Stupid guest behavior at theme parks

Phroobar

Original Poster
Last night I was at Knotts and I saw kids climb to the top of this rock formation in Camp Snoopy. One kid actually did a dance up there and jumped up and down. Two employees with walkies talkies came running and took the kids away. No parents in sight. It's not hard to climb up there. There use to be a rope bridge that went across to the balloon ride on the other side. There is basically a five foot wall up there but its not that hard to pull yourself up.

full

Phroobar

Original Poster
Also last night a group of Vietnamese school kids where graffiti the new fencing in the queue for Calico River Rapids. I yelled at them to stop. I reported it to the Knotts employee as the kids in front of me as they got on the ride. When they got off, the group was meet with Knotts security and taken away. The Knotts employees running the ride were pretty upset since the ride is only a few weeks old and already people are treating it like something at Six Flags. I wonder how screwed up GE will look in a month.

George Lucas on a Bench

Most people are just there to have a good time, but there are a few bad apples. I'll add:

- Teenagers. I simply don't understand the behavior. When I was a teenager, I was basically a slightly younger version of myself who hadn't paid taxes or pleased a woman yet. I occasionally acted stupid (Your own stupidity is a learning experience that helps you to grow and become slightly less stupid), but I never went into theme parks acting like the many idiotic teenagers yelling, climbing on things, playing terrible music on speakers for everyone around them to unfortunately have to endure etc. Also, what females could stomach being around me didn't scream at the top of their lungs on rides that aren't even that thrilling.

- Adults babying their children and taking kids under 4. I know I'm offending some people here. Well, boo hoo hoo. It's quite obvious that many of the parents getting their young kids in for free are just there for themselves. The kids have no idea what's going on and are actually pretty freaked out by a lot of the goings-on at DLR. The baby talk (From parents of both sexes) is intolerable. Also annoying is the letting loose of little tykes that can actually sort of walk as they careen through a crowded walkway with the parents irritatingly yelling in some baby dialect. My god.

Animaniac93-98

Also, what females could stomach being around me didn't scream at the top of their lungs on rides that aren't even that thrilling.

I know Tokyo Disney is known for having well behaved customers, but I had two exceptions.

One was my 2nd ride on Pirates. A group of teenage girls behind me SHRIEKED and CACKLED like raving lunatics (basically right in my ear) when they weren't YELLING at each other for the majority of the ride, until I glared at them and then they stopped. Clearly they had no interest in the ride itself, they just got on because it was a short wait and wanted to chatter among themselves.

The other was an older couple with a child in a manual wheelchair in line for another ride. They kept changing places so no one was in the wheelchair for very long (like 2 min max) and they also kept driving it into my ankles no matter how many times they got caught.

nol_dur

Last night I was at Knotts and I saw kids climb to the top of this rock formation in Camp Snoopy. One kid actually did a dance up there and jumped up and down. Two employees with walkies talkies came running and took the kids away. No parents in sight. It's not hard to climb up there. There use to be a rope bridge that went across to the balloon ride on the other side. There is basically a five foot wall up there but its not that hard to pull yourself up.

full
Not a theme park but at Six Flags America during one of their Holloween nights a group of teens were riding the graviton ride there and were just being annoying. They were cussing and trying to take photos, but the phones flew out of there hands and broke on the ground lol. We left right after this because we did everything and weren’t trying to deal with this. I’m pretty sure a kid got beat up there later that night but I might be thinking of Great America .

shambolicdefending

Little kids rarely bother me. Never had any memorable issues there.

Can't stand the screaming girls. Screaming at the top of one's lungs on any ride at Disneyland Park should be grounds for ejection.

Teenagers don't usually bother me too much unless there's profanity or PDA going on (or the aforementioned screamers). I was a part of some teenage groups back in the day that were probably on the obnoxious side of things in terms of volume, but we were never trouble makers.

HMFan999

I don't see a problem with people rejoining their party if it's no more than two or three coming into line, especially when they exited the line to go grab a drink or a churro.
That's not how lines work. If I'm alone and I have to leave the line to use the bathroom, I lose my place in line. Just because someone is traveling with a small army doesn't give them a right to forgo waiting like the rest of us. The only exception is people with small children (given it's one child and a parent) or people with special needs, but that should be handled differently to begin with.

TROR

That's not how lines work. If I'm alone and I have to leave the line to use the bathroom, I lose my place in line. Just because someone is traveling with a small army doesn't give them a right to forgo waiting like the rest of us. The only exception is people with small children (given it's one child and a parent) or people with special needs, but that should be handled differently to begin with.
Boo hoo someone had their friend save their spot in line. Yeah your trip is really ruined because of that and Disneyland is made a worse place a result.

Curious Constance

Boo hoo someone had their friend save their spot in line. Yeah your trip is really ruined because of that and Disneyland is made a worse place a result.
Yeah, but now they have to crawl past dozens of people and make everyone move out the way for them cuz they wanted to wait in line while getting food. I don’t mind when it’s small kids cuz they have bathroom emergencies that come out of no where, but adults are annoying.

Touchdown

It’s when it gets obsessive, last week a group of 4 teens had to join their party on Timber Mtn, as I loudly proclaimed “a log only carries 4 people” they at least apologized after.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom