Surprise! Red Tier Now Begins Sunday; Downtown Disney Restaurants???

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
>>After staying home for nearly a year, Americans would give anything to hit the road again. Anything.

Desperate vacationers said they would willingly give up love, sex or money in exchange for a trip, according to a recent survey by travel search site Trivago.

More than 80% of those polled said travel is a part of a well-rounded life.

To that end, nearly half, or 48%, would give up their job, 38% would give up sex for a year, one-quarter would fork over all of their savings and 1 in 5 said they would dump their partner if it meant they could take a trip in the near future. <<

This might be one of the most ridiculous surveys ever. 50% would give up their job during a pandemic? 38% would give up sex for one year (any guy who said yes to this is lying or wasn't getting some anyways)? 20% would dump their partners? I'm sure their partner should be made aware of their answers.

This survey had me in stitches, but is absolutely absurd if you're willing to quit your job just to take a trip in the near future.

TP2000

Original Poster
I can't wait to see what replaces the Blueprint For A Safer Economy! What's it called? What's the gimmick? Is there a theme song?

Although, I will kind of miss the Four Tiers part. They were so ridiculously slanted against any county that has more humans than coyotes living in them, that it was just pure comedy! 😆

TP2000

Original Poster
I will say, this weekend I had two different meals (brunch and dinner) in two different restaurants that were both using their Indoor Dining Room in addition to their patio area. This was in north OC around Yorba Linda, but I also know the same thing is happening at indoor restaurants in the rest of OC.

In many areas of the state, no one is listening to Governor Newsom and his Guidance any longer. He absolutely has to know that, he must have advisers and info that tells him what's really happening in this huge state.

So his latest Guidance must be thrown out the window to face the current political reality.

TP2000

Original Poster
Yup! Let's see....LA County (now that nobody is getting tested anymore) has dropped to....carry the one....divide by pi...ah - "12.3 Adjusted Case Rate For Tier Assignment".

OK, let's see, theme parks open in yellow...and that means...see Appendix C, paragraph 2i, section 3a, ah - when the county is under 1.0 for a two week period.

So good news, Disneyland fans! The "Adjusted Case Rate For Tier Assignment" only needs to drop another 92% and you're there (at 25% maximum capacity)! Should be any day now!

Or unless....um...#scienceanddata and never mind.

The whole thing is a mess. Especially the part where the bureaucrats won't actually release the data they use to create their Adjusted ratings, because they know it's indefensible.

It's that 25% capacity thing Newsom came up with that is the real killer for theme parks. That part has to go and theme parks must be given a clear path to returning to normal operation.

The science and data from 2020 hasn't changed, but the political winds have definitely changed. Governor Newsom has no choice but to change the Blueprint For A Safer Economy into something far less restrictive.

DisneyEthan

1614644966829.png

Here is the tweet again

TP2000

Original Poster
One thing the recent news reports have done is remind me that many states have no ability to recall a governor. It's up to each state constitution, and California has a constitution that allows citizens to mount a Recall of an elected official. Even a very stylish governor.

Funny how politics works, isn't it? And funny how it can change a governor's mind. 🤣

TP2000

Original Poster
Was up in Big Bear a couple of weeks ago - most of the restaurants and bars in the village were wide open - inside, outside, wherever you wanted. And there was a convenient "Recall Newsome" table right on the main drag. Yeah, people have moved on.

What's got to be incredibly frustrating for TDA is to see that the smaller chains and mom n' pop places have reopened their dining rooms and/or are openly violating whatever Guidance was issued by Sacramento months ago. Disneyland managers live in OC, and they all have two eyes to see what's happening off Disney property.

But the big corporate chains like Disney (or Darden, or McDonald's, or Starbucks, etc.) have to follow the letter of the law to a T or else they get destroyed by the media and the Twitter Karens of the world.

Catal must remain closed because it's at Downtown Disney, but a few miles away in Yorba Linda there are several upscale restaurants now operating with their full dining room for Date Niters wanting to spend big bucks on dinner.

This is no longer an economic or socio-political system that can continue. 🧐

I rarely use this particular f word because it's so overused, but it's just not fair to try and continue this way.

All restaurants in SoCal should be able to operate their indoor dining spaces, not just the restaurants who aren't part of a big chain with a carefully curated Twitter account from the corporate office.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

TP2000

Original Poster
Once again incorrect, here is it:

Linear Adjustment Factor Applied to Case Rate (>State Median + Pop>106K or <State Median + TestPos>3.5 + Pop>106K)

Right on the public website for ALL to see.

I was referring to this, which Sacramento still won't release...

drizgirl

You dare to question the great and powerful Oz?

Disney Irish

Premium Member

And again I'm saying they have actually been released, I just provided it to you, but they just didn't go over it great detail because if you actually look at the Excel spreadsheet its very very confusing for the general public.

castleparker

And again I'm saying they have actually been released, I just provided it to you, but they just didn't go over it great detail because if you actually look at the Excel spreadsheet its very very confusing for the general public.
Haven't you learned by now? If one can't understand something it is obviously evil and/or doesn't exist.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I can't wait to see what replaces the Blueprint For A Safer Economy! What's it called? What's the gimmick? Is there a theme song?
As a matter of fact... there is!

It turns out:

1614654231060.png

It was "Anthony All Along"!!!

And he killed Sparky, too! o_O

(Sorry @TP2000 - don't think you'll get the pop culture nod, but some here will! :) And it really should have been a Gav reference, but the name Anthony works too well for the joke to resist!)

TP2000

Original Poster

It turns out:

View attachment 536706

(Sorry @TP2000 - don't think you'll get the pop culture nod, but some here will! :) And it really should have been a Gav reference, but the name Anthony works too well for the joke to resist!)

I may be hopelessly (and happily) out of it, but I'll have you know I still know how to Google. 🧐

After a fruitless two minutes on Twitter combing through guys named Anthony, I ended up on YouTube with a little theme song that's gone viral around the world called "Agatha All Along" from that WandaVision show I don't understand. Right? That's where I was supposed to end up on Google, and not just buying more German steak knives I don't really need, wasn't it?

Regardless.... I love it! That song will do quite nicely for the little jingle attached to whatever Gavin replaces the Blueprint with.

But what to call it?

I'm hoping for something truly nauseating, like a badly bureaucratic attempt at inspirational psychobabble. But catchy. Upbeat! Yet clearly created by downbeat, business casual bureaucrats living in grey Sacramento cubicle farms.

Maybe something like Golden State Dawn - Road To Recovery. Or maybe... California's Golden Future: Steps To Get There!

Don't screw this up Gavin, at least a few hundred thousand votes in this fall's recall election depend on it. :cool:

Last edited:

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
I may be hopelessly (and happily) out of it, but I'll have you know I still know how to Google. 🧐

After a fruitless two minutes on Twitter combing through guys named Anthony, I ended up on YouTube with a little theme song that's gone viral around the world called "Agatha All Along" from that WandaVision show I don't understand. Right? That's where I was supposed to end up on Google, and not just buying more German steak knives I don't really need, wasn't it?

Regardless.... I love it! That song will do quite nicely for the little jingle attached to whatever Gavin replaces the Blueprint with.

But what to call it?

I'm hoping for something truly nauseating, like a badly bureaucratic attempt at inspirational psychobabble. But catchy. Upbeat! Yet clearly created by downbeat, business casual bureaucrats living in grey Sacramento cubicle farms.

Maybe something like Golden State Dawn - Road To Recovery. Or maybe... California's Golden Future: Steps To Get There!

Don't screw this up Gavin, at least a few hundred thousand votes in this fall's recall election depend on it. :cool:

I would've paid some money to watch you trying to figure out what @Mousertainment was referring to and watch you scour YouTube and Google.

denyuntilcaught

All restaurants in SoCal should be able to operate their indoor dining spaces, not just the restaurants who aren't part of a big chain with a carefully curated Twitter account from the corporate office.

I'd feel more comfortable to allow indoor dining once we get vaccination rates up a bit higher. Still too soon to pull that specific trigger IMO.

drizgirl

I'd feel more comfortable to allow indoor dining once we get vaccination rates up a bit higher. Still too soon to pull that specific trigger IMO.
Has that been the metric though? Closed to indoor dining until X number are vaccinated?

Clearly your family doesn't own a restaurant. These people are dying economically.

I predict the restaurants will be opened. Many have been operating in defiance of the rules. And you can't have rules only for those who will follow them. You need to crack down and forcefully close them, or you need to loosen up the rules.

Stevek

It turns out:

View attachment 536706

Having finally gotten on the WandaVision bandwagon, I get the reference ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom