Summer Nightastic TV ad - why oh why

STGRhost

It really didn't bother me. It's a short spot and it's edited with such fast cuts, plus it's so cartoony and cheesey...I dunno. I don't know how the average guest would recognize that those are the wrong rides or parks. Heck, I worked at WDW and I didn't realize some of it was wrong. No one had any trouble with the cartoon characters and real people together, though? That actually bothered me more. :shrug:

hpyhnt 1000

Except for not using the DHS Tower of Terror, everything else really doesn't bother me. But I really can't think of an excuse for using DCA's Tower... how lazy and cheap can you be? :brick:

Cmdr_Crimson

So they took the short road out and just doing what Six Flags does for there parks slaps everything together and makes you think it's your hometown park...That's a whole load of FAIL if you ask me..

magicmaya

Now, that commercial jingle's been stuck in my head ALLLLL day! All I can here is "I WANNA GO...I WANNA GO!!!" I'm starting to like it! :lol:

kingslyZISSOU

Well where did the character animation come from? If it's from Disneyland's campaign of the same name from last summer, I could understand why they would just re-use things from the west coast.

It seems like really stupid marketing to not have images of our tower of terror. All the other ones are hard to catch unless you're a frequent visitor. It's one of the most recognizable pieces of Disney architecture, and it's a corner stone of the marketing campaign. That might really confuse people... "Wow the re-imagining looks like a completely different ride!"

TP2000

Now, that commercial jingle's been stuck in my head ALLLLL day! All I can here is "I WANNA GO...I WANNA GO!!!" I'm starting to like it! :lol:

That's the point of a good jingle. It's being used in SoCal for Disneyland all over the place, but without as much talking over the song, and everyone is whistling it here.

wendysmom

That old commercial was one of our favorites, too. What I remember most was getting off the monorail at the GF to wander around and having the very gentleman who was in the commercial great us! Very magical!

SeanC

Only Murphy bugs me. U can ride a version of everything else, see fire works, msep, etc. But u can't see Murphy. The rest is pixie dust.

imagineer boy

Whoever edited that commercial must not know anything about the parks. How hard would it be to get WDW's tower footage and use it in the commercial? :brick: There's tons of it out there!

hpyhnt 1000

I dunno... there's always creepy winking Mickey...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwEMmc9n2Ss&NR=1

*shrug*

Creepy winking Mickey aside (I personally think its kinda cute), THAT is what a Walt Disney World commercial should look like. It included every park, not just the Magic Kingdom. The attactions and shows were actually WDWs, not Disneylands. The resort hotels are shown, and other activities like golfing, boating, and water sking are depicted, reinforcing the idea that WDW is a VACATION Kingdom, not just the Magic Kingdom. Throw in the smiling CMs and the original twist on "Be Our Guest" and you have a commercial that is heads above anything Disney has put out in the last decade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom