Summer College Program?

Belle_kg

Original Poster
For all of you who may know this answer.....I really want to do the College Program, but because of the TOPS scholarship program in Louisiana, it would be really really really really hard for me to take a semester off to work in Disney. My question is: Do they have a summer semester program? I would really love to do this, but the summer is the only time that is reasonable for me! Thanks!

Goofette

Hi turkey leg boy. I just noticed where you are from. Do you know where Branson Missouri is? I live between there and Springfield. We drive through Batesville occasionally.

Missouri Mom:sohappy:

Lhriangel

Last I heard the summer program was still open to anyone. Where did you get the info that it was only avalible to alumni? *is curious about this*

If you want to know for SURE I suggest you call the number you can find on the www.wdwcollegeprogram.com website. I've had tech support tell me multiple times that if you have a question ALWAYS ask the official search just in case...

*hopes she's not ruffling anyone's feathers here but wants you to have the right information.*

TURKEY

According to my recruiter and others, the summer is open to alumni only. I suppose if there weren't enough alumni to fill the limited number of spaces allotted then others could be opened up. I highly doubt that space would be available for non-alumni.

I have searched the CP website and have not found any information on a summer program.

The summer program is about 2 months. Its basically the time when spring leaves until fall/fall advantage start arriving. That's not a lot of time to go through traditions, training, etc. for such a small amount of time.

These reasons lead me to believe that there is no program for new CP's.

Invero

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
There is a summer program. Unfortunately it is only available to alumni from the program. Sorry.

Actually... it is open to anyone... it is extremely hard to get into for alumni, and even harder for new CPs. However... it is possible, as we've had brand new CPs come into my department for the Summer semester.

Belle_kg

Original Poster
Thanks for ya'll responses! My college has it's info meeting in the beginning of April. I'll be going to it just to find out whatever I can...hopefully I'll get some good news about the summer...but i'm not holding my breath!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom