Surge pricing

wendysue

So, since Universal is going to what they call "surge pricing", or different prices according to days of the week, holidays, etc., how long do you think until Disney announces this? I would be willing to go on a weekday for less money...

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I don't that's feasible in Disney's case. For example, I do a 10 day Disney vacation, but I decide I only want a 5 day park pass. Would I not be able to use that on the surge day? We frequently get tickets with less days then our stay because there's so much other things to do. How would Disney handle that?

Upvote 0

flynnibus

Premium Member
They can do it exactly the same as they do dining... you could be charged 'credits' based on what you use.. and the credits needed to visit a park could vary.. or even be dynamic.

Then, they could even charge a premium to have 'unlimited' access... (aka what you USED to have before).

There is always a way with pricing.

Upvote 0

matt9112

i would imagine (thinking out loud) if Disney where to do this it would be attached to low tier tickets only to avoid confusion. one and two day tickets bought on site. or have the dates linked to your stay. (so in the 10 day example above) you would need to tell disney what 5 days your going to go to parks and what park. (or charge the "base" fee and when you use on surge days that is additional charge at gate.

Upvote 0

bigorangeandy

I could see Disney doing it with one day tickets, such as weekends and hoildays are a few dollars more than M-F. The same could be done with parking, a few more dollars for weekends and holidays than Monday - Friday.

Upvote 0

lazyboy97o

I don't that's feasible in Disney's case. For example, I do a 10 day Disney vacation, but I decide I only want a 5 day park pass. Would I not be able to use that on the surge day? We frequently get tickets with less days then our stay because there's so much other things to do. How would Disney handle that?
Simple, you don't get to go on the days for which you do not have the right tickets. You having a hotel room over multiple types of days is irrelevant to Disney; you should have purchased the right tickets for your days. The tiered Annual Passes do not automatically gain entry on blackout days with a hotel room.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom