Suggestions for a Very Low Salt Diet

DisneyDaver

Original Poster
My parents are joining my wife and I (and our kids who will be 3.5 y/o and 1 y/o) for a WDW trip in November. My Dad must keep his salt intake very low so a typical dinner for him is a plain piece of fish, a plain steamed vegetable and a plain carb. When we went without babies/toddlers in the past, we would go back to a resort for dinner and all the resort table service restaurants were great in terms of accommodating him. With early bedtimes now to deal with, I would prefer not to spend all that time traveling/eating. Are there any places in the parks (other than Epcot) that you think are worth investigating further? I was thinking Rainforest Cafe may be a good option while at AK.

JIMINYCR

Disney is great about accommodating guests with dietary needs. All the dining areas can adjust their food prep for you. Notify your CM server of his needs when they come to your table and introduce themselves. My DW has issues with her diet and always asks for selections served plain with no toppings or sauces and they always get it right. Sometimes the chef will come out to the table and speak directly to her to ensure he does it the way she wants it or offers her other options.

jaklgreen

Contact Disney Dining and ask them what would be best. Chances are they will note it on the reservation and tell you to tell the servers before you order. I don't see a problem at the sit down restaurants but the counter service ones will be an issue since most of that stuff is pre-made and slapped together. Rainforest Cafe is not owned by Disney so you I would contact them separately just to make sure.

DisneyPrincess5

I’m not sure what his preferences are besides the need he has, but most restaurants offer some sort of salad offering and they will accommodate anything he needs including making him his own dish of foods and ingredients he can have. You’re better off at table service spots as I’d imagine the chef(s) have more resources to be creative with.

drwadadli

All the restaurants (table-service and quick-service) are very accommodating when it comes to restrictions (including salt) so just ask at all the restaurants

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom