 with arenas that have agreed to allow fans. Vegas started allowing fans yesterday, AZ has been allowing fans for quite a while. It is my understanding that Los Angeles Kings has no plans to allow fans into arenas until next season regardless of any state changes. I have not heard anything about Anaheim Ducks though.

denyuntilcaught

Has that been the metric though? Closed to indoor dining until X number are vaccinated?

Clearly your family doesn't own a restaurant. These people are dying economically.

I predict the restaurants will be opened. Many have been operating in defiance of the rules. And you can't have rules only for those who will follow them. You need to crack down and forcefully close them, or you need to loosen up the rules.

Whether or not my family owns a restaurant - or any business - is a moot point.

Open indoor dining = increased rate of transmission (unless the restaurant has superb ventilation.) That's basic science. Now note that I am fully supportive of restaurants having robust outdoor operations, and I've been constantly sympathetic to the livelihoods of the owners, but if we want to get out of this thing we have to follow the real science here. Not the arbitrary metrics that TP2000 parodies all-too-well, but the basics - keep people from congregating en masse indoors until more people are protected. It's a careful nuance we have to play here, and frankly, we only need to hold out just a bit longer.

Stevek

Anaheim will conform with what the state allows, as soon as possible. Same with the Angels, and concerts and other events at the Honda Center.
Interesting. My buddy has close connections with the Kings which is where I heard they have no plans to allow any fans this season, even if the state allows it. Wonder if that will change given the number of teams that are now allowing. I wonder if it's just a matter of AEG not wanting to deal with concessions, security, etc...can they make money by opening those up with a limited number of fans in attendance? Time will tell.

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Interesting. My buddy has close connections with the Kings which is where I heard they have no plans to allow any fans this season, even if the state allows it. Wonder if that will change given the number of teams that are now allowing. I wonder if it's just a matter of AEG not wanting to deal with concessions, security, etc...can they make money by opening those up with a limited number of fans in attendance? Time will tell.
This Ducks season ticket holder does not want to attend any games this year due to his team blowing chunks and also wanting to save money on gas and food.

Darkbeer1

What I found interesting is that the Samueli's moving the San Diego Gulls to Five Point in Irvine for home games. Was in San Diego for my BD, turned on the TV (FOX 5) and watched part of the game being played. Of course, the Ice Surface and Dashers had San Diego Ads, but only 8 rows of seats.

For decades, AEG has managed the former San Diego Sports Arena, but in 2019, the city (landlord) picked the Samueli's "Anaheim Arena Management" to take over. But legal issues has prevented the switchover, so the Gulls moved up north. It is also an easier scouting trip!

But Honda Center is owned by the City, with the team having the long term lease to run all events at the Honda Center.

GimpYancIent

Whether or not my family owns a restaurant - or any business - is a moot point.

Open indoor dining = increased rate of transmission (unless the restaurant has superb ventilation.) That's basic science. Now note that I am fully supportive of restaurants having robust outdoor operations, and I've been constantly sympathetic to the livelihoods of the owners, but if we want to get out of this thing we have to follow the real science here. Not the arbitrary metrics that TP2000 parodies all-too-well, but the basics - keep people from congregating en masse indoors until more people are protected. It's a careful nuance we have to play here, and frankly, we only need to hold out just a bit longer.
Sure, if you insist. The science? Like example setters, say, Gov Gav?

Stevek

This Ducks season ticket holder does not want to attend any games this year due to his team blowing chunks and also wanting to save money on gas and food.
We have seriously considered driving to AZ to see the Kings play one game in May. Not sure we'll pull the trigger though...may depend on if we've all got the vaccine by then.

Stevek

What I found interesting is that the Samueli's moving the San Diego Gulls to Five Point in Irvine for home games. Was in San Diego for my BD, turned on the TV (FOX 5) and watched part of the game being played. Of course, the Ice Surface and Dashers had San Diego Ads, but only 8 rows of seats.

For decades, AEG has managed the former San Diego Sports Arena, but in 2019, the city (landlord) picked the Samueli's "Anaheim Arena Management" to take over. But legal issues has prevented the switchover, so the Gulls moved up north. It is also an easier scouting trip!

But Honda Center is owned by the City, with the team having the long term lease to run all events at the Honda Center.
The Kings did the same thing with the Reign, moved all their games to the Kings practice facility in El Segundo. I think San Jose did the same thing. Vegas did not.

denyuntilcaught

Sure, if you insist. The science? Like example setters, say, Gov Gav?

No, like scientists. They still exist and have a pretty clear recommendation on indoor dining. Sacramento's arbitrary political approach to measurement doesn't negate that recommendation. What we can't let do is allow our political views completely eschew basic science.

Last edited:

castleparker

No, like scientists. They still exist and have a pretty clear recommendation on indoor dining. Sacramento's arbitrary political approach to measurement doesn't negate that recommendation. What we can't let do is allow our political views completely eschew basic science.
Yes, definitely. These are basic science principals that are just common sense. The problem is, however, the anti-science that has taken root in one specific party. Add to that their complete unwillingness to do anything asked of them by a government that they have been trained to see as illegitimate if headed by the wrong letter. This is how you get anti-mask and other similar sentiments. A combination of stubbornness and anti-science that is applauded in their social circles. This type of thinking was apparent in the last administration's laughably pathetic covid response that let to so many unnecessary deaths and the prolonging of the situation that continues to hurt the economy.

GimpYancIent

Yes, definitely. These are basic science principals that are just common sense. The problem is, however, the anti-science that has taken root in one specific party. Add to that their complete unwillingness to do anything asked of them by a government that they have been trained to see as illegitimate if headed by the wrong letter. This is how you get anti-mask and other similar sentiments. A combination of stubbornness and anti-science that is applauded in their social circles. This type of thinking was apparent in the last administration's laughably pathetic covid response that let to so many unnecessary deaths and the prolonging of the situation that continues to hurt the economy.
Cali is a perfect example!

TP2000

Original Poster
Now note that I am fully supportive of restaurants having robust outdoor operations, and I've been constantly sympathetic to the livelihoods of the owners, but if we want to get out of this thing we have to follow the real science here. Not the arbitrary metrics that TP2000 parodies all-too-well, but the basics - keep people from congregating en masse indoors until more people are protected. It's a careful nuance we have to play here, and frankly, we only need to hold out just a bit longer.

Arbitrary metrics? The actual metrics provided to us by state and county governments that I post here? Those are "arbitrary" to you? o_O

If the information from our state and county governments and used in major national media is "arbitrary", what metrics would you like me to post? What source are you using to decide that indoor dining is inherently dangerous? Because there has been no science or data provided in court that proves that is the case.

And as I suspected would happen in 2021, as more and more data pours in from government, the data shows that states that remained in lockdown (California) had no real difference than states that reopened eight months ago (Florida,)

March 2nd, 2021
California = 1,332 Deaths Per 1 Million (#29), 90,124 Confirmed Cases Per 1 Million, Confirmed Case Fatality Rate 1.48%
Florida = 1,450 Deaths Per 1 Million (#27), 89,306 Confirmed Cases Per 1 Million, Confirmed Case Fatality Rate 1.64%

TP2000

Original Poster
Has that been the metric though? Closed to indoor dining until X number are vaccinated?

No, that's never been a metric for any previous mandates. It's always been about case rates and positive testing rates. Then for about six weeks Sacramento added in ICU capacity in five super-regions, but that got cancelled suddenly. :rolleyes:

Clearly your family doesn't own a restaurant. These people are dying economically.

I predict the restaurants will be opened. Many have been operating in defiance of the rules. And you can't have rules only for those who will follow them. You need to crack down and forcefully close them, or you need to loosen up the rules.

I think the damage done to government credibility will be long lasting. The 10PM Curfew no one obeyed, the speakeasy hair appointments the entire state made in 2020, all the dive bars and dance clubs that reopened but pretend they are closed, and now we've got corporate restaurants bristling as their non-corporate competition opens up their dining rooms in open disobedience to Sacramento.

I was up in Oregon to visit family last November, and ultra-liberal Portland has just as many mandates and lockdown rules as LA or San Francisco. But the weather up there is much colder and rainier this time of year than SoCal, so you've got many restaurants in Oregon offering "Outdoor Dining" in structures like this; a sealed plastic bubble that is damp and not ventilated at all. I ate two meals in tents just like this in November. And somehow this is better than letting people eat indoors??? The mind boggles how this makes any sense. 🤣

260A3629.jpg

castleparker

I'm pretty confident a party that can't tell the difference between an X and a Y chromosome shouldn't be lecturing other parties about science.
I'm saying this as an independent. But it seems I have touched a nerve. Both parties have some serious flaws, but it is undeniable fact that this particular party is sliding further and further down an anti-truth and anti-science path. A path that has led to many things, but in the context of this thread, needless death as a direct result of an unchecked pandemic. If those in charge of this party before the admin change would have put together a competent covid strategy we would not be having this discussion would we?

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
No, that's never been a metric for any previous mandates. It's always been about case rates and positive testing rates. Then for about six weeks Sacramento added in ICU capacity in five super-regions, but that got cancelled suddenly. :rolleyes:

I think the damage done to government credibility will be long lasting. The 10PM Curfew no one obeyed, the speakeasy hair appointments the entire state made in 2020, all the dive bars and dance clubs that reopened but pretend they are closed, and now we've got corporate restaurants bristling as their non-corporate competition opens up their dining rooms in open disobedience to Sacramento.

I was up in Oregon to visit family last November, and ultra-liberal Portland has just as many mandates and lockdown rules as LA or San Francisco. But the weather up there is much colder and rainier this time of year than SoCal, so you've got many restaurants in Oregon offering "Outdoor Dining" in structures like this; a sealed plastic bubble that is damp and not ventilated at all. I ate two meals in tents just like this in November. And somehow this is better than letting people eat indoors??? The mind boggles how this makes any sense. 🤣

260A3629.jpg
These popped up all over Illinois also when I was up there. I just couldn't wrap my head around it.

TP2000

Original Poster
These popped up all over Illinois also when I was up there. I just couldn't wrap my head around it.

You see them here in OC as well at the corporate places that can't operated their indoor dining rooms. I saw a Red Robin that had a tent setup like this a few weeks ago on a chilly Saturday night, all sealed off on all sides and heated internally with gas-fired patio heaters. The plastic was steamed up because so many people were inside the bubble breathing and eating.

And where are the emergency exits for these bubble things? When an earthquake happens and sends 50 people running for the tent door, how does that work?

It makes absolutely no sense. Unless you work in Sacramento.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom