Super Early Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Thread

erasure fan1

There is no indication that he would have been able to replicate that again in the MCU.

One thing I do know for sure, he is no Feige. So I don't know how he is going to turn DC Studios into Marvel Studios as Zasie is expecting.
That's true. It's never a sure bet when someone has success on one side then can't duplicate it somewhere else. Just look at Joss and the avengers. He goes to DC and can't recapture the magic with justice league.

What Feige did with the infinity saga might just be the greatest achievement in cinema. I'm not sure anyone can fill those shoes. I don't think he needs to, he just needs to chart a course and plan it out. Can he do that? I'm not sure, but it will be fun to watch.

doctornick

The trailer before the game was different than this one - it had an ending part with Drax going to sleep on a couch. Is that up anywhere?

Jedijax719

Disney definitely undercut their Superbowl trailers. Just a GOTG3 trailer which was released BEFORE the game and a 30 second forgettable Indy5 tease that nobody will care about or remember.

They held off on Little Mermaid and Eternals for some reason.

doctornick

Disney definitely undercut their Superbowl trailers. Just a GOTG3 trailer which was released BEFORE the game and a 30 second forgettable Indy5 tease that nobody will care about or remember.

They held off on Little Mermaid and Eternals for some reason.
Eternals? Do you mean Elemental?

There was also an Ant-Man spot though it was for a product not just the movie.

Jedijax719

Eternals? Do you mean Elemental?

There was also an Ant-Man spot though it was for a product not just the movie.
Yes Elementals lol.

Ant Man doesn't count. It's coming out on Friday and has had like 20 different teasers, trailers, TV spots and clips. That was just another TV spot.

Nothing wrong with Disney holding off. It's actually probably a good idea. Put the attention on one or two at a time. We'll probably see Elementals and Little Mermaid around Oscar time (gets twice as many viewers as Grammies). And that's March which is the right time. For TLM, they probably just aren't ready and don't want the same backlash Aladdin got with its February teaser. TLM has enough racist backlash going against it which is already pretty stupid.

GOTG3 was a must as they needed to get it out in time for AMQM. It looks pretty good I must say, but I also LOVED the first one and didn't really like the 2nd one.

ppete1975

Who do we think Dies? Drax for sure, I hope peter survives. I could see rocket dying, I kind of feel it might be a very emotional movie with several dying.

Phroobar

There is a theory that the title colors designate who is going to die.
In the first movie the title was a brown/gold color and Groot died.
In the second movie, the title was blue and Yondu died.
Now the third movie, the title is brown meaning that Rocket will die.

CaptainMickey

What the heck are they doing to Nebula?

nebula.png

DCBaker

Premium Member
"For the first times since pre-pandemic times, a Super Bowl trailer broke the 100M view threshold on social media in the 24 hour period following the Big Game.

That was Disney/Marvel Studios’ Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 which clocked 134.1M views across TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter and Facebook as measured by social media analytics corp RelishMix in their annual survey of the most watched Super Bowl movie trailers.

In fact, the James Gunn directed threequel is the most watched Super Bowl movie trailer in post Big Game day traffic per RelishMix records. The movie kicks off the summer box office on May 5. The last movie trailer to cross 100M views was Universal’s pre-Covid launch of F9 during the 2020 Super Bowl which clocked 110.9M fueled by a Miami concert the Friday before that year’s Big Game Sunday."

"Important to note that GOTG 3 and Flash dropped their trailers cold on Super Bowl Sunday. Some studios are getting in the habit of dropping their Big Game trailers days in advance, i.e. Uni posted the Fast X trailer online Friday, the morning after an LA Thursday night launch party with the pic’s stars led by Vin Diesel, and Amazon Studios/MGM running Air and Paramount too with Scream VI in advance of Super Bowl Sunday."

Full article below.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 has been given a day-and-date release on May 5 in China.

"In another sign of the return to China for Marvel after a long drought, Disney/Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 has been set for a day-and-date release on May 5. The James Gunn-directed finale in the series is due to hit North American cinemas that same day while international rollout will begin on May 3."

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I know James Gunn has shifted over to DC, but is anyone else hoping that GotG 3 is such a big hit that he comes back for a 4th movie?
Not likely. Not with him being in charge of DC and also because of all his public statement that GotG is meant to be a trilogy that wraps up everything for this iteration of the Guardians.

If there is more Guardian movies, most of the cast would be different and it will be made by people other than Gunn.

Prince-1

I know James Gunn has shifted over to DC, but is anyone else hoping that GotG 3 is such a big hit that he comes back for a 4th movie?

Even if it’s a massive hit Gunn won’t be back. He is running the superhero show at DC and no way he could direct another Marvel movie while he is in his current role.

doctornick

Even if it’s a massive hit Gunn won’t be back. He is running the superhero show at DC and no way he could direct another Marvel movie while he is in his current role.
Of course DC movies changes lead creatives like other people change underwear. It’s entirely possible he won’t be in that role after a year or two.

erasure fan1

Of course DC movies changes lead creatives like other people change underwear. It’s entirely possible he won’t be in that role after a year or two.
Yea DC is kind of in a bad spot if the first couple movies don't do well out of the gate. If you end up with lackluster reception, I have no reason to believe that they won't panic and pull the plug. I don't think it will be a year or two, but 4 or 5 if things aren't going great? Yea, I could see that. That said, I've been a fan of Gunns superhero stuff so I'm hoping for the best.

Prince-1

He will be in this role for awhile. I’d say at a minimum he’ll be there for 5 years and that’s only if his movies are crap like Shazam 2.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom