Stuck Stories

Mr. Toad

While I've gotten stuck on a lot of the rides, the worst has to be getting stuck in It's A Small World. We sat in the Mexico section for 20 minutes hearing the song over and over again.

foxfire

I got stuck really bad on SE back in the 90's. We were near the top where you enter the "future" and the ride stopped. About 30 mins later the lights came on and we had to walk down 242 feet to the ground. Disney was nice enough to give us some free passes though.

Dwarful

My husband drug me on the Skyway ride with our daughter when she was 19 months old. we got stuck up there for about half an hour...I am not extremely fond of heights but I must admit my husband got some great video and photos from up high! Still I now avoid things like Ferris Wheels and the such at carnivals :)

cbjlshaw

Hey GGG1 we where stuck on Splash Mountain back on February 13th of this year. Maybe about the same time? We where stuck for at least 45 minutes, felt alot longer though. It gave me time to get a good long look at the scenes. Cool, although my oldest daughter can't stand the song now, she freaks every time I play it in the car.

We where stuck somewhere in the middle right where the possums hang from the tree overhead. I did find a hidden Mickey while we where stuck. It was three bobbers put together. Before the possums to the left.

The CM's where real nice when we had to exit. We exited in the back and had to walk down several flights of stairs. When we exited the building we saw where the floats for the parade where stored. We where also given a free fast pass for any ride at MK. :cool:

GGG1

CBJ, yeah we were there on Feb 13 as well. It is a "small world". One rumor i heard from a CM at the time was that someone had gotten out of the boats again because she was afraid of the drops!

wdw100

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.... Second Lift.....that same noise that plays loud every 2 second. That sounds like something is working:hammer:

isnet396

Original Poster
Originally posted by foxfire
I got stuck really bad on SE back in the 90's. We were near the top where you enter the "future" and the ride stopped. About 30 mins later the lights came on and we had to walk down 242 feet to the ground. Disney was nice enough to give us some free passes though.

Hopefully you were exaggeating as SE is only 180 feet!

Ian

JoeZerboy

Originally posted by isnet396

Hopefully you were exaggeating as SE is only 180 feet!

Ian

That's 180 feet top to bottom in a straight line. I wonder if the stairs in SE are designed the same way? More than likely, they curve around the inner wall of the globe, which would add distance to the length travelled. I wouldn't dare repeat the Pythagorean Theorem here... :drevil:

J

MKCustodial

Originally posted by cbjlshaw When we exited the building we saw where the floats for the parade where stored.

:sohappy: That's where they have the West Custodial barrack, kind of a break room. Ah, the days... :cool: I remember getting there before the parades started when I was assigned with parade cleaning so that I could see it right from the beginning. "Remember the magic, remember the magic, it's time to remember the magic!" :p

SykedOwt

Oh Yea, another time I Got Stuck in the Tower of Terror after we were done w/ the drops, It was the last ride of the day and I think they forgot to turn the ride to where the doors open. We were sitting there for a good 20-25 minutes before they realized.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom