deleted

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Fun fact. On that day all the Futureworld pavilions should have been playing the original BGM loops. Test Track and Space should have played Motion and Horizons. The loops were put into Central but for some reason they didn’t switch over.

The intention was also to play the 1982 Energy loop but neither Burbank or Glendale have a copy. Sadly, since this full loop is unavailable anywhere it seems.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Certainly not. Without your instigating, we wouldn’t have so many WDW/Epcot audio/video gems
It was quite funny.... I was in FW East getting some GV shots in the rain around 930am. I went in the bathroom between TT and Mouse Gear and first heard the BGM clearly playing in there, and took a twenty second reference recoding on my phone (yep, in the bathroom). It took five minutes to click what it actually was, and luckily I knew someone in the park with the means to record it as clearly as they did. A quick message later and it was underway. I also had someone record it cleanly live as a back up knowing how rare it was.

It would seem this loop only played for a few years. By the late 80s the original entrance loop was playing in Communicore and around the plaza.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Fun fact. On that day all the Futureworld pavilions should have been playing the original BGM loops. Test Track and Space should have played Motion and Horizons. The loops were put into Central but for some reason they didn’t switch over.

The intention was also to play the 1982 Energy loop but neither Burbank or Glendale have a copy. Sadly, since this full loop is unavailable anywhere it seems.
I would have love to have seen that

Cmdr_Crimson

I actually like the Innoventions loop better

Both 19 & 52 min versions are quite unique from each other..One part I like is the version on the 52 min one is the rendition of Great Big Beautiful tomorrow...If you listen to the background of the song it plays it the same way the attraction is put out with the sounds of different seasons taking place in the show with Spring (with sounds of Birds chirping), Summer (with sounds of Fireworks), Fall (and eerie wind) and Winter (Jingling bells)...It's quite unique....

But, one thing has bothered me ever since I heard one track known as "Clockworks" it was a track for Innoventions...But, any time I hear it I try to figure out where this was going to be put into the loop...But, it's the only track that is not on either version...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
But, one thing has bothered me ever since I heard one track known as "Clockworks" it was a track for Innoventions...But, any time I hear it I try to figure out where this was going to be put into the loop...But, it's the only track that is not on either version...

Wild guess if it’s legit, in the circular room with the ceiling arm in the south end of the store (the original Electronic Forum) area. Mousegears audio was originally split by area. For example, the 52 minute loop only played in the rotunda.

Cmdr_Crimson

Wild guess if it’s legit, in the circular room with the ceiling arm in the south end of the store (the original Electronic Forum) area. Mousegears audio was originally split by area. For example, the 52 minute loop only played in the rotunda.

Interesting...I know at times when the Wand rotates there is one with a clicking and whirling rhythmic beat which animates the gears and such...Shame they didn't keep it around...

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Both 19 & 52 min versions are quite unique from each other..One part I like is the version on the 52 min one is the rendition of Great Big Beautiful tomorrow...If you listen to the background of the song it plays it the same way the attraction is put out with the sounds of different seasons taking place in the show with Spring (with sounds of Birds chirping), Summer (with sounds of Fireworks), Fall (and eerie wind) and Winter (Jingling bells)...It's quite unique....

Just another track lost during Future Worlds slow death

Sandurz

Yeah this loop sounds like something out of the movie Towering inferno. I dont feel bad that it was replaced with the entrance loop.

Hehe you're spot on. There's a lot of old loops and instrumental versions of attraction music that have that same sort of feeling, playing over the opening credits of 70s disaster movies or something. I love it, it sounds amazing to me. But I will concede the style they ended up on is probably a better fit.

Monorail_Red_77

Yes! I was there on 35th. That was sure special. I loved all the original music. Plus was able to hear tomorrow child after Illuminations was over.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yes! I was there on 35th. That was sure special. I loved all the original music. Plus was able to hear tomorrow child after Illuminations was over.
I’ve such a beautiful, haunting memory from Epcot’s 25th. After the RoE tag and waiting for the burn off I left the Italian Isola to go to the AmAd bathrooms. When I came out the promenade was deserted. Lighting was dimmed. For a minute I was all alone, and blasting out of the PA was that loop. In stereo. And I mean blasting out. Out of the promenade all area PA. I got Makin' Memories, Magic Journeys and Motions Centercore before I came back to reality.

Gave even me goosebumps.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom