Success using FP+ when it doesn't appear in "My Plans"?

Gomer

Original Poster
I know I read posts in the last couple weeks of people having the same problems I am. I did a couple of searches, but it’s a pretty specific topic so its like looking for a needle in a haystack.
The issue is:
You make FP+ Reservations, but when you change the time, some either duplicate and appear twice in one day or disappear entirely from your plans. They still exist on some level though, because if you try to change them you see that they exist in the “change” screen as if there is no problem.

So, my question to those of you out there. What have you done to fix this? I know from personal experience that most calls to MDE tech support seem to result in making problems worse. So, has anyone tried to fix the issue with support? Is it an easy fix? Or has anyone tried to use the FP+ reservations as is without them appearing in your plans. Does the system recognize them properly?

I’d probably just wing it and see what happens, but I’m looking at a missing FP+ for my son’s favorite ride on our last day. So, its something I’d rather not toy with. Just wondering if anyone could share their experiences with this particular glitch.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I had this happen to me. By the time my trip came around the problem had fixed it's self and everything showed up fine in the system. It took a while to show up correctly. Check the app on your phone if you can. Everything showed up correctly there but wrong on the computer.

Gomer

Original Poster
Thanks. The problem does affect both my phone app and the MDE on the Disney website. But it has only been a week since I made the reservations. I’ll give it a bit more time I suppose and hope it works itself out like yours did.

Ariel484

I'm having the same issue as you - some of them fixed themselves, some only show up when I go to make new reservations (I then get the "Make Changes to Existing Reservations" screen). I'm going to give them a call at some point this week anyway because I keep getting an error that says I've reached my maximum FP+ allowance and cannot make FP+ reservations for the last 2 days of my trip (we have APs that expire about a week after our trip).

As a side note - we just got back from Disney on Monday and the FP+ for that trip worked perfectly.

Gomer

Original Poster
I'm having the same issue as you - some of them fixed themselves, some only show up when I go to make new reservations (I then get the "Make Changes to Existing Reservations" screen). I'm going to give them a call at some point this week anyway because I keep getting an error that says I've reached my maximum FP+ allowance and cannot make FP+ reservations for the last 2 days of my trip (we have APs that expire about a week after our trip).

As a side note - we just got back from Disney on Monday and the FP+ for that trip worked perfectly.
Well by all means, if you have luck getting the support people to fix that for you let us know here. :) I'm a little gun shy with them at this point. I have this fear that if call to have them fix my FP+ I'll end up with everything wiped out or locked out of my account again.

SteveAZee

I've called in on the tech line a few times for various issues. My last call was to talk about this (made a change and BOTH the original and the new FP+ time was listted). They said that while their internal system shows that I only have the 'new' ressie, the deletion of the old one didn't get propagated to the software that shows the itinerary. He said it would get sorted out once the systems got synced. That was two weeks ago and still no sync. I'm currently taking their word for it and will assume the the new one will be accepted when I stroll up to the FP+ line in a few days.

Gomer

Original Poster
I've called in on the tech line a few times for various issues. My last call was to talk about this (made a change and BOTH the original and the new FP+ time was listted). They said that while their internal system shows that I only have the 'new' ressie, the deletion of the old one didn't get propagated to the software that shows the itinerary. He said it would get sorted out once the systems got synced. That was two weeks ago and still no sync. I'm currently taking their word for it and will assume the the new one will be accepted when I stroll up to the FP+ line in a few days.
Great info, thanks! I suppose if worst comes to worst, I can whip out my phone and try to show them the FP+ change page where it shows we have the FP and hope for the best. But then I'll be "that guy" causing the FP return line to back up.

Ariel484

Great info, thanks! I suppose if worst comes to worst, I can whip out my phone and try to show them the FP+ change page where it shows we have the FP and hope for the best. But then I'll be "that guy" causing the FP return line to back up.
If the band doesn't work for me that's what I plan on doing...whether it makes me "that guy" or not. :D

SteveAZee

I'll be interested to see if that works for anyone. I've heard (here on the boards) that printed copies of the itinerary don't get you a pass... not sure showing it on your smartphone would be that much more successful. If one were to want to circumvent the system, just show a screenshot (taken earlier in the day) and then load up three different FP+ reservations afterward.

I'm guessing that they may stick to what's in the system.

Gomer

Original Poster
You'd like to think that if you show them that you are actually using the MDE App to navigate to proof that you have a FP that they would be able to do something for you. Then again, at the speed that app moves, you'd probably be standing there longer than you would wait in the standby line anyway.

SteveAZee

True enough. Luckily, I think my only 'conflict' at the moment was due to moving a FP+ earlier by 1/2 an hour or so, so I won't need to test out your idea. I'd be interested to know if it works for you or others, though.

Gomer

Original Poster
In case anyone cared for an update....my issue did eventually resolve on its own. But it took over a month to do so. My FP+ reservations continued to appear incorrectly until I hit the 10 day mark before my first reservation at which point everything refreshed and is now showing properly. You'd think refresh would occur earlier, but I suppose the average guest isn't compulsively checking their account two months prior to their visit.

If I have any issues during use regarding the fluctuating reservations I will update here, but at this point I am optimistic that it won't cause an issues.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom