Suggestions for Dinner on Valentines Day

angela02

Original Poster
We are going on a couples only trip and need suggestions for a nice dinner for Valentines Day. We are on the dinning plan and prefer to only use one table service credit but may consider canceling another dinner to do Signature. Right now we have Edison reserved for that evening but think we want to change it. We ate there in July and while it was okay the experience was not that great nor was the food. Recent reviews from a Disney foodie group I am in are not good which gives us more reason to cancel. Any suggestions?

NiarrNDisney

I would guess you would want someplace romantic or at least a place with a more adult feel. I personaqlly would not want to get dressed up and then have to schlep back to the park so I based my choices on places that are found in Disney Springs and the Resorts. That being said how about:

__1 TS Credit__
Ale and Compass (YCR)
Enzo's Hideaway (DS-L)
Maria and Enzo's (DS-L)
Terralina Crafted Italian (DS-L)
Trattoria al Forno (BWR)
Wine Bar George (DS-L)
Wave (CR)

Otherwise if you do plan to save a credit and go big I would go with:

__2 TS Credit__

California Grill (CR)
Flying Fish (BWR)
Morimoto Asia (DS-L)
Narcoossee's (GFR)
Paddlefish (DS-L)
Yachtsman Steakhouse (YCR)

Last edited:

imsosarah

We are going on a couples only trip and need suggestions for a nice dinner for Valentines Day. We are on the dinning plan and prefer to only use one table service credit but may consider canceling another dinner to do Signature. Right now we have Edison reserved for that evening but think we want to change it. We ate there in July and while it was okay the experience was not that great nor was the food. Recent reviews from a Disney foodie group I am in are not good which gives us more reason to cancel. Any suggestions?

Just an FYI - You can always use 2 of your dining plans for one of you and pay cash for the other person...run the numbers vs paying cash for the other one anyway.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
There's always Victoria & Albert's...

But I would suggest any of the signatures at the deluxe resorts or the top restaurants at WS.

Chi84

Premium Member
My first suggestion would be to use the two credits and go to California Grill. For one credit, I would suggest Terralina Crafted Italian in Disney Springs - great service and very good food. Cali Grill has a much more romantic atmosphere, but Terralina is very pretty.

I would stay away from park restaurants, with the possible exception of those in Epcot's World Showcase. Magic Kingdom restaurants are the worst if you're looking for a romantic atmosphere - they are almost always filled with overtired kids and none of them have good food.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Tony's Town Square in the Magic Kingdom. Think about it, Lady and the Tramp, Valentine's Day, perfect fit! Plus you'd be right in the park so you can see the fireworks after.
Coming soon, to Tony's Town Square Restaurant, the Disney Bella Notte Dining Experience. You and your special someone dine in opulent splendor, with tableside service including appetizer for two, two entrees, two desserts and unlimited non-alcoholic beverages. Strolling minstrels and a special Disney's Lady And The Tramp-themed two-tiered cupcake complete your special Valentine's Day dinner in the Magic Kingdom! Available only during the four months surrounding Valentine's Day. $149.99, theme park admission required. Guests must be 21 years of age to order alcoholic beverages.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Coming soon, to Tony's Town Square Restaurant, the Disney Bella Notte Dining Experience. You and your special someone dine in opulent splendor, with tableside service including appetizer for two, two entrees, two desserts and unlimited non-alcoholic beverages. Strolling minstrels and a special Disney's Lady And The Tramp-themed two-tiered cupcake complete your special Valentine's Day dinner in the Magic Kingdom! Available only during the four months surrounding Valentine's Day. $149.99, theme park admission required. Guests must be 21 years of age to order alcoholic beverages.

$150 to eat at Tony's?? Pass.

OneofThree

The biggest problem I have with booking Disney restaurants for special occasions is that the vast majority are terribly inconsistent (V&A aside). In my experience, the Swan & Dolphin restaurants are far more reliable than the Disney-operated locations. Of the Disney restaurants, there have been a few which stand apart as being more consistent -Flying Fish, Citricos, and Jiko.

Hockey89

The biggest problem I have with booking Disney restaurants for special occasions is that the vast majority are terribly inconsistent (V&A aside). In my experience, the Swan & Dolphin restaurants are far more reliable than the Disney-operated locations. Of the Disney restaurants, there have been a few which stand apart as being more consistent -Flying Fish, Citricos, and Jiko.
I have been to V&A Victoria room 7-8 times... Every time was amazing until this past summer... Waitress was horrid and should be at Olive Garden and the food was good.... Nothing special compared to past trips... Hoping it was a major off night and not things to come...

Capa was amazing....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom