Studios Packed Today!

Dubman

Original Poster
IMG_0223.JPG
Can't remember the last time I saw a 100 minute wait on the tower! We usually go at the slower times, guess that's a thing of the past..

Eddie Garrison

It's a national holiday today..I would assume you're in for a pretty busy weekend

Schools were in session today here in Orlando. Most businesses were open that I saw. Banking holiday perhaps. I didn't think schools and/or businesses observed Veterans Day anymore. Probably had something to do with it though.

Goofyernmost

Schools were in session today here in Orlando. Most businesses were open that I saw. Banking holiday perhaps. I didn't think schools and/or businesses observed Veterans Day anymore. Probably had something to do with it though.
Yea, it's one of those semi duplicate holidays. Memorial Day and Veterans Day. Most people tend to think that Memorial day is about all veterans. It isn't, it is about those that gave their lives in the service of their country. Veterans day is a celebration of those, like myself, that were in there and survived to have a full life and family (as well as some that didn't come out of it unscathed, but, lived) Even I put more importance on the Memorial Day aspect then the Veterans Day. Comparatively, I gave up nothing, but, a measured period of time.

Eddie Garrison

Yea, it's one of those semi duplicate holidays. Memorial Day and Veterans Day. Most people tend to think that Memorial day is about all veterans. It isn't, it is about those that gave their lives in the service of their country. Veterans day is a celebration of those, like myself, that were in there and survived to have a full life and family (as well as some that didn't come out of it unscathed, but, lived) Even I put more importance on the Memorial Day aspect then the Veterans Day. Comparatively, I gave up nothing, but, a measured period of time.

Firstly. Thank you for your service to out country.

Secondly. I could never place one above the other. I have nothing but the utmost respect for those that served, lived to tell about it or served and paid the ultimate price for our freedoms. We owe so much to the men & women that serve in the armed services.

Every day we should thank our military personal for what they do so we can live the lives we do.

Goofyernmost

Firstly. Thank you for your service to out country.

Secondly. I could never place one above the other. I have nothing but the utmost respect for those that served, lived to tell about it or served and paid the ultimate price for our freedoms. We owe so much to the men & women that serve in the armed services.

Every day we should thank our military personal for what they do so we can live the lives we do.
I appreciate that, but, sometimes I wish that people understood Memorial Day better. When I start seeing a lot a accolades directed at living veterans, I kinda cringe. It is not about us... it is about those that made the ultimate sacrifice. I made some, but, nothing compared to them. I lived to see my children grow, to see my grandchildren growing. They never got that chance. Those 50,000 names on the wall in DC were real people with dreams and desires that were never allowed to become reality. Some might have even been able to discover the cure for cancer or at the very least invented an aspirin bottle top that we "older" veterans can get open without using a hammer. :joyfull: My thoughts of it are not a big deal and it is wonderful that so many now do feel appreciative especially since that feeling didn't exist back in the Vietnam War era.:(

Eddie Garrison

I appreciate that, but, sometimes I wish that people understood Memorial Day better. When I start seeing a lot a accolades directed at living veterans, I kinda cringe. It is not about us... it is about those that made the ultimate sacrifice. I made some, but, nothing compared to them. I lived to see my children grow, to see my grandchildren growing. They never got that chance. Those 50,000 names on the wall in DC were real people with dreams and desires that were never allowed to become reality. Some might have even been able to discover the cure for cancer or at the very least invented an aspirin bottle top that we "older" veterans can get open without using a hammer. :joyfull: My thoughts of it are not a big deal and it is wonderful that so many now do feel appreciative especially since that feeling didn't exist back in the Vietnam War era.:(

I wish people did as well. Sad many do not know the difference.

mguimond1990

Really? It's interesting to see how different parts of country handle certain days. I'm from the northeast and most schools and businesses were closed today. Well, I guess I can't speak for all northern states but at least where I'm from things were closed haha

TB4244

Epcot is very busy right now. So much in fact that there's quite a line for Figment - I've only ever seen that as a walk on. Also a 2 hour wait for Frozen, no thanks!

Eddie Garrison

Epcot is very busy right now. So much in fact that there's quite a line for Figment - I've only ever seen that as a walk on. Also a 2 hour wait for Frozen, no thanks!

Last weekend for Food & Wine. I suspected it would be packed. Not heading out there until Sunday night.

Goofyernmost

University of Central Florida Orlando, a school of 63,000 students and hundreds of employees
Still not sure of the relevance unless you are implying that the entire school was closed and all the students and faculty got tickets to go, but just out of curiosity.. Shouldn't it be UCF? Uct sounds like an electrical abbreviation to me. ;)

5thGenTexan

Really? It's interesting to see how different parts of country handle certain days. I'm from the northeast and most schools and businesses were closed today. Well, I guess I can't speak for all northern states but at least where I'm from things were closed haha

Texas here. We had school today, but post office and banks were closed. Most schools closed in observance of Columbus Day, and in two weeks we will be off the whole week for Thanksgiving.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom