• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Strollers aren't the problem!

JustAFan

Original Poster
Just got back from a few days at WDW. The stroller rule is supposedly in effect, although I saw quite a few that seemed to be larger than the allowed size. Even still, I don't think I ever had a problem with a stroller being in my way. The biggest problem was people stopping in the middle of the flow of traffic. If you have to talk something over with your group, check your map, pick up another fast pass, answer a call, etc., MOVE TO THE SIDE!!!

Also, a much less annoyance was people trying to take advantage of lines. Cutting, sweet-talking the CM for a free fast pass while everyone waits behind you, sending one runner ahead of a group and having the rest try to catch up. "Excuse me, we need to catch up with our party." No, you're using your little kid as a way around the line. lol

Keep the strollers. Get rid of the rude people. Problem solved. :D:D:D

drizgirl

Advertisement
The allowable stroller size is actually pretty generous. The new rule didn't affect the vast majority of what was in the parks.

The real problem is crowds. And they're only going to get worse.

aliceismad

How would they enforce that though? I've often a thought an IQ test should be mandatory for admittance into the resort in general.
IQ has nothing to do with kindness level, though. I've met some very smart people with very little empathy or emotional intelligence.

Jerks are gonna be jerks. Regardless of whether they're cutting you off on the interstate or cutting in front of you at Disney.

AndyS2992

Strollers are a huge pain in the backside, people use them to ram their way through crowds, people run over people's feet or ram in to the back of people's heels intentionally and unintentionally, they get in the way by being parked or dumped in walkways or take up space where someone could be standing the parade or fireworks, unfolded ones take up spaces on the buses, they are used to shoplift, they ruin scenery, I could go on. they are just as annoying as the other annoyances posted here.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
The attitude behind this whole thread is ridiculous. "Walking slowly" shouldn't be something that causes you consternation. If a family enjoying a relaxed pace is something that really upsets you while you try to sprint from ride to ride, maybe you're the one who needs to learn something about what it means to be kind to one another.

Now, it's completely different if someone has their face in their phone and they're not paying attention or if they're walking in the middle of a crowd and stop suddenly, but if people walking slowly gets you upset, get over it.

olie64

Strollers are a huge pain in the backside, people use them to ram their way through crowds, people run over people's feet or ram in to the back of people's heels intentionally and unintentionally, they get in the way by being parked or dumped in walkways or take up space where someone could be standing the parade or fireworks, unfolded ones take up spaces on the buses, they are used to shoplift, they ruin scenery, I could go on. they are just as annoying as the other annoyances posted here.
You can't take an unfolded on a bus.

CLEtoWDW

On the other end of the spectrum: people who run. Unless you are having a medical emergency or you have misplaced a child 😜 there is absolutely no need to run inside the parks. Our little one nearly got run over by a teenager last year at rope drop and his father couldn’t be bothered to apologize as he ran right behind his son. Funny thing was they were running to Slinky Dog Dash (where we were also headed) and we blew right pass them with our FPs as they waiting in the stand by line. Suckers!

jloucks

I have become really good at prioritizing my stressors. Strollers have a hard time beating out scooters and the hot mess bussing system.

As with any human powered conveyance, it is almost the operator that is to blame should issues arise. Strollers are no exception. Not sure if it is just coincidence or an increased awareness caused by strollers, but stroller operators do seem to perform some really rando maneuvers that cause foot traffic issues. But, again, unlike scooters, nobody generally get hurt.

Now that you have me thinking about it, I think camera operators cause more traffic anomalies than stroller operators. Photographers often just stop in front of you, and then glare when you ever-so-gently plow into them.

JustAFan

Original Poster
The attitude behind this whole thread is ridiculous. "Walking slowly" shouldn't be something that causes you consternation. If a family enjoying a relaxed pace is something that really upsets you while you try to sprint from ride to ride, maybe you're the one who needs to learn something about what it means to be kind to one another.

Now, it's completely different if someone has their face in their phone and they're not paying attention or if they're walking in the middle of a crowd and stop suddenly, but if people walking slowly gets you upset, get over it.
True. I don't mind at all people leisurely walking through the park taking in the sights. To be clear, my gripe is with people that stop. Busy walkway, thousands of people per minute, heavy foot traffic, hold on let me stop with my party of 8 and talk about what to do next right in the middle of this busy walkway. Ugh!

Top Bottom