Strollers

Rosanne

Original Poster
What is the latest on the stroller situation? Rule requirements? Does it start today? We were at Magic Kingdom on Monday and my friend was hit from behind with a big stroller. Obviously the man pushing the stroller was focused on all the kids and not the stroller. He ran up the back of my friends shoe. My friend could not dislodge it and he fell. Lucky there was a light post (on Main St) and he grabbed it as he was going down. If not - he would have done a face plant on the cement. Some of these strollers are so huge they have 2, 3 & even 4 kids in them. Plus they are piled high with food, jackets, blankets, bottles...everything but the kitchen sink. Do they also have a limit on how many electric scooters go thru the gates? Between the strollers & the scooters its like walking on the freeway when you are trying to enjoy a pleasant day at the park.

macefamily

Back in October I was almost taken out by a crazy scooter lady. 90 degree day. Magic Kingdom was jam-packed. Walking over to the Buzz Lightyear 90 minute wait, and BAM ! She came flying across an open area and slammed right into the side of my knee. Lucky I didn't tear an ACL or something. I looked down at her and she gave me the nastiest look. But she was the one TALKING ON A CELL PHONE and zipping through a crowded area on her Jazzy. I say, make 'em walk. Mickey can cure all ills.

ninjaprincesst

Back in October I was almost taken out by a crazy scooter lady. 90 degree day. Magic Kingdom was jam-packed. Walking over to the Buzz Lightyear 90 minute wait, and BAM ! She came flying across an open area and slammed right into the side of my knee. Lucky I didn't tear an ACL or something. I looked down at her and she gave me the nastiest look. But she was the one TALKING ON A CELL PHONE and zipping through a crowded area on her Jazzy. I say, make 'em walk. Mickey can cure all ills.
You know people on scooters have issues as well, you would not believe the number of people who just walk right out in front of a scooter, or allow there kids to, Mickey may cure all ills, but so far he hasn't grown my Dad a new leg, so he has to have a scooter.

drizgirl

Not really, as guests could well have already prepared for the enforcement of the new guidelines by getting new strollers that comply.
Prepared? Only if they're regulars and go with some frequency. Many of WDW's guests don't go regularly and only have a single trip they are concerned with at this point. And honestly, the changes (except for banning the Keenz) were not that substantial. Most strollers people were using meet the new criteria. Those massive jogging strollers? Still fine.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I love guests that think outside the box

33DC7514-C519-4A0A-9EA9-A860050C883F.jpeg

Janir

I'd have gotten a cast member involved. Otherwise I'd have taken that lady's cell phone and tossed it into the moat. No call for driving a scooter while on a cell phone. I don't care if you can do it in your car or not. In a disney park there are people everywhere. Some personal responsibility is all we're asking here.

jloucks

S
You know people on scooters have issues as well, you would not believe the number of people who just walk right out in front of a scooter, or allow there kids to, Mickey may cure all ills, but so far he hasn't grown my Dad a new leg, so he has to have a scooter.
Something tells me your dad can expertly operate that scooter. Most anti scooter folks are really just referring to the weekend warriors that rent them and are clueless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom