Surprise! Red Tier Now Begins Sunday; Downtown Disney Restaurants???

TP2000

Original Poster
I can't help but check to see if @TP2000 saw Gavin's bizarre desperate media appearance. Anyway, let me get back to the real world.

I saw it, and I loved it. 😍

Even though CNN's Jake Tapper refused to act like a 10th grade reporter working for his high school newspaper and follow up with a question and a challenge to a painfully incomplete answer from Newsom, at least it got out there. At least at CNN's low standards.

What I also enjoy is that The French Laundry dinner is STILL being discussed by even friendly reporters from CNN. Remember when we were told by posters here that The French Laundry was a non-story and no one cared? Apparently CNN still cares four months later. Also 2.1 Million petition signers in California care.

That indoor dinner of liars and lobbyists was the Wine Pairing Heard Round The World! 🤣

Will Newsom actually be recalled and replaced this fall? I doubt it. He'll survive. But now he won't go any further than Sacramento, and instead he and First Partner can suck up more Getty Oil money and go run a very hip winery in Napa. And that's enough for me. :)

ff37068aaaadebfbe12f8561eed5f109

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

Even though CNN's Jake Tapper refused to act like a 10th grade reporter working for his high school newspaper and follow up with a question and a challenge to a painfully incomplete answer from Newsom, at least it got out there. At least at CNN's low standards.

What I also enjoy is that The French Laundry dinner is STILL being discussed by even friendly reporters from CNN. Remember when we were told by posters here that The French Laundry was a non-story and no one cared? Apparently CNN still cares four months later. Also 2.1 Million petition signers in California care.

That indoor dinner of liars and lobbyists was the Wine Pairing Heard Round The World! 🤣

Will Newsom actually be recalled and replaced this fall? I doubt it. He'll survive. But now he won't go any further than Sacramento, and instead he and First Partner can suck up more Getty Oil money and go run a very hip winery in Napa. And that's enough for me. :)

He was also on The View yesterday, which I found interesting given... ABC/Disney.

milordsloth

I just saw this article on how (not) well California is doing with vaccine distribution:

CaptinEO

I think the restrictions were too much, but reopening everything at the same time also has me concerned. I'm amazed after all this time it wasn't spaced out a little bit more.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Man never ate a Dodger Dog in his life. Probably first time he has ever stepped foot in a baseball stadium.

Stevek

So has Downtown Disney discontinued caps to attendance i.e. no more wait to get in? I don't believe there are any shopping restrictions at this point, correct?

DLR92

So has Downtown Disney discontinued caps to attendance i.e. no more wait to get in? I don't believe there are any shopping restrictions at this point, correct?
I think shopping restrictions should be lifted. Some retailers might continue on though.

Stevek

I think shopping restrictions should be lifted. Some retailers might continue on though.
We ended up stopping by. Parked on east side, took about 10 minutes to get through screening and security. They were still managing lines but didn’t have to wait more than a minute to get into any store, including the Star Wars shop. Was definitely crowded overall with Touch of Disney going on but never felt uncomfortable or concerned about crowds. I dare say it felt a bit normal.

mickEblu

We ended up stopping by. Parked on east side, took about 10 minutes to get through screening and security. They were still managing lines but didn’t have to wait more than a minute to get into any store, including the Star Wars shop. Was definitely crowded overall with Touch of Disney going on but never felt uncomfortable or concerned about crowds. I dare say it felt a bit normal.

Every day is feeling more and more normal. Sitting at an outdoor patio of a cafe in Pasadena on this beautiful afternoon was quite delightful. Green Street Restaurant. Hadn’t been there in about 15 years. Their Asian “Diane” salad is legendary as is their zucchini bread. Be sure to slather it with soft butter though.

Darkbeer1

Every day is feeling more and more normal. Sitting at an outdoor patio of a cafe in Pasadena on this beautiful afternoon was quite delightful. Green Street Restaurant. Hadn’t been there in about 15 years. Their Asian “Diane” salad is legendary as is their zucchini bread. Be sure to slather it with soft butter though.

Last night, Lisa and I were sitting outside on the Santa Monica Pier, having a Shrimp and Crab Boil for two, making a mess, and enjoying every bite.

And having Westcoaster in the background was great.

At SFMM, since LA is still in the Red Tier until tomorrow, they were keeping limits on the stores, with clear entrances and exits.

ToTBellHop

Last night, Lisa and I were sitting outside on the Santa Monica Pier, having a Shrimp and Crab Boil for two, making a mess, and enjoying every bite.

At SFMM, since LA is still in the Red Tier until tomorrow, they were keeping limits on the stores, with clear entrances and exits.
We’ve been to restaurants each of the last three weekends and even saw Raya and the Last Dragon in the theater with the boys! So happy to be coming out of this.

mickEblu

Sounds like a great night!

Darkbeer1

Sounds like a great night!

It was a great couple of days, Wednesday night we drove up to Stevenson Ranch, checked in, and had dinner at Yamato.

Thursday was SFMM, ran into a lot of folks I hadn't seen in a year+. After the park closed at 6 PM, did some shopping near the Hotel.

Friday was the return to SFMM to ride some more, opted to leave about 4 PM and headed to the Pier and Westcoaster, then home.

Today has been catching up, and around the house stuff, plus having the game in the background.

Now off to buy gas at COSTCO, $3.25 a gallon versus around $3.60 nearby. plus getting a light dinner somewhere.

So yes, it has been a great last few days!

mickEblu

This beautiful weather and time of year has me wanting to hit the open road. Still dreaming of my food road trip through the South with highlights including but not limited to New Orleans, Savannah and Charleston. I was just researching some of those Mississippi River cruises (from New Orleans to Memphis) but my wife told me that’s something you do when you re 70+

Bah humbug.

ToTBellHop

This beautiful weather and time of year has me wanting to hit the open road. Still dreaming of my food road trip through the South with highlights including but not limited to New Orleans, Savannah and Charleston. I was just researching some of those Mississippi River cruises (from New Orleans to Memphis) but my wife told me that’s something you do when you re 70+

Bah humbug.
She’s not wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom