Suggestions on Lagoon View room at the Poly!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Hey guys and gals! My sister and I just booked a lagoon view room at the Poly for the night of Sept 7. We are staying the night before a cruise on the Dream. We've never stayed here before so we're not really sure which buildings have lagoon view rooms. I know Tahiti, Tuvalu and Aoteroa have them but are there any other buildings with lagoon view rooms? And which building should we request? Most of our day will be spent by the pool/beach and then we will be taking the monorail to Epcot for an ADR around 5pm. So Tahiti would be good in the sense that it's close to the TTC but it seems a good distance away from GCH. Any reviews of the different buildings and rooms would be appreciated! Thanks! :)

jesemeca

Unfortunately, I'm not gonna be any help with the building/room situation at the Poly. I just had to come here and say that we will be eating at Kona for breakfast that morning (my first time at Kona) and we will be in Epcot after 5. We should so all meet up for a pre cruise drinky drink!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Hey guys and gals! My sister and I just booked a lagoon view room at the Poly for the night of Sept 7. We are staying the night before a cruise on the Dream. We've never stayed here before so we're not really sure which buildings have lagoon view rooms. I know Tahiti, Tuvalu and Aoteroa have them but are there any other buildings with lagoon view rooms? And which building should we request? Most of our day will be spent by the pool/beach and then we will be taking the monorail to Epcot for an ADR around 5pm. So Tahiti would be good in the sense that it's close to the TTC but it seems a good distance away from GCH. Any reviews of the different buildings and rooms would be appreciated! Thanks! :)

The only other building with lagoon view rooms is Hawaii, which is club level. Tahiti is probably the best option for your stay, as both Aeoteroa and Tuvalu are very far from the TTC and about as far from the GCH as Tahiti. Tahiti is convenient to both pools; to get to the main pool simply walk the pretty path next to the beach. Rooms in that building are also a tad larger than the others, as it was built during the Poly expansion. As much as I love Tuvalu :) it is a remote location.

mpeters

I would say Tahiti is the best option as well. The TTC is NOT a far walk at all and neither is the GCH. It is perfectly in the middle. If you have never stayed at the POLY before, don't trust the way the map looks. It is actually much closer than you think. Great choice of hotel btw!!! Love it there.

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
The only other building with lagoon view rooms is Hawaii, which is club level. Tahiti is probably the best option for your stay, as both Aeoteroa and Tuvalu are very far from the TTC and about as far from the GCH as Tahiti. Tahiti is convenient to both pools; to get to the main pool simply walk the pretty path next to the beach. Rooms in that building are also a tad larger than the others, as it was built during the Poly expansion. As much as I love Tuvalu :) it is a remote location.

I would say Tahiti is the best option as well. The TTC is NOT a far walk at all and neither is the GCH. It is perfectly in the middle. If you have never stayed at the POLY before, don't trust the way the map looks. It is actually much closer than you think. Great choice of hotel btw!!! Love it there.

Thanks for the input :) I think we will go ahead and request a room in Tahiti. the Poly is absolutely gorgeous and we always visit at elast once a trip for dinner at Ohana. Finally we are able to splurge, even if it is only for one night!

luv

Tahiti is a hop, skip and a jump from the TTC.

Tuvalu is far and away my favorite, though. Depends on what what people like...and Tuvalu has a lot of what I like. :D

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Tahiti is a hop, skip and a jump from the TTC.

Tuvalu is far and away my favorite, though. Depends on what what people like...and Tuvalu has a lot of what I like. :D

I know Tuvalu has that quiet little beach next to it and Tahiti has a nice beach in front of it, as well. I think at the night of the night our weary bodies would like to be clsoer to the TTC lol :D

Polydweller

Tahiti would be the one I'd suggest. Very nice views in bigger rooms and balconies on both 2nd floor (which the others don't have). Beautiful views of Wishes and the Electric Water Pageant from your balcony.

However, don't be put off with people saying a building is very far away, choose the building you want. The walking time from east side (TTC entrance) to the west side (aloha cove) is 5-7 minutes at normal walking rates. Measured it many times with a GPS. It just feels longer due to clever layout and grounds keeping.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom