Surprise birthday gifts for the DW pre-trip report

Well, we are down to the last 17 days before DW and I leave for WDW. She is aware that we are going to Disney for her birthday, but she does not know about the birthday surprises I have in store for her.

This past two weeks have been horrible. I was hospitalized with an appendicitis, which was removed last Friday (11/6). This of course made the DW think that we would have to cancel our trip. I told her that I will be having breakfast with Mickey if it kills me. My best friend was supposed to come with us, but he broke his leg sliding down the pole at the Firehouse (we are both firefighters). So it has slowly been one disaster after another.

First, the Disney Florist has been enlisted to decorate room at ASMo with the Mickey Welcome Package. I know it is expensive, but she deserves it. After 15 hours in the car with me, I may have to run to the liquor store for her!!!

We will be using the free birthday ticket on her birthday after we have breakfast with Lilo and Stitch at Ohana. Little does she know that her parents will be casually browsing the gift shop after we eat. They are driving down the day after we leave home. This ought to be a great surprise for her (they like to spend $$ on her). The fibbing to her for the past month has been the hardest part. She believes that my secretary and her DH are coming :ROFLOL:. I almost slipped while I was on all those good surgery drugs.

She is extremely happy that we got all of the ADRs that we wanted. Her lunch at Cinderella Castle, dinner at Le Cellier, breakfast with Lilo and Stich, MVMCP, and hopefully, tickets to the taping of the 2009 Christmas Day Parade:shrug:.

Of course, she is concerned with my health (still healing from surgery), so any diversion about Disney I can make is aiding in my recovery. I have been playing YouTube clips for her and we have watched every Disney special on the Travel Channel at least four times this month (DVR is a great thing).

This will be my third trip to Disney. DW converted me after going 3 years ago. I always said, "Disney is for little kids." How wrong was I? I am as excited as a zoo animal at feeding time. We were engaged in EPCOT in 2007, had our honeymoon at WDW in 2008, and have made it our new annual tradition!

I will keep you updated from I-95 South in about two weeks. Pray for those Christmas Parade tickets!!!

FireChiefGoofy

Original Poster
15 days to go before DW birthday trip to WDW. I am healing nicely, however, she is dealing with a little broncitis. Better to get all of the illness before we leave. I don't need any sickness while spending 15 hours in the car driving to vacation. After all, getting there is half the fun. Right?

FireChiefGoofy

Original Poster
13 days and counting until we load up the old Dodge Caliber and begin our 995 mile trip south from the First State to the Sunshine State. The suitcases will be coming up from the basement on Monday. The post office has been notified about holding the mail, the car is scheduled for the pre-trip service, and arrangements have been made for a kitty babysitter.

After the nor'easter (basically a winter hurricane on the east coast) that pounded our area this weekend, a week and a half of Florida sunshine will do us some good! DW is feeling much better and I will be having my after surgery consult on Thursday.

Can't wait to be having Mickey waffles at the Crystal Palace :slurp:!!!

FireChiefGoofy

Original Poster
Boy, is it hard to keep a secret. I almost slipped in the car by revealing some travel info about DW parents :zipit:. We were on the way to pick my car up from the shop, when I said that her parents weren't having their car worked on before they leave. Of course, this prompted, "Well, where are they going?" I was quick on my feet, saying that they would be going to my sister-in-laws in Baltimore the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Now, I have to call the in-laws in the morning so we can get our stories straight.

I never thought that it would be this hard to keep the secrets. I want to tell her so bad, but I know that will ruin the moment when we enter our room.

FireChiefGoofy

Original Poster
:xmas::sohappy::xmas: We just got our tickets for the Christmas Parade!!!! DW is going to be so excited to hopefully see herself on TV on Christmas morning!!! :xmas::sohappy::xmas:

FireChiefGoofy

Original Poster
Well, it's the day before Thanksgiving, I hope everyone is defrosting their turkey!!!

DW parents picked-up their WDW tickets yesterday at our local Disney store. She still has no idea that they are coming for her birthday!

We leave for the world early Friday morning. Nothing like a 987 mile drive on Black Friday while all of the crazy people are hitting the malls at 3 am. We expect traffic to be light, however, the weather people are calling for rain. I hate driving in the rain :(.

First stop will be Daytona International Speedway!!! Spending the night in Daytona Beach (about 14 hours from Delaware) and resuming the last 1 1/2 hours on Saturday. DW wants to hit the Orlando outlets for some Christmas shopping, then its onto our next hotel at DTD.

We check into All Star Movies on Sunday morning. Online check-in is not working for me, so it's into a line we will go. DW birthday is Monday (11/30), starting with breakfast at Ohana, then whatever park she wants. Dinner at Wolfgang Puck, and then some mini golf.

We will be at MVMCP on 12/3, then back at MK for the Christmas Parade taping.

For now, I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving (yumm, turkey and Macy's Parade) and safe travels to all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom