Sunshine Flyer reduced prices, should we switch from TownCar

MattH20

Original Poster
Hi,

We noticed that the price for sunshine flyer seems to have dropped.

Originally we were looking at the cost for a family of four and decided there wasn’t much difference for a round trip between mears, sunshine and organising a private towncar. We went with the towncar as we figured the small extra cost was worth it for the pit stop at the grocery store and the quickest way to get from the plane to the parks.

We always felt the coach transfer services we uncompetitive but it now looks like £64 for a round trip on sunshine flyer vs c.£200 round trip for towncar. Should we swap? Will we regret it? I wonder if the new coach services are struggling to get the take up?

Thanks

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Hi,

Originally we were looking at the cost for a family of four and decided there wasn’t much difference for a round trip between mears, sunshine and organising a private towncar. We went with the towncar as we figured the small extra cost was worth it for the pit stop at the grocery store and the quickest way to get from the plane to the parks.

We always felt the coach transfer services we uncompetitive but it now looks like £64 for a round trip on sunshine flyer vs c.£200 round trip for towncar. Should we swap? Will we regret it? I wonder if the new coach services are struggling to get the take up?

Thanks

Well, they don't reduce prices out of the goodness of their hearts, it's to gain market share.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hi,

Thanks
I'd say it all comes down to how much time you want to save and how important the grocery store stop is. If you're going to make a grocery run you may want to check out the cost vs having the items delivered from Instacart, Amazon etc..

jaklgreen

I used magical express since it came out. But now that this type of service costs money, I know use a private town car service. If I have to pay, then I am going to be met at luggage claim and walked right to the waiting car. If I were you, I would just leave it. You had already budgeted it for your trip and you will be happy with how fast you will get to the resort compared to the shuttle service.

MattH20

Original Poster
I used magical express since it came out. But now that this type of service costs money, I know use a private town car service. If I have to pay, then I am going to be met at luggage claim and walked right to the waiting car. If I were you, I would just leave it. You had already budgeted it for your trip and you will be happy with how fast you will get to the resort compared to the shuttle service.
Thanks, yes that’s kind of where I’m at

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom