Summer 2023 cruise dates release?

Indy_UK

Original Poster
I can see early 2023 dates through May are available but when are DCL likely to release their next dates covering August 2023

Looking to book our first cruise but interested to see if they end up moving the magic back over to Dover

DisKid

Since they haven't released them as of the end of February, look for them to release the schedule sometime in the middle of March.
Here is a link to past itinerary announcements from the Disney Cruise Line Blog web site:.
https://disneycruiselineblog.com/cruise-planning/itineraries/itinerary-announcement-history/

As for the Magic returning to Dover, I think that is a pretty good bet.
Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I know the plans are for the Wish to do the sailings the Dream currently does,
probably the Fantasy to stay on it's current sailings and the Dream to start sailing out of Miami, the Wonder to continue on the west coast, and the Magic to sail in Europe.

Saraconniematt

Doesn't seem like they are in a rush at all
We are also waiting to book our wdw holiday for summer 2023 but need cruise dates before we can book anything else!! My hubby works for the cruise industry and he says they are delaying release to try and alleviate any issues re having to them change dates due to changes in covid rules etc 🤦‍♀️

DisKid

Looks like I was wrong about the Magic staying in Europe for 2023.
They have just released some summer 2023 sailings and the Dream is going to Europe and sailing out of South Hampton!
This make sense as the Magic seems to book full very quickly on certain itineraries and it gives Disney a bigger ship there.

Indy_UK

Original Poster
Got excited about the Southampton one as it’s only a couple of hours drive from me but they are only doing 2 of them.

We planed to go to Orlando anyway August 23 so I’ll see what ones they have from Port Canaveral instead

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
  • Platinum Castaway Club Members, Golden Oak and Club 33 Members: Monday, May 2, 2022
  • Gold Castaway Club Members: Tuesday, May 3, 2022
  • Silver Castaway Club Members, Disney Vacation Club and Adventure Insiders: Thursday, May 5, 2022
  • Bookings open to all Guests: Monday, May 9, 2022

Indy_UK

Original Poster
Booked a 4 night from Miami on the magic, using DVC Rental store and their cruise swap program.

First time on a cruise and staying in a Verandah room. Super excited

RememberWhen

Booked a 4 night from Miami on the magic, using DVC Rental store and their cruise swap program.

First time on a cruise and staying in a Verandah room. Super excited
Awesome! Was the process reasonable? I haven’t looked into that as a real option. We’ve got a few trips coming up then a planned break from Disney parks for a couple years, but we’ll need to do something with the points.

Indy_UK

Original Poster
Awesome! Was the process reasonable? I haven’t looked into that as a real option. We’ve got a few trips coming up then a planned break from Disney parks for a couple years, but we’ll need to do something with the points.

On the surface, looks like it’s going to work well for us.

Being from the UK, usually you have to pay Tax when renting out points but if you do either the Cruise Swap or Galactic Starcruiser then you don’t pay any as the money essentially stays in the US.

The cruise costed us 171 points for the 4 nights Verandah room(2 adults and 1 child)

We were matched with someone who wanted an AKV grand villa for 2 nights at 168 points. They’ve paid 75% of it up front and that’s been applied to the cruise. The rest is paid once they check in.

When we worked out the cost compared to booking the cruise in the UK as normal it was actually going to cost about $120 more than renting out so where we have a good amount of points each year. We feel it’s an option that we will use again because we don’t want to do WDW all the time

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom