Stroller Question..Need Help

I'm not sure if this was posted already and I apologize if it was, it's just so hard to keep up with all of these threads. But anyway, I go to Disney in 4 months and it will be my first time with little kids (my cousins). One is 2 and a half. We are bringing one of those Jeep strollers with the 3 wheels, 1 in the front and 2 in the back. Is this a good choice size wise? And also, I was wondering, when we all go on rides, do they all have stroller parking or nearby the certain ride? Does it cost? I need your advice and help...Thanks All!:animwink:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We have the same stroller and it is great once you get it into the park however it is very cumbersome on the trams and buses. Here are a few tips to make it a little easier. If you are putting anything in the storage underneath keep every thing in a back pack. That way when it comes time to fold it up you can simply remove the back pack, put it on and fold up the stroller. Hopefully you will have another adult with you if that is the case have one person take the child and the other take the stroller. There is stroller parking near all the rides and attractions and there is no cost.

Upvote 0

scpergj

We have the same stroller and it is great once you get it into the park however it is very cumbersome on the trams and buses. Here are a few tips to make it a little easier. If you are putting anything in the storage underneath keep every thing in a back pack. That way when it comes time to fold it up you can simply remove the back pack, put it on and fold up the stroller. Hopefully you will have another adult with you if that is the case have one person take the child and the other take the stroller. There is stroller parking near all the rides and attractions and there is no cost.

This year will be our first without a stroller. I cannot say anything about that particular stroller (Master Yoda seems to have covered that well), but if the stroller LOOKS similar to others, then do something to distinguish it, like yarn around the handle (not just one small piece..several, so they can't be missed), or something along those lines.

We had an inexpensive stroller taken from outside Mickey's Philharmagic two years ago. It is the pink Dora umbrella stroller that was everywhere at that time. We had written our name on the tag...but it wasn't overly visible, and it got taken. We spent 45 minutes, with a cast member helping, trying to find it. No luck, and no luck at the lost and found later, either. There were several others just like it in the same stroller parking area, so we're pretty sure someone just got the wrong stroller...still, made for a stressful time.

Upvote 0

Chape19714

Also be aware that in certain rides and shows, Cast Members will move strollers while you are inside to fit better in the stroller area or in a different area (so it's closer to the exit). If you have trouble, just ask a CM!

Upvote 0

ypcat

This year will be our first without a stroller. I cannot say anything about that particular stroller (Master Yoda seems to have covered that well), but if the stroller LOOKS similar to others, then do something to distinguish it, like yarn around the handle (not just one small piece..several, so they can't be missed), or something along those lines.

We had an inexpensive stroller taken from outside Mickey's Philharmagic two years ago. It is the pink Dora umbrella stroller that was everywhere at that time. We had written our name on the tag...but it wasn't overly visible, and it got taken. We spent 45 minutes, with a cast member helping, trying to find it. No luck, and no luck at the lost and found later, either. There were several others just like it in the same stroller parking area, so we're pretty sure someone just got the wrong stroller...still, made for a stressful time.

We have a tie dyed bandana that we tie on the stroller handle. We always use the Disney strollers, so it makes it easier to identify. I'd do the same thing if we brought a common looking stroller.

Upvote 0

coltow

There is always somplace to park the stoller, but CMs move them around all the time. Make sure you attach somthing to your stroller so that you can find it easier. I always put a luggage tag on my stroller. I put all my contact information as well as my resort. That way if it ever got misplaced I will hopefully get it back.

Upvote 0

dragongirl

Sorry to bump up an old thread. :wave: But I have this same stroller. I'd prefer to take it, because it would be much more comfortable for my daughter and the handling is wonderful. But the con would be the buses and trams.

When you took yours did you regret it or would you have done it again? We're staying at Old Key West in September before the Food and Wine Festival starts. So I'm not anticipating a crowded bus, but still wonder at how much of a pain it was with the buses.

If I was staying at Boardwalk there would be no issue, since the only bus we'd have to take would be to AK.

But the bus issue right now is why I'm considering a cheapy umbrella type, which I know will have my daughter crying to get out after less than an hour and not willing to get back in. :(

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Sorry to bump up an old thread. :wave: But I have this same stroller. I'd prefer to take it, because it would be much more comfortable for my daughter and the handling is wonderful. But the con would be the buses and trams.

When you took yours did you regret it or would you have done it again? We're staying at Old Key West in September before the Food and Wine Festival starts. So I'm not anticipating a crowded bus, but still wonder at how much of a pain it was with the buses.

If I was staying at Boardwalk there would be no issue, since the only bus we'd have to take would be to AK.

But the bus issue right now is why I'm considering a cheapy umbrella type, which I know will have my daughter crying to get out after less than an hour and not willing to get back in. :(
As long at there is 2 of you (one for kid and one for stroller) then I would take it. If I was by myself I would get an umbrella stroller.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom