summer time water park crowds ?

jimbojones

I have not been to one of the water parks in at least 20 years and want to visit both this August. What can I expect in terms of crowds? Crowd conversations tend to center on the main theme parks lately and have me nervous about water park crowds as well. I assume weekdays are better days for the waterpark crowds?
thanks

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Weekdays do tend to be better, but the water parks do get crowded in the summer regardless.

The best thing we have found to do is get to the parks before opening. This will allow you to ride the more popular slides with minimal wait for the first hour or so. You can then switch over to things like the wave pool, lazy river, etc when the crowds begin to pick up.

If you have the extra cash,renting a cabana or an umbrella is a good option as well.

https://blog.touringplans.com/2015/06/09/typhoon-lagoon-cabanas-mixing-luxury-fun/

Upvote 0

jimbojones

Original Poster
Weekdays do tend to be better, but the water parks do get crowded in the summer regardless.

The best thing we have found to do is get to the parks before opening. This will allow you to ride the more popular slides with minimal wait for the first hour or so. You can then switch over to things like the wave pool, lazy river, etc when the crowds begin to pick up.

If you have the extra cash,renting a cabana or an umbrella is a good option as well.

https://blog.touringplans.com/2015/06/09/typhoon-lagoon-cabanas-mixing-luxury-fun/
This was what I was hoping would work. Arrive for opening and spend a few hours in the AM before going for an afternoon to one of the theme parks.
thanks

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This was what I was hoping would work. Arrive for opening and spend a few hours in the AM before going for an afternoon to one of the theme parks.
thanks
That is our typical MO.

We are not the sit around and relax types so we tend to get bored once we have done it all at the water parks. We head back to the room to shower and change and then either head to a park or an evening out at Disney Springs.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom