Surprise of her lifetime...

AnnabelleJayneMom

Original Poster
Ok... so as a perpetual lurker of this board i know that there is a special section for proposal advice but i would like to get ALOT of ideas so i am putting it here for the obvious reasons that more people look here. *Moderators-please move if you feel necessary.* Also, This is not the name i use on the forum but since my Fiance is an occasional WDWMAGIC poster she wont recognize this.

Alright so i have already proposed to my beautiful fiance and she said yes. This was quite some time ago and i did not have the money or the means to make this proposal happen in Disney. I have a BRILLIANT scheme :drevil: to get her to give me back the ring (will raise no suspicions)... I would like to RE-PROPOSE in her favorite place in the world.

This is a two part question. First, is the RE-PROPOSAL too over the top? We arent getting married for a year and im worried this idea isnt as romantic as my brain thinks it is :lol:.

Next, and most important, PLEASE give me some of your romantic ideas for this proposal. Spare me no detail!! I am definitely going for creative. Lets say money is no object. Any and all ideas are welcome!!! Thank you so much in advance!!!

Disneysue

In the Parks
No
I think its a wonderful idea and very romantic! As for how, I can't help ya there I'm single and my brain cannot even wrap around the idea of someone proposing to me:veryconfu

Susan Savia

Well if I were her, I don't think I'd want to give back the ring when ya just gave it to me....I am sure once you got to the parks, there are other magical ways to profess your love....candlelight dinner, Wishes, the evening boat cruise to see the fireworks, etc.

I wish you the best and I hope it's very special whatever you choose. :slurp:

Next Trip - January 2009

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Um... Even if she only occasionally reads WDWMagic, you've given enough detail she'll figure it out pretty quickly... Particularly once you enact your brilliant scheme that would otherwise raise no suspicions.

Do something special for her when you're there, wear engagement buttons in the parks and make the whole trip about celebrating your engagement. Re-proposing runs the risk she might say no the second time around :lookaroun

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
This is a very similar situation to mine. The same - didn't have the budget to fly down to Disney and that is how I always dreamed of getting engaged and how my DH would have really liked to do it. Although I do miss having this memory - the DH has promised me that some time, when I least expect it, he'll do it up right and ask me to marry him again. I expect this will be later in our life when we would do a vow renewal - at Disney of course. :) We've only been married for 4 years so it's something to look forward to. :) With that said, the DH did do a very romantic night for me at Dinner inside Cinderella's Castle during the fireworks and gave me a ring that matched the necklace he gave me on our wedding day. This was to celebrate our 2nd Anniversary.

You may just want to do something like this, rather then "re-engaging" at Disney. Although you might not be happy b/c you did not have the "perfect proposal", I think it might be too soon to ask her to marry you again. Kind of like, you know that it wasn't perfect before, but now it can be ---- and to her, the first time could have been perfect, just b/c you asked her. :) I don't know, this is just imo. :) It's very sweet of you to want to make all of her dreams come true!! :)

pixiesteno

I'm with others on this, you might not be able to get the ring back without raising suspicions or worse yet, upsetting your DF. Women are kind of funny about our jewerly, particularly of the engagement and wedding sort!
I would suggest getting her a beautiful necklace and earring set that somewhat match her engagement ring for her to wear on your wedding day. You might want to book a nice dinner at Victoria & Alberts, dinner cruise, fireworks cruise, Artist Point, carriage ride, etc. and have them "serve" the set with dessert and let her know just how excited you are to be marrying her. Depending on the "colors" of your wedding you might be able to find a nice matching gem set that would go with your colors; if this has been decided yet.

Ilovewishes

I figure you know your fiance better than anyone else on here and if you think that this is something that she would like, I say go for it!

Personally, I would love it! Although, you would have a hard task getting that ring back off me! My DH and I never did the whole proposal/engagement thing. He lived a long way away from me and the only way we could be together was to be married. We discussed it, and 6 weeks later we did it! So I never got an engagement ring! However he has told me that he will propose to me one day!

A couple of ideas I've given him include getting a photopass CM in on the act in front of the castle, particularly at sunset, posing for a photo and just when she is least expecting it, go down on one knee with the photo pass CM snapping away with their camera! That way, you even have the photos for posterity!

Or, as my DH and I have discussed renewing our vows at Disney, I have already picked out the "Wish for Love" part of Wishes as our music so a proposal during that part of the fireworks would just be magical!

On the other hand, I love the Writers Corner in MGM (sorry, DHS) where we always stop for a muffin and a rest so I would be equally happy to have a proposal in there!

You need to know what parts of the parks are special to her and base it around that. I'm sure whatever you come up with, she will love it because it's your special place.

Good luck and let us know what you decide to do!

Everyone is different and as others have posted, you know your fiance better than we do. But with that disclosure, how about booking her at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. Have her completely done up (with princess dress). Then book a meal at Cinderella's Castle. During the meal, give her a tiara to wear with her costume. She could be a real princess for the day at the happiest place on earth. You could always take her to the wishing well afterward and tell her that you'd like to propose to her all over again. The ring thing is up to you, but most women want to keep their ring that they've worked so many years to get. I'm still a kid at heart as you can see, but you did ask for our ideas. Good luck.

pacochran

What a nice romantic idea.

Don't know when you are going down, but two years ago we were at DHS watching the Osborne light show and while the music was playing and the snow falling we saw a man propose to his girlfriend right in the middle of the Streets of America, it was really nice.

eroyee

I agree with not taking the ring back and buying a necklace and earrings to match or something like that. How about a carriage ride at night around POR? You could give it to her there or on the beach at the Poly during Wishes. congratulations, by the way........we honeymooned in WDW. was just perfect!!

Eyekimore

We actually happened to be nearby when someone proposed at EPCOT! It was so romantic!

It was early morning in Cananda. We decided to stop and get pictures of the gardens by Le Cellier on the way to FutureWorld while they were empty of people. (Keep in mind that when FutureWorld is open- you can still get in the International Gateway from BC & BW area)

A group of friends in their early twenties had entered behind us. A couple in the bunch took a romantic stroll through the gardens, as well. The guy pulled out an Easter egg with Mickey ears on it. (The egg was his "ring box"- he had purchased a Mickey Ears felt Christmas ornament and glued it on!) He proposed and gave her the ring. Immediately afterwards- she calls her parents. While she's talking to them- they pop up on the upper level of the Canadian Pavillion. They had watched the whole proposal from behind the rocks. Then of course comes all the running and hugs, etc.

I was a crying mess by the time it was all over- and they were strangers to me!

I LOVE WDW!

Teenchy

I think its a great idea and there are lots of proposal ideas on these boards if you do a search...you can also "borrow" any ideas from the link in my signature about our wedding.

I also always recommend if you have the $$ www.giftsofalifetime.com they can help you with an idea and pull off something special.

Good Luck

MacDuffieMuppet

We actually happened to be nearby when someone proposed at EPCOT! It was so romantic!

It was early morning in Cananda. We decided to stop and get pictures of the gardens by Le Cellier on the way to FutureWorld while they were empty of people. (Keep in mind that when FutureWorld is open- you can still get in the International Gateway from BC & BW area)

A group of friends in their early twenties had entered behind us. A couple in the bunch took a romantic stroll through the gardens, as well. The guy pulled out an Easter egg with Mickey ears on it. (The egg was his "ring box"- he had purchased a Mickey Ears felt Christmas ornament and glued it on!) He proposed and gave her the ring. Immediately afterwards- she calls her parents. While she's talking to them- they pop up on the upper level of the Canadian Pavillion. They had watched the whole proposal from behind the rocks. Then of course comes all the running and hugs, etc.

I was a crying mess by the time it was all over- and they were strangers to me!

I LOVE WDW!

Omg that is sooo romantic. I wish that whoever proposes for me is as romantic as that.

jnnu

about disney

Disney's Intimate Weddings packages require a minimum of a four night stay at an owned and operated Walt Disney World Resort. Browse articles about growing and weeding at Disney Family, rate growing and weeding articles and share comments with other parents.The very largest site of viewable Disney Stamps. I'm looking for party bag, streames, party hats, fro children and adults. For the children, I'm looking for animationdisneypreferrable and adults black.
-------------------------
jnnu

Car Auctions

Bug715

What a nice romantic idea.

Don't know when you are going down, but two years ago we were at DHS watching the Osborne light show and while the music was playing and the snow falling we saw a man propose to his girlfriend right in the middle of the Streets of America, it was really nice.

That's on the top of my "Where I want to get proposed to in Disney" list. lol. The lights are awesome and my first time seeing them my friend and I were there on a pin trading quest and we walked by 2 or 3 times and he wouldn't let me see it until we had cookies and were in the middle of the street. Its so festive and romantic. Something about the holidays... or maybe its the fake snow....

Also, I agree about taking the ring back. I know I wouldn't give it up. I'd take it to be cleaned but sit right there and wait til its done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom