Strongly Considering a Trip to WDW: Please Help me plan or talk me out of it

mickEblu

Original Poster
Yeah I think you probably could do it all. SSE and Soarin’ can have longer lines but you prob don’t care about Soarin’ since it’s at DCA. Mission: SPACE might have a longer line too, you should try the green version first just incase the orange is too intense. I’ve personally never done orange, but green is fine as long as you aren’t claustrophobic.

Definitely don’t care about Soarin. Although my son has never been on it and I think he would love it. He had barley turned 40 inches before DLR closed. Yeah starting with Green might be a good idea.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Original Poster
On the other hand I’ve never done Green. If you’ve been on one of those rides at a carnival that spins fast and you stick to the wall, Orange is just a claustrophobic version of that, so you’ll be fine. Might be a bit much for young kids though.

This sounds terrible! I’ve never been on one of those carnival rides. So your saying Mission Space is like one of those as in its enclosed and it just keeps spinning around in a circle? 🤢 But even worse because their smaller ride vehicles?

Little Green Men

This sounds terrible! I’ve never been on one of those carnival rides. So your saying Mission Space is like one of those as in its enclosed and it just keeps spinning around in a circle? 🤢 But even worse because their smaller ride vehicles?
I believe only the launch spins around in a circle, but yes. The green version has no spinning so it’s pretty much a smaller version of Star Tours.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I believe only the launch spins around in a circle, but yes. The green version has no spinning so it’s pretty much a smaller version of Star Tours.

Oh ok if it only spins around during launch I think I can do that. How long would you say the spinning during launch lasts? I’m not claustrophobic but I did freak out when I got an MRI once and the top of the chamber was like a centimeter from my face.

Little Green Men

Oh ok if it only spins around during launch I think I can do that. How long would you say the spinning during launch lasts? I’m not claustrophobic but I did freak out when I got an MRI once and the top of the chamber was like a centimeter from my face.
I’m not positive I’ve never done orange so it might spin at another point. It’s pretty tight, the consoles come several inches from your face.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I’m not positive I’ve never done orange so it might spin at another point. It’s pretty tight, the consoles come several inches from your face.

Yikes. Ya know, I might just have to skip it. I would hate to get sick and for it to ruin my Epcot day. I’ve never had motion sickness before but it doesn’t sound fun. What makes it cool / unique ?

Little Green Men

Yikes. Ya know, I might just have to skip it. I would hate to get sick and for it to ruin my Epcot day. I’ve never had motion sickness before but it doesn’t sound fun. What makes it cool / unique ?
I say try the green version, that shouldn’t make you sick and allows you to see how tight it is. You also can say you’ve done it, but if you have issues with being in a room as big as a closet then better safe than sorry.

Little Green Men

@mickEblu What makes the ride unique is that there are two versions with different destinations, green (less intense) goes around Earth while orange (more intense) goes to Mars. This video gives you an idea how big the capsules are, it’s also the older version of the ride before its 2017 graphic updates so it’s not exactly what you will see anymore on either version (though it is more similar to the current orange version).

mickEblu

Original Poster
@mickEblu What makes the ride unique is that there are two versions with different destinations, green (less intense) goes around Earth while orange (more intense) goes to Mars. This video gives you an idea how big the capsules are, it’s also the older version of the ride before its 2017 graphic updates so it’s not exactly what you will see anymore on either version (though it is more similar to the current orange version).

Thanks for sharing. Just took a quick peek because I didn’t want to spoil it. I’m going to have to try it! But I’ll probably have to do Orange because I most likely will not wait to go in twice and I don’t want the watered down version

Little Green Men

Thanks for sharing. Just took a quick peek because I didn’t want to spoil it. I’m going to have to try it! But I’ll probably have to do Orange because I most likely will not wait to go in twice and I don’t want the watered down version
That’s cool, orange is still similar but the capcom is completely different now and graphics are better than the 2003 ones in that vid.

Disney Analyst

Thanks!

Yeah, my Must Do attraction list is longer at Epcot but the lines at DHS will be longer right? Outside of Test Track and Frozen, do any of the other attractions at the park have long waits? DHS also has more attractions that I’ll probably want to do more than once unlike Epcot that seems like a lot more one and done’s. Do you think I should be able to knock out the Epcot list in an 8 hour day?
Just to jump in, and I’m sure you realize, but save SSE until late in the day, it’s generally a walk on by the evening. I believe you are entering the park from the back anyway, but a lot of people hit SSE right at open as it’s the first ride. Avoid.

Also have to agree, if you can, go into the Sea’s pavilion. The manatees are worth the visit. Skip the Nemo ride (unless your kids would love that? It’s basically the indoor portion of the subs but... not as cool cause you aren’t in a sub).

mickEblu

Original Poster
Just to jump in, and I’m sure you realize, but save SSE until late in the day, it’s generally a walk on by the evening. I believe you are entering the park from the back anyway, but a lot of people hit SSE right at open as it’s the first ride. Avoid.

Also have to agree, if you can, go into the Sea’s pavilion. The manatees are worth the visit. Skip the Nemo ride (unless your kids would love that? It’s basically the indoor portion of the subs but... not as cool cause you aren’t in a sub).

Thanks for the tips! Yeah Nemo is on the bottom of the list. Only if it’s a walk on AND the kids are super bored AND we ve done everything else. The aquariums sound like they ll be cool to check out with the kids.

Planning to hit Test Track or Frozen first. Didn’t really have a game plan for SSE so thank you.

No Name

It doesn’t spin the entire ride but it spins at multiple points (more than just launch). No more than 30ish seconds at a time. I think you’ll be fine.

And the kids would like the Nemo ride, and there’s almost never a wait.

mickEblu

Original Poster
It doesn’t spin the entire ride but it spins at multiple points (more than just launch). No more than 30ish seconds at a time. I think you’ll be fine.

And the kids would like the Nemo ride, and there’s almost never a wait.

Good to know thank you

Which makes Nemo east infinitely better then Nemo west (ride experience only) as there always seems to be a 30-45 minute wait for the Subs.

Little Green Men

Good to know thank you

Which makes Nemo east infinitely better then Nemo west (ride experience only) as there always seems to be a 30-45 minute wait for the Subs.
Nemo is the same vehicles as the little mermaid ride and a five minute omnimover. The finale has nemo chars projected into the aquarium with the real fish. It shouldn’t have more than a ten min wait.

CaptinEO

I agree with the sentiment and love the optimism but did you go with the three young children post COVID? lol

Thats good advice. I need to be ok with just not seeing everything. I think with my itinerary, I've given myself a great shot but its ok if it doesn't happen. As long as I do all of my Must Do's which admittedly is a long list. Maybe I have to highlight Must Do's on my Must Do list. haha

Must Do's: Super Must Do's are bolded

MK
Astro
Orbiter : This gets a half bold because of its still up high like the old Rocket Jets
Thunder Mountain
Country Bear Jamboree
Hall of Presidents
Haunted Mansion
its a small world
Jungle Cruise

Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Mickeys Philharmagic
Peter Pans Flight
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Swiss Family Treehouse
Carrousel of Progress
People Mover

Of course ill have to do some flats like Dumbo and the Tea Cups for the kids but they aren't Must Do's for me.

Animal Kingdom
Flight of Passage
Dinosaur
Expedition Everest

It's Tough to be a Bug
Kiliminjaro Safaris
Na'vi River Journey

Kali River Rapids will be closed

Hollywood Studios
Mickey & Minnies Runaway Railway
Rock n Roller Coaster
Slinky Dog Dash
Tower of Terror

Not Must Do's but would like to do TSMM and Star Tours with my son. Maybe even Smugglers Run if time permits. Im going to try to get a ROTR boarding pass since I can do that conveniently from the hotel.

Epcot:
American Adventure
Frozen Ever After
Gran Fiesta Tour
Impressions
Journey into Imagination
Living with the Land
Mission Space

Nemo n Friends
Soarin Around the World
Spaceship Earth
Test Track
No Children and Covid wasn't a thing when we went, but it was the week of Christmas which is supposedly the most crowded week, yet it felt super light compared to Disneyland.

You're gonna have a great time. Do worry about what you will or won't do. You'll have fun no matter what, scuffling every minute to get from ride to ride is never good.

rreading

Agree that the kids will probably like the Nemo ride though it's not really worth a wait. Generally walking through the queue is much longer than the line itself though - I've never had to wait for it.

Mission Space is special in that it is the actual tech that they use to train astronauts who are learning what launch feels like. Green doesn't have the full G effect and is fun but mild (as long as you're not claustrophobic); Orange is legit. I usually do green first and see if I'm up for Orange. My kids definitely prefer orange.

Agree that everyone entering Epcot does SSE first so there's a line until 3-4P; after that it's a walk-on. LwtL similarly is not as busy later in the day. So I'd probably do Frozen to Caballeros to TT (single rider/rider swap) to M:S to SSE to Nemo then LwtL (and maybe consider Soarin from there). Then relax with the countries for the rest of your day and get American Adventure when possible (iirc it occurs at the top of every hour and never has a wait but you have to get there on time)

mickEblu

Original Poster
Agree that the kids will probably like the Nemo ride though it's not really worth a wait. Generally walking through the queue is much longer than the line itself though - I've never had to wait for it.

Mission Space is special in that it is the actual tech that they use to train astronauts who are learning what launch feels like. Green doesn't have the full G effect and is fun but mild (as long as you're not claustrophobic); Orange is legit. I usually do green first and see if I'm up for Orange. My kids definitely prefer orange.

Agree that everyone entering Epcot does SSE first so there's a line until 3-4P; after that it's a walk-on. LwtL similarly is not as busy later in the day. So I'd probably do Frozen to Caballeros to TT (single rider/rider swap) to M:S to SSE to Nemo then LwtL (and maybe consider Soarin from there). Then relax with the countries for the rest of your day and get American Adventure when possible (iirc it occurs at the top of every hour and never has a wait but you have to get there on time)

This sounds like a solid plan. Thank you. Are any of these rides better at day or night? Obviously the indoor ones don’t matter so much but LwtL I’d imagine is better during the day. Is Test Track better day or night? How about for the rest of WDW? Are their any attractions that are just THAT much better at night?

For me at DLR that ride is BTMRR to the point where I don’t even ride it during the day anymore. Splash just feels right during the day and not just because of the wet factor. POTC/ HM during the day because it makes the light to dark transition more unique and your eyes haven’t adjusted to the dark. Matterhorn I probably enjoy a little more at night but it’s not as an exaggerated difference as BTMRR.

Last edited:

mlayton144

This sounds like a solid plan. Thank you. Are any of these rides better at day or night? Obviously the indoor ones don’t matter so much but LwtL I’d imagine is better during the day. Is Test Track better day or night? How about for the rest of WDW? Are their any attractions that are just THAT much better at night?

For me at DLR that ride is BTMRR to the point where I don’t even ride it during the day anymore. Splash just feels right during the day and not just because of the wet factor. POTC/ HM during the day because it makes the light to dark transition more unique and your eyes haven’t adjusted to the dark. Matterhorn I probably enjoy a little more at night but it’s not as an exaggerated difference as BTMRR.

you mentioned Astro orbiters - definitely better at night with MK lit up. It’s pretty high up and scarier than you would think lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom