Suggestion for Disney's proposed 5th park...

disneyWX

Original Poster
What if WDW created a park dedicated to the retro classics?? It could be divided into a retro themed Epcot and Magic Kingdom (with reinvented Horizons, 20K, Mr. Toad's, etc.) They could also have an all-day theater that showed all of the movies disney has hidden away in the vaults. :sohappy:

imo this Night Kingdom/Jungle Trek concept is not unique enough to design an entire park around. Most of the proposed attractions could easily be worked into an existing park... o idk, the Animal Kingdom maybe? :brick:

RSoxNo1

Although this has been discussed as a major fanboy "what if", it will never happen. For the most part, Disney replaces attractions for a reason, and while a park devoted entirely to these castoffs would appease as traditionalists, it would lack the mass appeal to make it justifiable.

An idea that has been mentioned that seems a bit more logical is to have virtual ride throughs of classic extinct attractions, it might make a good Disney Quest or Innoventions area.

As for Jungle Trek/Night Kingdom, the idea seems pretty much dead.

Tom Morrow

I'll never understand why so many people want a 5th park when there is still SO MUCH room for improvement at DHS and DAK... heck, even Epcot.

WDW1974

I'll never understand why so many people want a 5th park when there is still SO MUCH room for improvement at DHS and DAK... heck, even Epcot.

How about the disaster that is the MK?

Fanbois who want Disney to build a fifth park truly don't get it ... and they likely (whether they realize it or not) are bored, tired and/or disatisfied with the current park offerings.

It doesn't matter because a fifth park ain't happening (likely ever), but it never ceases to amaze me that these threads pop up regularly.

Oh, and Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there in MAGICland.

ProjectXBlog

If I ruled the World, I'd totally have an entire park devoted to any attractions related to established IP's. Got an idea for a Hannah Montana show? Throw it in the new park, don't stink up MGM Studios!

And! AND! Eventually, we could move all the synergy-based attractions *ahermSTITCHaherm* that are in the other parks. That way, everyone's happy! Disney gets to keep churning out garbage, and we get to avoid those ideas!

I think I'd make a great Disney Emperor.

Pioneer Hall

Disney removes attractions for a reason...they would never build a park that would appeal to the Disney enthusiast only. It would be a complete disaster if they did that.

The proposed Night Kingdom idea is not enough to be a full park on its own. That is why it isn't be proposed as a full day park. It is something that you will do for a few hours in the evening. I don't like the idea, but that is what they seem to be going for if they go through with this idea.

d1sn3y

When I worked at WDW there was always a rumor of a Villians park... it was to rival Islands of Adventure. I don't know if it was wishful thinking, or if it was based on any facts.

Fun thought though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom