Surprise Kids for a Surprise Trip

Auroragirl

Original Poster
Does anyone have any good stories of how they surprised their kids (or spouse/family members/etc...) to a trip to WDW? :eek:

Have any good ideas of how to surprise my 7 year old the morning of (or day before) our flight to "the World"? :ROFLOL: We really want to surprise her.

Thanks!!!:sohappy:

WDWmazprty

We're going to Disney World!!!!!!!!

2.gif

Jessie&Buzz

You could tell her you are going to visit a relative that lives out of town. When you get to the airport you could either tell her or wait to see if she notices. Once you are on the plane if she hasn't caught on already you could wait till you are ready to land and tell her. On our Southwest flight 2 years ago the flight attendent sang a bunch of Disney songs. I'm sure that would surpise her. Whatever you decide she'll have a blast!

HeatherK

Go to youtube and search for that because there are the funniest videos of what parents do to their kids before they go to disney.

CLandrum

My friend and I are doing this May first with my 8 year old and her 9 year old. We are going to tell our kids that we are going to an Amish community in Ohio. We printed up things from the internet. It says live the Amish life... do chores, no TVs, and so on. I am sure they will figure it out at the gate but it will be fun to mess with them until then. Oh our flight leaves at six in the morning so we will have to be at the airport at 4am so the will be extra mad at getting up so early.
I am going to check out youtube when I get home in the morning. I can't at work. Maybe I will come up with something better.:drevil:

KC82271

I was taking my 8 year old Godson, and it was going to be his second time. What I did was take pictures and create a "microsoft movie" - using the pictures and songs/ride sayings from the web that I downloaded. Started with pictures of the airport, then hotel pictures, monorail, and park pictures (if you have never been - download some basic disneyworld pics from the web) and at the end, record a "NAME - you're going to disneyworld" and put it in the movie.

Excellent surprise!

CLandrum

I just spent half the day watching youtube, I work 3rd shift so I should of been sleeping, oops. Just type in "Disney World Surprise" and you will get allot of great ideas and you might just cry a little.

gnuts0306

surprise

we are not trying to surprise our daughter b4 we go, however i am planning an in - room surprise once we get there. i just made reservations for them to come decorate our room, and leave a ton of disney welcome magic in our room while we are out at the parks... once we get back to the hotel she will be surprised to find that mickey had visited our room while we were out... and i also will have stuff waiting for my hubby's 30th bday !! we are going march 5th!

Z28KatCar

we are not trying to surprise our daughter b4 we go, however i am planning an in - room surprise once we get there. i just made reservations for them to come decorate our room, and leave a ton of disney welcome magic in our room while we are out at the parks... once we get back to the hotel she will be surprised to find that mickey had visited our room while we were out... and i also will have stuff waiting for my hubby's 30th bday !! we are going march 5th!

If you don't mind me asking who did u hire to decorate the room? My daughter will b4 when we go next year and I really want to surprise her with something in the room.

BelleGurl

I'm a teen myself, so I could not really tell you stories of 'my' kids. Since I don't have any. But, I do find that people like to surprise there kids by using scavenger hunts. And at the end of the scavenger hunt there could be some sort of paper, or prize revealing that the kids are going to Disneyworld. And throughout the scavenger hunt, you could have little cheap toys and stuff to please your kid during the flight. Like coloring books, etc. You could put them all in a little treasure chest.

Another good idea kind of similar to the scavenger hunt, I suppose would be a puzzle. It could be a crossword puzzle of some sort, that spelled out "Your going to Disney!"

But, have fun with whatever you choose. I'm sure she will be so excited.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom