Super Bowl watching in Disney??

riogirl

Original Poster
I would love some ideas of where I can watch the Super Bowl while I am there in February. I want to be somewhere that I can sit and actually listen and watch the game. If there is anywhere on or off property I would appreciate any and all suggestions.

MichRX7

Premium Member
I've watched many football games from the pool bars on property, and the volume was adequate and conversation was less than going to a friends party on Superbowl Sunday.

POLY LOVER

I watched the World Cup in the events center. Maybe they will have the same set up as they did for that. The had drinks and snacks and it was very comfortable, they had reclining chairs, sofas etc.

however it was noisy but it was also fun with all the cheering going on.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Ironically, you'll be spending nearly as much to watch the game in WDW as you would have to actually attend the game.

Gelatoni

I've been at Disney World thr last several years during the Super Bowl. inside the parks no one even mentions the game its kind of forgotten about in the parks

Amos1784

I mean ESPN zone you will still be able to listen to the game they will have the sound on. We watched the Blackhawks win the Cup there and had an amazing time and heard every word. Quiet no, fun yes. However, its going to be PACKED. Lounges are an OK alternative but typically the TV's are smaller so if you are OK with that not a bad idea.

I would suggest grabbing some pizza's, snacks, drinks and watching in your room. I have heard in the past that some hotels roll out the screens they use for movies and have played it by the pools however I don't know if this still currently happens.

Good Luck! You could always go off property to a Buffalo Wild Wings.

castlecake2.0

Most resort lounges and pool bars will have the game on along with ESPN Club. Sometimes I've seen extra TVs and seating set up outside the club for big events.

I like the bar lounge at The Wave at the Contemporay :)

ppete1975

I don't think he meant no noise, just being able to hear the game. I know there are times I go to watch a game somewhere and the sound is very light or even off and they have captions on. Its hard to get into a game that way. If you don't mind a slight delay you can always get the audio for the game on your phone there are several apps that will have it as well as several radio apps. So some ear buds and your phone then watch the game on big screens... personally id rather be riding rides but I love me some football as well!!

Bpmorley

I'm sure every bar/lounge/pool bar will have the game on. I would guess ESPN would be the best atmosphere. There used to be a sports pub in the wide world of sports complex, but not sure if it's still there. Off property, there are a few Miller ale houses around, 535 and 192, along with many bars just outside. We prefer Kitty o sheas on Palm PKY

riogirl

Original Poster
If you want to listen to the game go watch it in your room.

Seems counter intuitive that one would want to watch the Super Bowl with a room full of people yet have them be silent. I suppose watching it with a bunch of mute people would be the solution.

Are you serious with your rude response? Why bother to answer a question if you are going be rude. I never said silent and your comment about watching it with a "bunch of mute people" is offensive.

riogirl

Original Poster
I don't think he meant no noise, just being able to hear the game. I know there are times I go to watch a game somewhere and the sound is very light or even off and they have captions on. Its hard to get into a game that way. If you don't mind a slight delay you can always get the audio for the game on your phone there are several apps that will have it as well as several radio apps. So some ear buds and your phone then watch the game on big screens... personally id rather be riding rides but I love me some football as well!!

Thank you for your response.....some people are beyond rude. I am well aware that there is not a "silent" public place to watch the Superbowl and I know if I wanted silence to stay in my room ...my goodness

Bpmorley

Why would anyone pay Disney prices to waste 2-3 hours watching disrespectfull, overpayed, spoiled jocks. To each his own

I'm with you on this one. But I just wanted to answer the question he asked. Once that guy kneeled in SF I was done. Disrespect to me and all other vets. I agree with his right to protest peacefully, but wrong time. And now it's just the fad.

Bpmorley

Are you serious with your rude response? Why bother to answer a question if you are going be rude. I never said silent and your comment about watching it with a "bunch of mute people" is offensive.

I'm hoping that was meant in a joking manner.

nickys

Premium Member
We saw some of it at Martha's Vineyard at BC. It's a small lounge and tends to be quiet, maybe because it's away from the lobby and tucked away (keep walking from Cape May towards Beaches & Cream, it's up a few steps before you come outside).

John park hopper

I'm with you on this one. But I just wanted to answer the question he asked. Once that guy kneeled in SF I was done. Disrespect to me and all other vets. I agree with his right to protest peacefully, but wrong time. And now it's just the fad.
Also as a Vietnam vet when you disrespect the flag and all those who have fought for it sorry ----totally done with the NFL -- forever

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom