Stroller storage

Tiacin

Original Poster
Hi there,
It's going to be my first time on a Disney cruise. I am planning on bringing a Baby Trend Sit N Stand stroller. Will I have problem storing it in the stateroom? Thanks!

Maelstrom Troll

What class of stateroom on which ship? Does the stroller break down at all? Even if not it will probably take up some real estate, but not more than a minor annoyance.

Tiacin

Original Poster
We will be staying in a family ocean view statement Category 8B on Disney Dream. I read that the bed clearance is about 12" and the stroller fold down to about 15".

ChuckElias

If it folds down to the height of a suitcase, then it will likely fit under the bed. If it doesn't fit under the bed, you could try putting it in the bathtub, maybe? Then it would only take up stateroom space during bath/shower time.

peter11435

Strollers are honestly a bit cumbersome and rather unnecessary on the ship itself cruise. On Castaway Cay strollers and wagons are available for complimentary use. We stopped bringing a stroller after our first cruise with an infant once we realized how little we used it.

Could you consider a cheap umbrella stroller?

jaklgreen

That stroller seems pretty big for a cruise ship. The hallways by the staterooms are very narrow and looong. If someone is coming down the other way with a wheelchair, there is nowhere to go if you are in the middle of the long hallway. We don't usually see too many people with strollers on the ships. Maybe 1 or 2 per cruise. I think a stroller would be more of a hassle then it is worth.

RememberWhen

I had a similar question. We’re going on a cruise next summer (2020) and will be headin to Disney after. We were thinking we wouldn’t bring a stroller for the cruise but would want one for Disney. DD will have just turned 3. Maybe renting is the best choice. We have a city mini that we’ve brought before but it’s way too big for the boat.
I suppose this isn’t really a question.

jaklgreen

I had a similar question. We’re going on a cruise next summer (2020) and will be headin to Disney after. We were thinking we wouldn’t bring a stroller for the cruise but would want one for Disney. DD will have just turned 3. Maybe renting is the best choice. We have a city mini that we’ve brought before but it’s way too big for the boat.
I suppose this isn’t really a question.

If you are bringing a stroller and are not planning on using it during the cruise, the stateroom hosts can take it and store it for you while on the cruise. That way it won't be taking up space in your stateroom.

jaklgreen

Ohhh I had no idea that was a possibility! Thanks!
I think that they can perform any miracle on the DCL ships. One of our suitcases broke by the zipper when we got there and I was unpacking. They took it to see if the seamstresses on board(yes they have seamstresses on board, crazy) could fix it. Unfortunately they could not. It was not their fault but they came back the next day saying that they could not fix it and just gave us a free suitcase so we would have somewhere to put our stuff. Very nice and over the top customer service. They could have made me pay for one in the gift shop.

EOD K9

I think that they can perform any miracle on the DCL ships. One of our suitcases broke by the zipper when we got there and I was unpacking. They took it to see if the seamstresses on board(yes they have seamstresses on board, crazy) could fix it. Unfortunately they could not. It was not their fault but they came back the next day saying that they could not fix it and just gave us a free suitcase so we would have somewhere to put our stuff. Very nice and over the top customer service. They could have made me pay for one in the gift shop.
Thats why I enjoy being on the boats more than the parks. While the cruise is expensive, I feel the experience and level of service is wonderful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom