Summer House on the Lake coming to Disney Springs in 2023

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Concept art from the Summer House Instagram -

IMG_865D6B40B978-1.jpeg

Turtlekrawl

"The secret is out! Summer House on the Lake is making its DISNEY SPRINGS debut in 2023. More information coming soon!"

I’ve been to both Summer House and Beatrix. Personally prefer the latter a bit, but this will still be a nice addition to the west side.

WDWFanRay

Having been born in and lived in SoCal for 40 years, I can report that SoCal’s idea of what tastes good is worlds apart from the South. Maybe it will work because it’s different, but then again….

eddie104

Having been born in and lived in SoCal for 40 years, I can report that SoCal’s idea of what tastes good is worlds apart from the South. Maybe it will work because it’s different, but then again….
While this may be true this is not just going to cater to people from the South but worldwide.

WDWFanRay

While this may be true this is not just going to cater to people from the South but worldwide
70% of WDW traffic are locals or from within 300 miles. Southern food is on a whole other level, compared to SoCal with better ingredients and typically better tasting. And again, this comes from a person born and raised in SoCal and lived there 40+ years. SoCal does some things better than the south, food ain’t one of them. But I do wish them the best.

eddie104

70% of WDW traffic are locals or from within 300 miles. Southern food is on a whole other level, compared to SoCal with better ingredients and typically better tasting. And again, this comes from a person born and raised in SoCal and lived there 40+ years. SoCal does some things better than the south, food ain’t one of them. But I do wish them the best.
Oh wow I didn’t know that such a huge percentage of WDW traffic is locals.

Where did you find that information because I would like to see it ?

WDWFanRay

Oh wow I didn’t know that such a huge percentage of WDW traffic is locals.

Where did you find that information because I would like to see it ?
During a quarterly earnings conference call in 2020, Bob Chapek stated that 50% of the guests to WDW are locals and then another 20% aren’t locals, but are within 300 miles. The remainder are from farther away than 300 miles. (One demographic research website states that as of 2020 72.43% of visitors homes were within 300 miles of the parks)

Last edited:

Rosso11

During a quarterly earnings conference call in 2020, Bob Chapek stated that 50% of the guests to WDW are locals and then another 20% aren’t locals, but are within 300 miles. The remainder are from farther away than 300 miles. (One demographic research website states that as of 2020 72.43% of visitors homes were within 300 miles of the parks)
Just curious do you know what it is normally because if I remember correctly that was during the height of covid? It should be very different under normal circumstances but I do believe Springs has a higher percentage of locals overall compared to the parks.

Aurorafan

Just curious do you know what it is normally because if I remember correctly that was during the height of covid? It should be very different under normal circumstances but I do believe Springs has a higher percentage of locals overall compared to the parks.
If those were numbers from a 2020 call, then they were about normal times as he would have been reporting about 2019, right?

ETA: Well, I guess it depends on the quarter come to think of it.

Obobru

If those were numbers from a 2020 call, then they were about normal times as he would have been reporting about 2019, right?

ETA: Well, I guess it depends on the quarter come to think of it.
Can't find a source for what you are stating by in 2018 Disney stated 18-22% of visitors are international so your figures don't add up as that would indicate no one from any other part of the US beyond 300 miles visited the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom