Super Early Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Thread

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
http://screenrant.com/guardians-galaxy-3-writer-director-james-gunn/

2017 is an exciting year for comic book fans of all brands and platforms, but it is still somewhat surprising to believe that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is one of the most anticipated films of the year. Just a few years ago, hardly anybody outside of hardcore Marvel comic readers knew who Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket, and Groot were, but now they’re some of the most beloved characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Director James Gunn is in the final stages of post-production on the sequel that sees the entire main cast from the first return, and early screenings have already netted a perfect audience score. The excitement is being felt in all avenues with early tracking for the sequel aiming at a $160 million opening weekend. There has previously been little doubt that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 would happen, but now Gunn has confirmed it is coming and he’s working on figuring out his role.

While speaking to Complex about his latest writing project The Belko Experiment, Gunn was also asked about the future for the Guardians themselves and specifically a conclusion to this trilogy. Gunn took this as an opportunity to not only confirm that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 is happening, but it sounds as though conversations are still ongoing to pinpoint his involvement.

There will be a Guardians 3, that’s for sure. We’re trying to figure it out. I’m trying to figure out what I want to do really, that’s all it is. I got to figure out where I want to be, what I want to spend the next three years of my life doing. You know, I’m going to make another big movie; is it the Guardians or something else? I’m just going to figure it out over the next couple of weeks.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
I wasn't overly impressed with this one though I did enjoy it. That being said, I can't wait to see what he has in store.

Tony Perkis

I’m livid by this.

I’m sorry, but Disney knew these existed.

He apologized in 2011..

He apologized yesterday, because people can’t apparently research the past.

And because some alt-right nut job InfoWars idiot who believes rape doesn’t exist found them and tried to ruin his career, Gunn is fired?!

Disney, grow a spine. You’re perfectly fine with emotional domestic abuse from James Cameron in your parks but crude Tromeo jokes are off limits?! Cowards.

Disneyfanman

I’m sorry to say that Disney had little to no choice here. I’m guessing that a lot of thought went into the decision because this franchise is worth billions. I also think that there is more to the story that hasn’t been made public. Gunn’s comments after the termination were classy and appropriate. Like the decision or hate the decision, I totally understand the decision.

Tony Perkis

I’m sorry to say that Disney had little to no choice here. I’m guessing that a lot of thought went into the decision because this franchise is worth billions. I also think that there is more to the story that hasn’t been made public. Gunn’s comments after the termination were classy and appropriate. Like the decision or hate the decision, I totally understand the decision.
Disney has a choice. They could have said James Gunn has clearly demonstrated class and dignity since his first apology over 5 years ago and will not be deterred due to a mob campaign by somebody from the alt right.

Most importantly, Disney has now set a horrible precedent. They will cave in to mob rule.

champdisney

I’m livid by this.

I’m sorry, but Disney knew these existed.

He apologized in 2011..

He apologized yesterday, because people can’t apparently research the past.

And because some alt-right nut job InfoWars idiot who believes rape doesn’t exist found them and tried to ruin his career, Gunn is fired?!

Disney, grow a spine. You’re perfectly fine with emotional domestic abuse from James Cameron in your parks but crude Tromeo jokes are off limits?! Cowards.
It’s comical that you want to call Disney “cowards” for firing Gunn over disgusting jokes that would most certainly get any of us fired from our jobs. We all know that Disney can be flawed, however, it is of my opinion that I believe that they made the right call. Disney has an image to protect and they will go to great lengths to do so, you know this. So severing their ties with Gunn, was the way to go and this is coming from a guy who loves Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and 2, the first being my all time favorite MCU movie. Furthermore, Gunn has made his bed and now has to lie in it. He continuously goes on Twitter and ticks people off, what started all of this in the first place was when he chimed in and bashed the Star Wars fans who dislike TLJ. He is of many Hollywood personalities who take great pride and joy painting this picture of themselves as saints, but at the end of the day, they are just like the rest of us. Some of us tell jokes, some of us tell unorthodox-styled jokes, and then there’s the creeps that tell the kind of jokes that Gunn tweeted out years ago that we subsequently steer clear from. It is not funny and it is not acceptable. Regardless if he apologized in 2012 which is cool, but why didn’t he delete those tweets then? I don’t want to say he’s guilty of anything other than being a complete A-hole.

erasure fan1

It’s comical that you want to call Disney “cowards” for firing Gunn over disgusting jokes that would most certainly get any of us fired from our jobs. We all know that Disney can be flawed, however, it is of my opinion that I believe that they made the right call. Disney has an image to protect and they will go to great lengths to do so, you know this. So severing their ties with Gunn, was the way to go and this is coming from a guy who loves Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and 2, the first being my all time favorite MCU movie. Furthermore, Gunn has made his bed and now has to lie in it. He continuously goes on Twitter and ticks people off, what started all of this in the first place was when he chimed in and bashed the Star Wars fans who dislike TLJ. He is of many Hollywood personalities who take great pride and joy painting this picture of themselves as saints, but at the end of the day, they are just like the rest of us. Some of us tell jokes, some of us tell unorthodox-styled jokes, and then there’s the creeps that tell the kind of jokes that Gunn tweeted out years ago that we subsequently steer clear from. It is not funny and it is not acceptable. Regardless if he apologized in 2012 which is cool, but why didn’t he delete those tweets then? I don’t want to say he’s guilty of anything other than being a complete A-hole.
Well, I guess my question is why now. I have a hard time believing Disney had no clue about this. If not before guardians 1, for sure guardians 2. Maybe Gunn and Disney weren't getting along anymore and this resurfacing was a good out.

Tony Perkis

This is a nonsense comment.

Gunn made awful jokes. He apologized.

He got hired for GOTG.

He made the first film.

He made the second film.

Disney fires him after only now realizing he made bad tweets (which is a lie....they knew from day one).

They’re cowards. They caved to a rape denying alt right lunatic.

EDIT: Also, good god, use paragraphs.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom