Suite at AoA or Royal Room at POR

DisneyWishesandDreams

Original Poster
Hi! Next time we go to Disney my kids will be 5 (girl) and 3 (boy) and I am torn between a Nemo Suite at AoA or the Royal Rooms at POR.

My daughter loves a BIG theme, so I feel like she would love AoA but I am not interested in the walk to the LM and the cost of the suites is pretty high. We plan on doing a good amount of swimming and will have some down time in the resort. I love the pool at POFQ so like the idea of being able to walk over and maybe eat at Boatwrights.

My family loves being immersed in the Disney theme and really the decor of the values is more of their style, but I would love to try something a bit nicer. There is even a small part of me that feels we should just return to ASMovies!

cdeev8690

If your decision comes down to theming then I think AoA is the way to go. They have a terrific pool and walking around the different sections of the resort is a fun activity in and of itself.

BoarderPhreak

At AOA, the whole place is themed towards kids. At POR you'll just have the room (the grounds are more adult). An AOA suite is also, obviously, a suite - and also has a killer pool (the largest on property).

DisneyWishesandDreams

Original Poster
Have you considered Pop Century?

It is actually on our maybe list! I like the idea of being able to walk over to AoA and by the time we go, there should be a full reno.

I am not planning a trip until 2019 and my list is all over the place! Sometimes I have us staying is Movies and sometimes we are going theme park view in BLT! HAHAHA It will also depend on what time of year we can and of course, money, but I am doing some big daydreaming!

wagner1225

We have stayed at deluxe, moderate and others over the years, and staying at AOA suites did not seem to be of less value, we enjoyed it more than many others we have stayed, we have stayed twice now and really enjoyed it..

DisneyWishesandDreams

Original Poster
We have stayed at deluxe, moderate and others over the years, and staying at AOA suites did not seem to be of less value, we enjoyed it more than many others we have stayed, we have stayed twice now and really enjoyed it..

This is really good to know! I feel like my kids would really, really appreciate the over the top theme and I kind of love the idea of having a big room!

Sparksfly

My family loves AOA. Weve stayed in both the nemo and cars suites many times. The whole resort is very immersive and the pools are fantastic. My son wants to swim in every one during our stay. The walks to all the areas arent bad either and its nice to see all the theming along the way. Nemo is central to everything so it has the shortest walking distance and has the largest pool. You can also see the fireworks at Hollywood Studios from the nemo pool as well. The rooms are also very nice and spacious if thats important to you.

We are planning on staying in the royal rooms for a short stay were doing for the Halloween parties this year, but we have not stayed there as of yet so I dont have an opinion on those, but I feel AOA would be the better option.

Minnie Mum

The theming's great for kids at the values, and especially AoA, but for me the biggest plus of the family suites is the separate bedroom. Specifically for naps and bedtime . With a suite, the parents don't have to worry about lights or TV or even talking disturbing the kids. Worth the extra price IMO.

Another vote for AoA. Stayed in the Cars section last year, walk really not bad! The quiet pool there so cute, all songs playing over the speakers “road trip” themed, made me smile. And I forgot about the music playing underwater at the big pool! Trippy when I heard it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom