Suggestion for seafood in Epcot?

zurgandfriend

The Blue Zoo, Flying Fish or Paddlefish are all good seafood restaurants. I have not been to the Nine Dragons for years so I can't really comment on it.

cmb5002

Any suggestions for seafood in Epcot.
Also how’s the food at the sit down restaurant in the China Pavilion...nine dragons

Nine Dragons is equivalent to your local, sit-down Chinese Restaurant. And the theming really isn't that special either. Save your money and go elsewhere. It's the weakest of all the Showcase restaurants.

drwadadli

Any suggestions for seafood in Epcot.
Also how’s the food at the sit down restaurant in the China Pavilion...nine dragons
Coral Reef (though I wouldn't recommend it) is probably your best (using that word loosely) seafood restaurant in Epcot unless you were looking for Fish & Chips then I would recommend Rose & Crown over Yorkshire Fish Cart.

If you didn't mind leaving Epcot and walking to BoardWalk, then I would recommend Flying Fish.

Last edited:

HouCuseChickie

I know you want something in Epcot, but I'd consider leaving the park and going to one of the nearby Epcot resorts. I know it's not in the park, but I'd take Flying Fish any day over Coral Reef. You can either take the boat from the IG or a 5-10 min walk from that point depending on your pace.

Hockey89

I know you want something in Epcot, but I'd consider leaving the park and going to one of the nearby Epcot resorts. I know it's not in the park, but I'd take Flying Fish any day over Coral Reef. You can either take the boat from the IG or a 5-10 min walk from that point depending on your pace.
Agreed... Coral is a hard no for me.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Agreed... Coral is a hard no for me.
Don't know when you last went. We had lunch there two weeks ago today. The food was very good and had great service. In past trips, we have found it "meh" but since it had been a few years, we went and had a great meal.

Edit to add our food: I had the Charbroiled Octopus appetizer and Lobster Mac and Cheese. Wife had Lobster Bisque appetizer and the Shrimp and Grits. Daughter had Lobster Mac and Son had the Salmon.

OneofThree

My suggestion would be -don't do it. For the price you'd pay at Coral Reef for what amounts to passable (sometimes not), you're at least approaching a very good meal at Flying Fish, and a some great seafood at Bluezoo.

Hockey89

My suggestion would be -don't do it. For the price you'd pay at Coral Reef for what amounts to passable (sometimes not), you're at least approaching a very good meal at Flying Fish, and a some great seafood at Bluezoo.
Agreed completely.... Coral is not in the same class as either....

zurgandfriend

lol...I agree that those are all good seafood restaurants but the OP did ask for seafood restaurants in Epcot and none that you listed are IN Epcot.

Details, details, I would rather walk out the back gate to visit Flying Fish or Blue Zoo than eat at Coral Reef and I threw Paddlefish in for the heck of it.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

I can get you very CLOSE to EPCOT.... but not IN EPCOT.
As others have mentioned - best bet is boat at the IG. This will get you to some GREAT Seafood Restaurants.

Like FISH-fish? (fish with scales)... Probably Flying Fish at the Boardwalk Villas. but SHELLfish offerings are a little slim :(.
Like SHELL-fish? (Lobster, muscles, etc)... I would suggest Shula's at the Dolphin. Lobster to die for. STILL trying to get them to offer great CRAB :(.

JIMINYCR

Agree that Nine Dragons should be avoided. Of all the dining we had at EP, it was considered our least favorite. Weve dined there in the past and havent been thrilled, but had read reviews that it had gotten better recently. We gave it another try in May and was again disappointed. We also prefer to leave EP for better seafood dining.

Mickey5150

Coral Reef isn't necessarily a bad restaurant but you are definitely paying extra to be in Epcot and to have an aquarium next to your table. It's like a character meal except with fish, you're not really paying for the food but the entertainment. Epcot has 3 counter service restaurants that I love for seafood. Fried shrimp at Liberty Inn, fish and chips at Yorkshire County Fish Shop and the garlic shrimp at Katsura Grill are all good seafood options.

I would do Flying Fish as well, and its very close to Epcot youll just walk out the back or take the boat over to the boardwalk, then you can always take it back to Epcot after you eat!

worldfanatic

The Blue Zoo, Flying Fish or Paddlefish are all good seafood restaurants. I have not been to the Nine Dragons for years so I can't really comment on it.
The OP asked asked about seafood in Epcot.

Why on earth would you immediately comment with this?

Is it really that hard to just keep your fingers off the keyboard?

zurgandfriend

The OP asked asked about seafood in Epcot.

Why on earth would you immediately comment with this?

Is it really that hard to just keep your fingers off the keyboard?

Yes, I just cannot keep my fingers off my keyboard. It must be that I am bored being semi-retired after 35 years in the Army defending the self-righteous. I promise to continue to attempt to achieve perfection like others on these boards. Of course as I responded previously, Blue Zoo and Flying Fish are right behind Epcot, and I believe much better options than any actually in Epcot. I threw Paddlefish in for the heck of it, foolish me.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Yes, I just cannot keep my fingers off my keyboard. It must be that I am bored being semi-retired after 35 years in the Army defending the self-righteous. I promise to continue to attempt to achieve perfection like others on these boards. Of course as I responded previously, Blue Zoo and Flying Fish are right behind Epcot, and I believe much better options than any actually in Epcot. I threw Paddlefish in for the heck of it, foolish me.

You see, YOUR sin, like mine, was thinking that you actually wanted the OP to find a good meal :). "What is the best Restaurant in the BAD part of (insert City)" sometimes requires a little thought, in the answer... :).

Perhaps we are BOTH fools. Perhaps best to say nothing at all... Seeing a LOT of that lately.

DisneyGigi

If you are in Epcot, it is not too much of a walk, to better choices- with that said, if you just want a ton of seafood, nothing fancy, but all you can eat- buffet (including Crab Legs) walk a smidgen of a bit to Cape May Cafe at the Boardwalk.
I honestly consider all of the Boardwalk dining to be at Epcot, it isn’t that far of a walk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom