stupid magic band question, lol

eliza61nyc

This is what happens when you try to declutter..... so we use to use the old ones over but in my zeal to throw out 30 year old jeans, I inadvertently must have tossed all the old magic bands. Not sure, but am I remembering correctly that you have to buy the basic bands? we don't need magicband + just the basic unlock the door and ticket ones. where do you buy these things from? Im looking on shop disney but they all seem to be magicband+

No good deed goes unpunished.

Weather_Lady

The MagicBands 2.0 version (not the plus) are hard to find, and 2-3 times the price they used to be! Keep watching the website or checking to see what's available for your to order through MDE (if you open up MDE on your desktop and initiate the pre-ordering process on the "My MagicBands and Cards" link, pre-arrival "special" prices are available on several MB 2.0, starting at $20, although there are MB+ starting at $25), and if you find a color or design you can live with, snap it up. They're in short supply and word is that Disney is phasing them out to get people to purchase the pricier + models.

*Note: You can always request a Key To The World card for free, if you don't want to pay to replace the MagicBands! The MDE app can also be used through your phone to open your hotel door and display park tickets for scanning at the gate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I agree that’s what they are doing, but the + models are too gimmicky for my blood. And far too expensive. And far too much babysitting involved with them with having to make sure they are charged. Big ‘ole nope from me.
Me, too. My family members and I are clinging to 3 old MagicBand 2.0s apiece, and we'll be using them until they fall apart! After that, I can continue to use the pucks (etsy offers many styles of puck holders), or go back to using Key To The World cards, which I always found very convenient back in the day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
I agree that’s what they are doing, but the + models are too gimmicky for my blood. And far too expensive. And far too much babysitting involved with them with having to make sure they are charged. Big ‘ole nope from me.
Agree. I really didn't want another thing I have to charge.

Follow up questions, can you transfer magic bands. My good friend and travel buddy has a bunch of old bands, she goes yearly. I could bum a few off of her.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Upvote 0

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Agree. I really didn't want another thing I have to charge.

Follow up questions, can you transfer magic bands. My good friend and travel buddy has a bunch of old bands, she goes yearly. I could bum a few off of her.
Unfortunately, no. This is from the official WDW site:

Q:
Can other people use my MagicBand or card?
A:
No. When you use My Disney Experience to link your MagicBand+, MagicBand or card to your Disney account or another Guest in your party, only that person to whom it is linked is authorized to access the benefits associated with it—including linked tickets, touch-to-pay purchases and other entitlements. Once a MagicBand+, MagicBand or card is linked to your Disney account, it cannot be transferred to another person for use at the Walt Disney World Resort.
In addition to touching your MagicBand+, MagicBand or card to a touch point, you will be required to use our ticket tag service or show a photo ID that matches the name identified with your ticket to enter the parks, and you must enter a PIN code when making purchases. This process helps to ensure that you, and only you, have access to the entitlements linked to yourDisney account.

Upvote 0

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
This is what happens when you try to declutter..... so we use to use the old ones over but in my zeal to throw out 30 year old jeans, I inadvertently must have tossed all the old magic bands. Not sure, but am I remembering correctly that you have to buy the basic bands? we don't need magicband + just the basic unlock the door and ticket ones. where do you buy these things from? Im looking on shop disney but they all seem to be magicband+

No good deed goes unpunished.
You know those thirty year old jeans will be back in style any day now right?😉

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

You know those thirty year old jeans will be back in style any day now right?😉
Still are. A friend of ours was going overseas on a business trip a few years ago. He bought up a load of jeans from Goodwill and resold them when he was doing other business. Made a tidy profit. American jeans of any style are in demand.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom