Sum of All Thrills at Innoventions Begins Cast Previews--Report

EPCOTPluto

I am real surprised the Innoventions website has not been updated with this.
Maybe it would be a day before it opens, so that it can be tested for the online track experience, hence:

Captain Hank said:
As an added little bonus, you get to keep the card you're given. I'm told you can go to the attraction's website and enter the code on the card to upload your track design online. I was also told that eventually you'll be able to tweak your design online, then come directly back to the attraction and ride your creation without going through the drafting process.

dxwwf3

Sounds like I have reason to go into Innoventions again besides just taking a break from the heat. Can't wait to see this.

IcicleM

Raytheon has office here in my neighborhood, Fulton, MD, in Maple Lawn. All I knew was that they dealt with a lot of weaponry but I didn't know exactly what else they dabbled in

sillyspook13

We attended the cast preview today (well... yesterday) and I have returned with pictures and video! (And yes, I had full permission from management to take said pictures and video.) I'll upload them soon.:)

sillyspook13

Since the full report has already been posted I won't bore you by repeating the details.

Pictures!!!
IMG_0323.jpg

Some attractions have hidden Mickeys. Others have hidden Pokemon!
IMG_0317.jpg

The design stations are similar to the ones at Cyberspace Mountain.
IMG_0311.jpg

The design stations were set up as what you might expect an engineer's work station to look like. One even had a baby Kuka arm!
IMG_0312.jpg

This made us LOL...
IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

sillyspook13

Now on to the videos!

The first shows a little bit of the design process. It's a lot like Cuberspace Mountain (down to the crash test robot who tests your ride), but this has the added bonus that you get to control the height and speed of your ride elements. What happens if you're traveling too fast or slow?
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/sillyspook13/?action=view&current=MVI_0318.flv

The second clip features a cameo appearance from WDWMagic's very own Krankenstein. Here we can see him on the ride (looks like fun!). Also you can see a bit of the live video feed of the sheer terror on his face as he conquers the GRAVITY SNAKE!!! (You can name your ride. Nobody said the choices were any good...)
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/sillyspook13/?action=view&current=MVI_0316.flv

raven

Since the full report has already been posted I won't bore you by repeating the details.

Pictures!!!
IMG_0323.jpg

Some attractions have hidden Mickeys. Others have hidden Pokemon!
IMG_0317.jpg

The design stations are similar to the ones at Cyberspace Mountain.
IMG_0311.jpg

The design stations were set up as what you might expect an engineer's work station to look like. One even had a baby Kuka arm!
IMG_0312.jpg

This made us LOL...
IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

:eek:!!! You took pictures and videos during a private cast-only preview and posted them on a public site before it's due to open!!! :lookaroun At least say that you got them from someone else. Be VERY careful.

rct247

I had the opportunity to check this new addition out today as well. I rode it about 4 times to get a feel for it.

It is a very welcome addition! I really enjoyed it! Captain Hank covered the details very well. I did the Jet course for most of my rides, except I did the roller coaster course once. I found that even though the roller coaster course is listed "less intense" than the jet course, there isn't much difference depending on how you design your ride. I was able to choose 3 inversions on both coaster and jet for an equally great experience.

The graphics are really smooth and seamless as mentioned before. The video screen pull downs have some room in them and air is pumped into them to help. Another friend rode who doesn't ride Mission: Space due to motion sickness and found that this really wasn't too bad, including the inversions.

The feet dangling makes it much better than your typical "build your own coaster" rides like at Disney Quest. The seat was comfortable, but also a little tight. Larger guests may feel a little squashed, and watch the overhead harness. For us guys, it can put a little bit of pressure on the family jewels when the cast member lowers it and locks it in place.

As far as designing actually goes, it was very easy to design your own ride. The instructions are easy, the time limit is sufficient, and there are cast members there to help you. You are able to re-ride your creations if you keep the card, but you can't edit it at the design table once you created it (as far as I know). Best thing you can do is push the height and speed to the max limit they allow and get it to work in order to make it really thrilling. The ride option choices and order seemed to be slightly different each time. I found that the "Top Hat" is one of my favorite moves. It basically takes you over a giant straight up, straight down hill (no inversion).

It's going to be popular. It will be interested to see how well it does with crowds. While we were there, they were perfecting the system still. Some ride stations did go down occasionally. There are 1 preshow room, 8 design stations (maybe 9), and 4 ride stations.

SoccerMickey

I think its exciting that nothing has gained this much excitement in Innoventions since they had the Imagineers Labs and got to preview DisneyQuest Aladdin Carpets when they first opened!

Disneyson 1

I love how they're basically taking the mechanism for Harry Potter's ride in IoA and exploiting the magic for all to see. They single handedly killed the "magic" for both IoA's ride and the wand device (KPWSA) in one theme park! How's that for business strategy?

jt04

Thanks for the pics. Excellent job on the signage! Very Epcot, looks great and a sure hit.

Way To Go TDO! :sohappy:

beefog

Sounds great, but question for you, at disney quest I spent the tiem to design a cyberspave mountain ride and when I got to the simulator they could not lock me in, my shoulders and chest got in the way, now I am not a small gut 6'4 300 lbs but it wasn't the gut that got in the way, how are these things, enough room for me or will it be another bust?

krankenstein

HA! There's the problem. They don't have that authority, it's still in the hands of the Imagineers until Wednesday. But at least now you have an excuse.

Funny, we stood and talked to the lead Imagineer on the project for awhile, he had no problems with us taking the pictures or videos either. :shrug:

Edit: A few of my photos:

DSCN3163.jpg

DSCN3164.jpg

DSCN3165.jpg

Lastly, another video featuring the lovely sillyspook13 and loweyan.

http://s881.photobucket.com/albums/ac14/Krankenstein381_/?action=view&current=DSCN3166.flv

EpcotServo

Still looks like a blast.

Which are the hidden Pokemon though? One looks like Bulbasaur from behind, but the others look like some of the crazier new ones.
:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom