Studio Backlot Tour to close for a near two month refurbishment in early 2014

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Until they have to shut it down permanently to make way for new projects, then I, for one, am pleased that TDO is going to invest a little time and $$ to maintain this once great attraction.

I certainly am glad that they have abandoned their current MO of closing attractions many, many years ahead of building anything new in its place.

Ignohippo

Doesn't it usually close down for two or three months around that time every year anyway?

What is there to refurb? Some new monitors for the (incredibly out-of-date) Pearl Harbor show and maybe some new paint on the canyon?

It doesn't seem like there's enough ride to even justify a refurb!

MasonDuo

I agree with the sentiment that this could close permantently and not reopen. One can only hope that they are gonna do something back there...now's the time to start breaking ground on an expansion and they can close it and start ripping it apart.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
It has been closed 6 weeks to two months before. Although I agree on unless they are going to change the Pearl Harbor FX, change out the boneyard and repaint the canyon and tune up all the trucks there isn't much that justifies two months. Hopefully something else will transpire.

Losing Residential Street stole what was left of its "Backlot" cred. It's more behind the scenes maybe than backlot.

jeff59rt

They are testing using the trucks at the Main Street USA backlot tour before they theme that area and see if they can just save the money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom