Such a great story showing the Disney magic is still there!

becanya

Original Poster
This weekend I was at a bday party with my 3 yr old, and of course got to talking to the parents about WDW. Listen to this awesome story the dad told me....

They stayed at VWL for the first time and absolutely LOVED the experience, which made me happy since we will be arriving there in 17 days! :sohappy:

When they left, their little girl accidentally left her favorite bear in the villa. They called the resort and they said mousekeeping would look for it and ship it to them if they found it. That was the last they heard about it until 10 days later when a package arrived at their house...

Inside the package was the bear and a letter from the bear. The bear thanked the family for allowing him to stay an extra few days at Disneyworld, and said he had a blast exploring and getting in a little more relaxation. In the letter were 8-10 pictures of the bear at various places around Disneyworld. They said there was one pic of the bear at the pool with it's hands behind its head...kicking back in a lounge chair.

As is quite typical for me when I hear these stories, I totally teared up and acted like an idiot in front of a dad I had just met. But holy cow, how special and amazing is that? So Disney.

powlessfamily4

This weekend I was at a bday party with my 3 yr old, and of course got to talking to the parents about WDW. Listen to this awesome story the dad told me....

They stayed at VWL for the first time and absolutely LOVED the experience, which made me happy since we will be arriving there in 17 days! :sohappy:

When they left, their little girl accidentally left her favorite bear in the villa. They called the resort and they said mousekeeping would look for it and ship it to them if they found it. That was the last they heard about it until 10 days later when a package arrived at their house...

Inside the package was the bear and a letter from the bear. The bear thanked the family for allowing him to stay an extra few days at Disneyworld, and said he had a blast exploring and getting in a little more relaxation. In the letter were 8-10 pictures of the bear at various places around Disneyworld. They said there was one pic of the bear at the pool with it's hands behind its head...kicking back in a lounge chair.

As is quite typical for me when I hear these stories, I totally teared up and acted like an idiot in front of a dad I had just met. But holy cow, how special and amazing is that? So Disney.

That is an awesome story! Who cares if you teared up - it just means you <gasp> actually have a heart :)

WDWmazprty

Yes!

picture.php

Sloan

Excellent!!

I loved this story! Always nice to hear a reminder to reaffirm my love for Disney. The note was a nice gesture, but then to have really gone 'above-and-beyond' with the photos is pure Disney Magic!

I almost always travel to the World with a Goofy plush I adopted from Disney many, many trips ago, and am usually entertained by what he is up to upon my return to the room (my guests suggest that Mousekeeping must have been involved :lookaroun) but this goes way beyond perusing the Disney magazine or watching the Disney channel, remote in-hand ....

nitch

Great story that brought a smile right to my face :)

I wish there were more CMs in the World that did this sort of thing. Whoever did that is a hero.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom