Surprise! Red Tier Now Begins Sunday; Downtown Disney Restaurants???

Stevek

I had heard rumblings that the shops and such on Main Street were being stocked just before the shut down. And Main Street would make a lot of sense as Carnation Cafe, Plaza and Jolly Holiday all have a fair amount of outdoor seating and there would be high demand to get into the Disneyland side as well.
This was one of the big ideas floated around here way back when...that if BV street was a success, they could extend to Main Street. I wonder if that ship has sailed and logistically, it just makes more sense to expand the offerings in DCA if crowds ramp up again. I will say that I think just opening Main Street would increase crowds significantly, just for the opportunity to enter DL again. Whether Disney could justify the costs is what I'm not sure of.

Californian Elitist

First, I don't think he cares that much. He has faced political opposition his entire career.

Second, they've had since March 2019 (basically since he got sworn in) to get valid signatures, 6 times and almost 2 years now. It has a slim chance of making the deadline of March 2021 this time, and even if it does, it has a slim chance of even passing and getting him recalled. In the history of our state, since 1911 a recall attempt has happened 55 times against a Governor (mostly Democrat Governors I should note), and only 1 has successfully recalled, Gray Davis.

I won't go too much further on this, as this isn't the place, but I will say I will be VERY surprised if it even makes it on the ballot in November. And if it does I'll personally be upset that I had to pay for it. That's right, every one of us in California has to PAY for that recall effort if it passes, even if you don't agree. On average that is $81M that is coming out of our pockets.
The ones calling for his removal are likely also the same ones threatening to move to another state, but haven't put in any effort to make such a move happen.

Folks are acting like California won't just get another Democrat to replace him. LOL.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The ones calling for his removal are likely also the same ones threatening to move to another state, but haven't put in any effort to make such a move happen.

Folks are acting like California won't just get another Democrat to replace him. LOL.
Exactly its not like the political landscape in California has changed. Its still predominately a Democratic state, just trading one D for another D.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
CNBC had a video on their YouTube channel that was all about the California flight. It was naturally very pro-business considering the source, and thus, anti-Democrat-run California.

However, it did mention a downside to moving out: All the usual places that those who are fleeing are going to aren't the paradise they thought it would be. The usual landing spots are having housing issues with so many people moving in. A house on the market will immediately get eight bids. This is causing locals to not have such warm feelings about the Cali immigrants.

But, the irony is one of the reasons to leave CA is the housing market... and they are causing the same problem elsewhere.

It was like when my family moved out of NJ claiming it was too congested. And when I visit them in the Jacksonville and Tampa area, what do I see? Lots and lots of congestion.

lazyboy97o

Or, as we have learned about some of the insurrectionist nuts, don’t actually bother to vote.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
CNBC had a video on their YouTube channel that was all about the California flight. It was naturally very pro-business considering the source, and thus, anti-Democrat-run California.

However, it did mention a downside to moving out: All the usual places that those who are fleeing are going to aren't the paradise they thought it would be. The usual landing spots are having housing issues with so many people moving in. A house on the market will immediately get eight bids. This is causing locals to not have such warm feelings about the Cali immigrants.

But, the irony is one of the reasons to leave CA is the housing market... and they are causing the same problem elsewhere.

It was like when my family moved out of NJ claiming it was too congested. And when I visit them in the Jacksonville and Tampa area, what do I see? Lots and lots of congestion.
Yep, I saw the same CNBC video. And have said the same thing here and other places for a long time. You move elsewhere all that does is drive up prices somewhere else. Perfect example Austin where a lot of tech is going has gone up 84% just in the last decade. A house that used to cost under $200K just in 2010, costed over $310k 2 years ago, and now goes for over $400k even with COVID. Given that rate you're looking at Million dollar homes in only a couple years. All you've done is now price out the locals that used to occupy these areas.

Figments Friend

I would pay a small fee to ride through Disneyland Park on the parking lot tram.

Drive it up Main Street, around the circle in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle, and back.
Just like the Main Street vehicles do.

$10 a head, around and back again.

I am sure I would not be alone waiting in line to do so.

-

mickEblu

Yep, I saw the same CNBC video. And have said the same thing here and other places for a long time. You move elsewhere all that does is drive up prices somewhere else. Perfect example Austin where a lot of tech is going has gone up 84% just in the last decade. A house that used to cost under $200K just in 2010, costed over $310k 2 years ago, and now goes for over $400k even with COVID. Given that rate you're looking at Million dollar homes in only a couple years. All you've done is now price out the locals that used to occupy these areas.

Well just that and probably save 300k + for the same exact house but who’s counting.

mickEblu

California has about 40 million people living here which is about 12% of the population of the USA. These people have to go somewhere.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Starting Friday, Feb. 5, you can once again enjoy outdoor dining at Carthay Circle Lounge – Alfresco Dining, with its seasonal menu and unique dining environment on Buena Vista Street, an extension of Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort."

"We highly recommend that you make a reservation for this experience, and reservation times will be available beginning at 11 a.m. PT today, Feb. 3, at Disneyland.com and on the Disneyland mobile app.**"

Disstevefan1

"Starting Friday, Feb. 5, you can once again enjoy outdoor dining at Carthay Circle Lounge – Alfresco Dining, with its seasonal menu and unique dining environment on Buena Vista Street, an extension of Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort."

"We highly recommend that you make a reservation for this experience, and reservation times will be available beginning at 11 a.m. PT today, Feb. 3, at Disneyland.com and on the Disneyland mobile app.**"

All of California should open up. The election is over so there is no need for anyplace to remain shutdown. For those that were worried about the science, don’t worry, the shutdowns were arbitrary and not based on science, therefore reopening does not require a basis in science either.

cmwade77

Perhaps it's time for Disney to fire up the parking lot trams.
That would actually present a lot of problems, instead, I would say use the Mickey and Friends structure as the entrance and possibly some characters, etc., then have vehicles enter DL through a screened "backstage" area, drive the areas where vehicles would fit, across the esplanade through DCA and out the park near Paradise Pier.

Very workable, although might require modifications to current food and shopping offerings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom